Profile for Mandy > Reviews

The King's Speech [DVD]
Dvd ~ Colin Firth
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking film, 10 May 2011
This review is from: The King's Speech [DVD] (DVD)
I enjoyed the film immensely. I found it genuinely touching and naturally comical in places and very uplifting. As I had never heard the original speech, I had no clue as to whether he made it through at the end without stammering. I felt myself willing him on! Also, it was the first film I ever went to see where the audience spontaneously applauded at the end. That spoke volumes to me.

The Pillars of the Earth [DVD] [2010]
The Pillars of the Earth [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Ian McShane
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 21 Nov. 2010
I watched the programme whilst I have been reading the book and to be honest I think they made a good call to adapt it in such a way for TV. The main characters of Jack, Aliena, Richard, Martha and Alfred were all made older for the TV programme and I'm glad they were.

Loved it.

The Vampire Diaries - Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Vampire Diaries - Season 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Nina Dobrev

4.0 out of 5 stars Vampire Diaries, 14 Sept. 2010
I watched the series before I read the books on which they were based and personally I prefer the TV series. I didn't particularly like Elena's character in the books and I found her easier to relate to in the TV series. Just a personal preference.

Timex T433914E Expedition Easy Set Alarm Mens Watch
Timex T433914E Expedition Easy Set Alarm Mens Watch

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this watch, 2 Jan. 2009
I love the Times Indiglo Expedition watch so much that when my old one shuffled off to the great clock makers in the sky , I went out and bought exactly the same watch again. Although it it a gents watch, it does not look overly chunky on my wrist and it is a very simple watch to operate. The alarm is also very good, especially when cooking!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 8, 2010 7:35 PM GMT

Numb3rs [DVD]
Numb3rs [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rob Morrow
Offered by jumpingjack1975

4.0 out of 5 stars Splendid Series, but no Bonus features! Shame, 10 April 2007
This review is from: Numb3rs [DVD] (DVD)
Brilliant series with interesting plots, a fantastic ensemble cast headlined by Rob Morrow and David Krumholtz, playing the two very different but very believable brothers. The only problem I have is with the DVD - the layered design of the inside is irritating and I wish that the DVD's had some forms of bonus material. For such an indepth series , some behind the scenes info and even a blooper reel would be good. Its seems the Region 1 DVD for the USA had all this,but not us! The UK distributed versions of these fantastic US series' always seem to charge more and give us less. GIVE US THE EXTRAS TOO!! So - very happy with the series. DVD extras and layout design could be better.

Oklahoma! [DVD]
Oklahoma! [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hugh Jackman

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking!, 1 Oct. 2006
This review is from: Oklahoma! [DVD] (DVD)
This is one of the best musical interpretations I have ever seen. The cast is outstanding - there is a brilliant on-stage chemistry between the actors and the subsequent performances of their characters that makes this a pleasure to watch. The songs are sung with immense heart and feeling (try not to wander around the next day and NOT humm 'oh, what a beautiful morning!) and I personally feel Trevor Nunn should be made into the Patron Saint of the Theatre for getting Hugh Jackman to play Curly. Wonderful. I'm off to watch it again.......