Profile for MyWebSpinners > Reviews

Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
Mary Berry's Ultimate Cake Book (Second Edition): Over 200 Classic Recipes
by Mary Berry

1.0 out of 5 stars Go for a more modern book..., 7 Feb 2014
She's I'm sure a lovely lady, and knows a lot about baking. But this is an old book full of old fashioned recipes - lots of rather dull, dry cakes that I'm sure we're all the rage in post-war Britain, but not that great now. Not many photos either. Fashions change, and cakes today are more luscious and interesting than they used to be - so I'd resist the temptation to buy this just because Mary is on telly, and get a more modern book instead, full of more international influences and interesting ingredients.

Dreamweaver 8
Dreamweaver 8

1.0 out of 5 stars New features either do little or hinder performance, 5 Dec 2005
This review is from: Dreamweaver 8 (CD-ROM)
I was eagerly awaiting the release of this version of DW. I use the program almost everyday. I was especially looking forward to more CSS support. But the new CSS panels harly help at all - they don't present information very clearly and don't make editing styles any easier. In fact, I still use the right-click 'edit' as I used to - instead of the new CSS panels. Also - the new version placescode for layers in both the head and body sections - making it verydifficult to make layer positioning editable in templates. So something that was easy in DW MX is not much harder to do in DW 8. There are many other additional features, but for someone like me who uses design view predominantly, they hardly makes any difference at all. I'd stay with DWMX until DW 9 comes out.