Profile for Mr. W. Jamil > Reviews

Content by Mr. W. Jamil

Mr. W. Jamil "geedie1" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2
Journey Of A Gemini
Journey Of A Gemini
Offered by gowingsstoreltd
Price: 11.52

5.0 out of 5 stars I wish I was a Gemini, if i believed in horoscopes!, 21 July 2006
This review is from: Journey Of A Gemini (Audio CD)
If being a Gemini gives you a voice like Donell Jones then all Geminies should count themselves lucky! Donell Jones has a magnificent voice, which is what makes the fact that Donell Jones never really made it in the Uk soooo puzzling!!!

You may remember Donell Jones from his only real hit in the UK 'You know what's up feat. Left Eye Lopez' (R.I.P), which was one hell of a track!!! However he has been in the game for a fairly long time as a great producer and singer! Well this album continues the excellence!

With appearances by Jermaine Dupri, Bun B and Clipse he has enough big names to entertain those who have no clue about Donell Jones and still not spoil the album by having someone on every track! The appearances are all sound!!! With Clipse's appearnces being awesome on the last track which has an absolutely amazing beat on it!

This album does offer crazy beats, with even crazier vocals by the legend Donell Jones! Also Donell does produce a lot of his own music and his talents just seem to go on! He does change it up a bit, but he does tend to stick to his guns by singing the not so typical love song, because Donell Jones just does his thing!

As mentioned at the end of the last paragraph, Donell does his thing, he doesn't copy styles, he isn't like Chris Brown, who for me just tries too hard and yes we know you can dance very well and yes we know you're 16, you look it, so stop saying it! Donell does not repeat himself unlike Chris Brown as my short outburst just suggested!

This is a brilliant album and it is perfect for the car to mellow out to, great for guests, or when you may have someone from the opposite sex round! This truly is amazing!!! YOU NEED TO BUY IT!!!!!

Rappa Ternt Sanga
Rappa Ternt Sanga
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 6.90

5.0 out of 5 stars T-Pain, Unique and excellent!!!, 20 May 2006
This review is from: Rappa Ternt Sanga (Audio CD)
You would probably know T-Pain from his recent massive hit 'I'm Sprung,' which if I may just say is excellent, and if I was to be honest that was the first track I heard then I went to a club called Mercy (great club) where Trevor Nelson (LEGEND!!!) played a remixed version of 'I'm Sprung' I believe it was the one with Beenie Man and it blew my mind!

I was very impressed with T-Pain's unique voice and the beat on 'I'm Sprung' is crazy so I just knew that if he made tracks like this then the album would be amazing! I later heard 'U Got Me feat. Akon,' which is what I would call a 'feel good track,' because it mellows you out and then puts a smile on you! People may say he is just another Akon and I say I don't care, he's great and he is signed to Konvict Ent., which is Akon's record label so they can compliment each other because if they are similar then they would know what works best for both of them!

Other great tracks on this album are; 'Ur Not the Same feat. Akon,' 'I'm N Luv feat. Mike Jones,' and 'Como Estas feat. Taino,' which is quite different but still brilliant!

Quite simply you should buy it, it's really worth every penny!

Batman Begins (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Batman Begins (Two-Disc Special Edition) [DVD] [2005]
Dvd ~ Christian Bale
Offered by streetsahead
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!, 15 May 2006
I personally believe this is the best Batman film made, with Christian Bale being the best Batman! I'm really not the bigest fan of prequals or in some cases even sequals, however Batman Begins really does fulfill the criteria of an excellent film, which would lead onto the other Batman films! However apparently at the end there is a slight inaccuracy with how Batman gets to know of the Joker!

Anyway, there are a couple of faults in this film, but not major ones, they include Christian Bale's voice when he is Batman, obviously he is trying to sound different to keep his identity a secret! The other, unfortunately, is Sir Michael Caine! Sir Michael Caine is an absolute legend/God however he could never replace Michael Gough as Alfred! It sickens me to say that and Sir Michael Caine is excellent but Michael Gough was Alfred, he was Prim and Proper, a true Gentleman!

Anyway back to the positives, this is a great film with an excellent storyline and a superb cast! With the likes of Christian Bale, Sir Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Katie Holmes, Gary Oldman and Liam Neeson, you just know this is going to be a great film!

The film itself is the beginning of Batman, as it suggests in the title, and it explores what made Bruce Wayne become this super hero/idol with the best belt in the World!!! With a couple of twists the film does keep you guessing for a while and then when all is revealed the film just continues to be extremely brilliant!!!

This film gets 5 stars from me because it truly is excellent and personally I thought Christian Bale's performance was amazing and I thought he should have got the James Bond role!!! So it really is worth buying and I would recommend it to anyone!

Todd Smith
Todd Smith
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 2.97

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Album, but not 'The Goat!', 14 May 2006
This review is from: Todd Smith (Audio CD)
This is an album to have in your collection, especially if you are a LL Cool J fan! As I say in the title this really is a great album, however I have to disagree with the statement of LL Cool J being the 'G.O.A.T' (greatest of all time) because quite simply Tupac, Nas and a couple of others are better! But don't get it twisted I am a LL Cool J fan and in fact i would recommend this album to anyone! Ultimately LL Cool J has now done 12 albums and he hasn't slumped, in fact he's upped his game on this album!

With tracks such as the massive 'Control Myself feat. J-Lo' you can entertain at a party or some lady friends to discuss pleasantries! Otherwise LL Cool J represents on tracks such as 'What you Want feat. Freeway,' which has to be my personal favourite, it's excellent, and 'Ooh Wee feat. Ginuwine' slowing it down to show off LL Cool J's romantic side like he did with classics like 'I need Love' and 'Love you Better,' yes some of the tracks on this album compete with some of the better stuff he has done! Finally I just want to mention 'Down the Aisle feat. 112' which is a great slow song and shows off the amazing voices of 112, which is a feature in this album...the great collaborations! LL Cool J still has the pulling power to get the likes of Ginuwine, 112, Freeway, Jermaine Dupri, Juelz Santana and of course J-Lo!

So to summarise this album...it has a lot to offer even if you're not the biggest LL Cool J fan and I would most definately recommend it! Out of all the albums I've bought this year, this is up there! So buy and enjoy it!

The Sound of Revenge
The Sound of Revenge

5.0 out of 5 stars Chamillionaire Representing!!!, 23 April 2006
This review is from: The Sound of Revenge (Audio CD)
Amazing! I absolutely love this album! If I may be honest, I heard Chamillionaire on one or two tracks and a freestyle called 'Body Rock' and then I just thought 'that's it I'm gonna buy his album' and I'm glad I did!!!

Chamillionaire changes it up in this album, he has some tracks with awesome beats like 'In the Trunk' and a couple for reflecting such as 'Rain feat. Scarface and Billy Cook' with each one having his own unique style! You can tell that this rapper is from the South so if that's a problem with you, it shouldn't stop you from buying this album because you would be missing out on a lot! Also his lyrics are sound, so he's not just a commericial rapper who sells because he's a pop idol, he can spit (rap)!

Everyone who borrowed this album laughed at me for buying the album at first because they had no real idea of who he was and quite simply they thought I was crazy for buying an album from someone who I don't really know that much! But I had the last laugh when each one of them went and bought a copy! Honestly this is an album to have in your collection and I would really recommend it to anyone! I had this in my car for about two weeks straight and it was perfect for the car!

My personal favourites on the CD have to be 'No Snitchin' with an appearance from Bun B, 'Ridin feat. Krayzie Bone,' 'In the Trunk,' 'Turn it Up feat. Lil Flip' and 'Rain.' This is not a one song album, all have something to offer!

So I guess there's nothing else to say...Buy this album because it is excellent and it has errrrthang (everything)!

Trill
Trill
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 17.84

5.0 out of 5 stars King of The Underground indeed, 18 Jan 2006
This review is from: Trill (Audio CD)
If I was to be absolutely honest I knew of Bun B a while ago but I forgot about him, up until I bought Young Jeezy's new album 'Let's Get It,' which has a song called 'Trap or Die' and I loved his vocals and the way he raps! I later heard him on Beyonce's 'Check on It' and I don't know exactly what it was but at that point I decided to buy his album because of his voice!!! I just thought 'The vocals are crazy,' they're really good!
I bought his album and realised my expectations of the album didn't go far enough, it's really good! The collaborations are crazy on this CD with artists such as Young Jeezy, the infamous Jay-Z, Ludacris and a fellow up and coming South Soldier Mike Jones and many more! You also get some amazing beats from Mannie Fresh and the ever present Jazzy Phizzle! Trust me this is an excellent album. If it's lyrics, vocals and beats you want then this is an album for you. This is a complete album and I would definately recommend this album to anyone!!!

Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101
Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101

5.0 out of 5 stars Album of 2005 for me!, 14 Jan 2006
I know what you may be thinking when you hear or read something that says album of the year, I don't believe the hype or quite simply you may be skeptical, but this is no joke! I absolutely love this album, i play this album in my car constantly.
I have to admit when I first heard his voice I wasn't sure about him, but i grew to love it!!! So in a way I warn you his voice can be an acquired taste (that has tended to be true for a little while then everyone that I know have come around)! Please don't be discouraged by this it is a great album. It has everything you want in an album; beats for a club, lyrics with meaning and originality.
Finally I'd like to say that Soul Survivor is my absolute favourite song, which sees Akon 'sittin on the track,' however other favourites have gotta be: Standing Ovation, Then What, Last of a Dying Breed (which has got Young Buck, Trick Daddy and superb vocals of Lil' Will!), Bang and Trap Star! Quite Simply I LOVE this album and I would recommend him to anyone!!!

Coach Carter [DVD]
Coach Carter [DVD]
Dvd ~ Samuel L. Jackson
Offered by DVD Overstocks
Price: 3.40

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth every penny!, 13 Jan 2006
This review is from: Coach Carter [DVD] (DVD)
Great film!!! This is an amazing film, with an immense performance from the legend himself Samuel L Jackson! If u aren't a basketball fan, it doesn't matter although if I was totally honest it may help, it's a brilliant film!

When I bought this film I could not stop watching it! If I was to be totally honest there are a couple of cheesey bits where you may be thinking that's just cheap but none the less it doesn't spoil the film! If you like hip hop it may even be worth getting the soundtrack because of the calibre of it, with songs such as 'Untouchable' by DMX representing. The actors in this film all have basketball skills and two of them can actually properly dunk the ball. This film does not have those shots where a player will takes a shot and you see the ball leave the hand and then the next thing you see is the ball going through the net, the players, in a way, are real! And to be honest I wish I was as good as the actors are.

I think this film is 'Worth every Penny' so there's nothing else to say except, buy it and enjoy it!!!

Amerikaz Nightmare: Parental Advisory
Amerikaz Nightmare: Parental Advisory
Offered by Discount CDs
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars How an Album should be!, 13 Jan 2006
My God, what an excellent album! I absolutely love this album! This is the all round package when it comes to alums. The beats are crazy and the lyrics, as in Mobb Deep fashion, are immense and they lyrics work to the beat; there are no signs of disjointedness on this cd!
I love the whole album but my two favourite songs which for me stand out the most are; 'Got it Twisted' and 'Dump,' which features the ever present and amazing vocals from Nate Dogg. You also get to hear the, in my eyes, great voice and skills of Jadakiss and there is an appearance from Twista on the remix of 'Got it Twisted.' With no disrespect to the artists that did the collaborations, they, in a sense, weren't needed because of the immence vocals and lyrics from Havoc and Prodigy!
I love everything on this album and I don't see why others would disagree with me! I would strongly recommend you buying this album!

Jackie Brown - 2 Disc Collector's Edition [DVD] [1998]
Jackie Brown - 2 Disc Collector's Edition [DVD] [1998]
Dvd ~ Pam Grier
Offered by DVDBayFBA
Price: 4.02

2.0 out of 5 stars Good idea Bad execution, 13 Jan 2006
I do apologise but I'm not the biggest Taratino fan, his films all follow the same structure. People say that the best directors or producers of films and music can mix it up a little, Tarantino doesn't; you can always tell if there has been an influence from him such as 'sin city' when you see about 10 gallons of blood just gushing out.
The reason why I've given this film a two star rating is that the idea of it is very good, however I just believe that it was poorly executed. Also I do apologise but I was trying my best to like this film mainly because of the cast, which is an 'all star cast' such as the likes of Samuel L Jackson (legend), Chris Tucker (legend in comedy), Robert De Niro and more.
When watchin this film I felt that the overall consensus would be that either it is good, terrible or a total indifference to the film and I'm the latter. Really nothing special but you would want it to be. I would maybe recommend renting it first then seeing what you think.

Page: 1 | 2