Profile for linda kellett > Reviews

Little Ern: The authorised biography of Ernie Wise
by Robert Sellers
Price: 16.80

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for Morecambe & Wise fans, 28 Dec 2012
Although not a particular fan myself I bought this book for my mother who knew Ernie as a child. However, I read the book myself and thoroughly enjoyed it. Ernie was mostly overshadowed by Eric but it was Ernie who was the child star long before Eric. My mother can remember him clog dancing in the local clubs with his father who worked on the railway. Eric & Ernie were made for each other and remained lifelong friends - a lovely book.

On Writing
On Writing
by Stephen King

4.0 out of 5 stars Stephen King - On Writing, 28 Dec 2012
This review is from: On Writing (Hardcover)
The main theme for me that came out of this book was to go with your feelings and don't get too tied up in Creative Writing classes or technicalities. It was quite humorous in parts. Stephen King takes you through his life journey of how he got started from High School to the present.

The John Lennon Letters: Edited and with an Introduction by Hunter Davies
The John Lennon Letters: Edited and with an Introduction by Hunter Davies
by John Lennon
Price: 10.00

5.0 out of 5 stars The John Lennon Letters - a brilliant book!, 28 Dec 2012
From seeing his first handwritten school magazine to letters to fans, postcards to friends/family and even shopping and to do lists for staff I felt that I got to know John lennon through this book. In chronological order throughout his life with drawings and photographs once I started reading this book I couldn't put it down (and it's a thick book). Fabulous!