Profile for Mr. Overend > Reviews

Content by Mr. Overend

Mr. Overend (UK)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best value monitors on the market!!, 3 Feb 2012
This Dell U2312HM monitor is great value for money. This monitor uses an E-IPS 1080p display which has richer colours and great over all image quality. I upgraded from a 22inch TN panel and I will never go back to TN Screens after using this monitor. IPS monitors usually have slow response times but the reason I choose this monitor is because of the positive reviews which stated that this monitor had impressively low input lag. After playing games like COD Black OPS and Counter Strike I believe this to be true.

The image quality is amazing for the price, when I first turned it on my jaw dropped and was amazed at the high quality colour reproduction of this monitor. Though with some calibrating I was able to improve the IQ even more.

The custom settings I used which are suggested off TFT Central were: Red 92, Green 88, Blue 98, Brightness 20 and Contrast 75. The stand for this monitor is very well made and feels very sturdy on my desk, the stand has tilt, swivel, pivot and height adjustment. Also the on screen display is very easy to navigate and quite responsive.

I highly recommend this to anyone in the market for a 22/23inch full HD monitor whether it's for gaming, movies or especially to people who do a lot of Photo editing and don't want to fork out 600 or more on an expensive high end iPS monitor.

Best value monitor on the market today, take my word for it and you will not be disappointed.

Pros:
Great Value
High Quality colour reproduction
Good ergonomic stand
low power consumption

Cons:
Screen very bright out of the box
No HDMI

Kingston SSD V100 64GB SATA2 2.5inch Notebook bundle
Kingston SSD V100 64GB SATA2 2.5inch Notebook bundle

5.0 out of 5 stars Kingston 64GB SSD Notebook Kit., 19 Nov 2011
Got this SSD to replace my 250GB HDD in my Samsung R610 laptop, have noticed a good speed increase since I installed it. Boot times are better and loading of applications seem a lot smoother... this is my first SSD purchase so I am new to the SSD scene. The kit comes with a external 2.5 inch enclosure for an easy upgrade but I just used it for my 250GB drive which I have it for external storage. I did a clean install of windows vista as I don't have win 7 on my laptop which is a bad thing since I heard SSD's work better on Windows 7 and I have about 30GB left after I install other applications like Anti virus etc.

All round this Kingston SSD kit is a good upgrade and well worth the money especially if you have windows 7 installed on your laptop. I wasn't willing to splash money on an SSD as I thought they where expensive compared to regular HDD's but once you try it you will never look back. I am already considering buying another SSD for my Win7 desktop gaming rig. I was going to go with other brands like OCZ but I hear a lot of people having problems so I went with Kingston as I have used many of their memory kits and never had any bother with them.

Cables 4 ALL 2m TV Aerial Lead M-F Male to Female Gold Plated / Fully Screened High Quality Cable
Offered by Cables 4 ALL
Price: 2.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says, 28 May 2010
I was looking for a digital indoor aerial for the bedroom and thought I would give this one a go baised on positive reviews on amazon. I wasn't dissapointed, in 5 mins I received over 80 channels... great product for the price. Make sure to place the aerial at a nearest window for the best results.

Lucky Star Manga Volume 2 (Lucky Star (Bandai))
Lucky Star Manga Volume 2 (Lucky Star (Bandai))
by Kagami Yoshimizu

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as good as the anime, 10 Jan 2010
I am a fan of the lucky star series and have watched the anime series many times. I have to say this manga version of lucky star is good but not great. I feel that this manga version is more for a casual read than most mangas like Shonen Jump titles or tokyo pop. I recommend you buy these books if you enjoyed the anime like I did but if you didnt like the anime then you wont like the manga.

Paniponi Dash Vol.2 [2005] [DVD]
Paniponi Dash Vol.2 [2005] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Akiyuki Shinbo
Offered by HarriBella.UK.Ltd
Price: 7.04

4.0 out of 5 stars A good laugh, 10 Jan 2010
If you are looking to a fun carefree anime to lighten your mood then I recommend Pani Poni Dash. This series doesnt really follow a main story but is very funny with many comedy routines and worth buying for a good laugh.

Negima volume 4: v. 4
Negima volume 4: v. 4
by Ken Akamatsu

5.0 out of 5 stars A pleasure to read!, 25 Aug 2009
This review is from: Negima volume 4: v. 4 (Paperback)
In Negima Vol 4, Negi and his class go on a field trip to Kyoto Japan to study the history of japan but Negi real reason of the Trip is to find out about his father. This volume has is the 1st part of the school trip which expands over to vol 5 and 6 as well. I very much enjoy reading this book and it introduces a few new charcters along the way. If you have read the previous volumes then I highly recommend volume 4.