Profile for Catherine walker > Reviews

Catherine walker (Nuneaton)

A Sky Full of Stars
A Sky Full of Stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff, 20 May 2014
This review is from: A Sky Full of Stars (MP3 Download)
Had this album since sunday and have had plenty of chances to listen to it (plus watched live performance last night). Yes i am a die hard fan but a music fan first. I am not up for saying i like it just because. This album is a grower but has some really strong tracks and not just the singles. It doesn't feel like soul bearing heart break but the lyrics are touching. Interesting stuff with the track arrangements and some nice use of some different sounds. On the whole, yup its really good.

Bon Iver, Bon Iver
Bon Iver, Bon Iver

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 18 Aug. 2011
This review is from: Bon Iver, Bon Iver (Audio CD)
I loved the first album so much that I've actually worn it out, so when a new Bon Iver album was announced I was a little nervous. Would I love it as much or would I be disapointed. I think I love this album a little bit more right now. Every time I hear Hollocene on the radio (thank you Fearn and Greg ala Radio 1), I get goosebumps. Incredibly at the moment the whole album seems to be having the same effect.
We seem to be blessed with some great new albums at the moment, add this one to your shopping list you won't be disapointed.

Alphabet Of Hurricanes
Alphabet Of Hurricanes
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love It......., 20 Feb. 2010
This review is from: Alphabet Of Hurricanes (Audio CD)
Having been a fan of Tom Mcrae since pretty much day one - its safe to say I may be a little biased but I am able to be objective - really....
I received my copy of the new album this morning and have listened to it over and over quite a few times now. I would say that the stand out tracks are Please (no great suprise there as it is a single release), Out of the Walls, Summer of John Wayne and Can't Find You. But being honest I couldn't really pick a poor track. This album is more varied than Toms' others and shows a greater range of his song writing abilities. It even has some more upbeat sounding tracks !!!
Heres hoping that a few more people will hear this album than his others, its really time that Tom Mcrae took over the world !!!!!