Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Bristol, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
MILITARY DOG TAGS - Set of 2 personalised army style dog ID tags with ball chains & silencers READ DESCRIPTION TO SEE HOW TO ADD PERSONALISATION
Offered by Armydogtags

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 25 Jan. 2013
First off, I would recommend that people order these using the seller's own website like I did. It makes the process of personalisation far simpler and also offers you a preview of what your completed dog tags will look like. The price is exactly the same as it is here.

As for the tags themselves, they're excellent! They arrived quickly despite the recent snow we've been having. They're of good quality and the embossing is very clear. I'm tempted to order a few more and my Wife would like some too!

Ignore the reviewer claiming that they are made of plastic... they are most certainly not. They are made of lightweight but strong metal, as you would expect for something a professional soldier would have to wear 24/7. Perhaps the reviewer was expecting to be wearing a couple of ingots around his neck? Who knows.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 28, 2013 11:38 AM GMT

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought this because I have a 3 month trip to Ecuador coming up soon which will involve a lot of travel and hiking. By the photo alone I did wonder if it would be big enough to hold all my gear. However, it is more than big enough! The pack appears well made and has a number of useful features such as compression straps, space to attach walking poles, and a built-in rain cover. It is also compatible with hydration bladders though I won't be making use of that myself.

I doubt I could have done better for the price.

SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE 2 ALL-WEATHER GEAR SOFT CARRY CASE WITH ARMBAND BY CELLAPOD CASES BLACK

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job perfectly, 22 Jan. 2013
The case is a perfect fit for my phone and the double waterproof seal ensures that no moisture at all can get inside. The armband is very useful as I attach it to my arm when I go running and to the strap of my backpack when I go hiking. This version also has a clear window in the back so that the camera and light can still be used without taking your phone out of the case. Very handy!

Black Metal Aviator Sunglasses, Free Drawstring Pouch, Black Lenses, Unisex
Black Metal Aviator Sunglasses, Free Drawstring Pouch, Black Lenses, Unisex
Offered by EYEWEAR WORLD

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom Cruise, eat your heart out!, 22 Jan. 2013
I'm off to Ecuador for three months soon and need a pair of cheap sunglasses to take with me. Just for a crack I bought these as I've always fancied a pair of aviators. Unlike with some previous reviewers, they arrived in a cardboard sleeve rather than a padded envelope so were well protected in transit. Admittedly I thought they might look a bit tacky, but they don't... they look the bee's knees! They're comfortable to wear and required only a tiny bit of bending to fit perfectly. Well worth the price, in my opinion.

It's worth noting that the lenses aren't plain black, they are slightly mirrored. Not perfect silver like some aviators, but mirrored enough to hide your eyes and for people to be able to admire themselves in them.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, does the job., 22 Jan. 2013
I run regularly to keep myself in shape and bought these to replace my tired old rugby shorts. They're extremely comfortable and the material helps to keep me cooler than my old shorts did. The zipped pockets are a welcome addition too.

For reference, I'm a 32" waist and the medium size of these shorts are a nice snug fit without the need to use the drawstring.

SanDisk 32 GB MicroSDHC Memory Card - Frustration-Free Packaging (Label May Change)

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 22 Jan. 2013
I bought this for my smart phone and it works like a charm. Now I have more storage than I'll ever actually need!

SALOMON Scrambler FG TS Men's Winter Boots
SALOMON Scrambler FG TS Men's Winter Boots

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic pair of boots!, 27 July 2012
Although advertised as Winter boots, I bought these for use all year round. After all, it's not exactly unusual for British Summers to be cold, wet and miserable!

They are by far the best boots I've owned. The size is perfect and they were extremely comfortable straight out of the box. They saw their first use the day after arriving and I was impressed. Not a single sore area anywhere, let alone blisters. They've been used at least once a week since then on walks of between 8-15 miles, and if anything they're only getting more comfortable. The ankle support is excellent and the grip is good too, even on wet mud. They are also most definitely waterproof as I've been up to my ankles in both water and mud while wearing them, and not a single drop has gotten through. They appear to be very well made so I guessing they will last me quite some time, even though I use them regularly.

I think these boots are easily worth the RRP of £80, so anything less than that is a bargain!

Craghoppers Classic Kiwi Mens Walking Trousers -Black, 34 inches, Long
Craghoppers Classic Kiwi Mens Walking Trousers -Black, 34 inches, Long

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 27 July 2012
These trousers are an excellent bit of kit. I went for the long leg length as I'm 6'3" and they fit perfectly. They're very comfortable to wear, nice and cool when you get hot, dry very quickly and are easy to clean. The zipped pockets are nice and the leg pocket is perfect for a map or even a Kindle. The mobile phone pocket is also rather handy. Well worth buying if you want to walk in comfort.

My only tiny concern is the belt as it has a plastic clip style buckle. It's been fine so far, but I do wonder how long the buckle will last, particularly as I hang my camera bag from my belt. Still, it's not a deal-breaker by any means as belts are cheap!

Pacsafe RetractaSafe 100 Secure Retractable Cable Lock Smoke
Pacsafe RetractaSafe 100 Secure Retractable Cable Lock Smoke
Offered by Shalimar Germany

3.0 out of 5 stars Useful, though not exactly what I was after., 27 July 2012
This little device is excellent for it's stated primary purpose, which is to prevent bag snatching. It's pocket-sized so can be carried with you easily, and is very easy to operate. It appears to be pretty tough so should resist attempts at grabbing your belongings, but only if you are in attendance to scare the thief away quickly.

Unfortunately, I bought this to secure my motorbike jacket to my bike while away hiking. Most of the places I go are pretty remote and this device would probably be enough to stop an opportunist. However, I have serious doubts that it would stop a determined thief, particularly one with even basic tools. A hacksaw blade or pair of wire cutters would make short work of the cable.

7dayshop AA Ni-Mh High Performance Rechargeable Batteries 2900mAh: 16 Pack "4x4"
Offered by 7dayshop Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic value!, 27 July 2012
16 rechargeable batteries for this price is excellent value for money. I bought them for my camera which uses 4 AA batteries and the performance has been excellent so far. Grab them while you can!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3