Profile for Andy > Reviews

Andy

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 7: Framework

5.0 out of 5 stars Space Opera, 26 July 2015
I found the Spinward Fringe, growing on me like an old friend coming back after a long break. I don't have to read it everyday, but feel compelled to dive into the universe to see how all the principle characters are getting on.

The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda Book 1)
The Second Ship (The Rho Agenda Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A fair yarn, 21 July 2015
A simple tail, but enjoyable none the less, I have read enough to entice me into the next book in the series.

Keep Calm T-shirt (unisex) (XL, Black)
Keep Calm T-shirt (unisex) (XL, Black)
Offered by Sign Making and Supplies

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 May 2015
Keep Calm and Palmerston

Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments
Spinward Fringe Broadcast 6: Fragments

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm caught up in this world, and will see it to the end., 24 Jan. 2015
This is a good read, I like the characters and the plot. I think what is cool is that you want to read the next book in the series.

The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage into the Curious World of Predicting the Future
The Psychic Tourist: A Voyage into the Curious World of Predicting the Future

4.0 out of 5 stars I didn't see that comming, 10 May 2014
This was an interesting journey, tackling the psychic problem from several different angles. I think what I liked the most though was the characters met along this journey.

Minecraft For Dummies
Minecraft For Dummies

4.0 out of 5 stars ok but I'm not a mindcraft dummy, 4 April 2014
I found this a useful to fill some of the gaps, in my mindcraft knowledge, would have been good to have actual reference section rather than referring to and online PDF file.

The Martian
The Martian

5.0 out of 5 stars loved the intensity, reminded me of the Apollo 13, scenario. whole world routing for them, 9 Sept. 2013
This review is from: The Martian (Kindle Edition)
This reminded me of what I felt when Apollo 13 was going Pete tong, the level of detail here in describing the systems made it feel all very real. Excellent read.

Famous Quotes From Shakespeare
Famous Quotes From Shakespeare

4.0 out of 5 stars Helps me get to the Shakespeare I want., 20 Jun. 2013
Very useful tool to assist me with my research. Acts like a Rossetta stone for Shakespeare. That quote, where did it come from? This is the book that tells you.

Plot Summaries of Shakespeare's Plays: 35 Plays Summarized
Plot Summaries of Shakespeare's Plays: 35 Plays Summarized

4.0 out of 5 stars Good research material, 20 Jun. 2013
I am researching a new concept album, and this book has enabled to conduct additional research which I don't really have time to do.

Five Days that Shocked the World - Eye Witness Accounts of the Final Days of World War II (General Military)

5.0 out of 5 stars Compelling., 23 Aug. 2012
This was a very compelling book of "can't put down" status. The narrative tells the story of the end of ww2 through the eyes of those who witnessed it. For me it illustrated that however we dress great conflicts p, there are always human beings that, cause, change and are effected by the pointlessness of war.