Profile for Mr. James W. Coles > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Ashes & Roses
Ashes & Roses

5.0 out of 5 stars songs from the heart, 17 Nov 2014
This review is from: Ashes & Roses (Audio CD)
As always a brilliant album of songs penned by MCC. We can all relate to the words that feature. If you have never listened to MCC I strongly suggest this is where to start. This is not background music, give it your attention and listen to the lyrics there is a message there for most of us.

Hidden Currents by Rowena Summers
Hidden Currents by Rowena Summers
by Rowena Summers

4.0 out of 5 stars I name this ship, 17 Nov 2014
Historical novel based in Bristol. Enjoable read with clever twists to the main story. Well written with historical accuracy and stark highlights of the class differences at the time.

Washable Bed Protector/Pad with Tucks - Pack of 2
Washable Bed Protector/Pad with Tucks - Pack of 2
Offered by ShellmarkTextiles

4.0 out of 5 stars got it covered, 20 Oct 2014
Purchased for elderly couple and thus far they are very satisfied with this purchase. The extending wings that tuck in are absolutely essential to prevent the waterproof sheet from slipping when in use. No further comments at this time.

Winds Of Fortune
Winds Of Fortune
by E. V. Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Stand and deliver, 20 Oct 2014
This review is from: Winds Of Fortune (Paperback)
Exciting story based in Cornwall where I live so added interest for me. Read this to realise how hard life was in this period and how harsh the treatment was for crime. A book you will probably read at least twice.

Stormswift
Stormswift
by Madeline Brent

5.0 out of 5 stars Gripping yarn, 9 Oct 2014
This review is from: Stormswift (Hardcover)
Facinating story that I first read in condensed form. From the hardships of Afganistan to touring in England with a travelling Punch and Judy show for the main female character. I have yet to read the full version and this is something I look forward to during the long winter evenings. You won't want to watch TV once you have started on this book, see if I'm right!

NEW 29" OSCILLATING STANDING TOWER FAN COOLING HOME OFFICE PEDESTAL STAND
NEW 29" OSCILLATING STANDING TOWER FAN COOLING HOME OFFICE PEDESTAL STAND

4.0 out of 5 stars Cool it man!, 9 Oct 2014
Purchased by me for elderly couple who found the summer of 2014 hard work being confined at home. They are pleased with the purchase and that it is reasonably quiet and does not take up much room.

Golden Urchin (Madeleine Brent)
Golden Urchin (Madeleine Brent)
by Madeleine Brent

5.0 out of 5 stars Wild thing to Lady, 9 Oct 2014
Great story with many exciting parts plus a touch of romance. This is a book you won't want to put down as the author keeps the pace going. Starting in the Australian outback, then to Europe, London and finally the Skeleton coast of South Africa. This is a story I will definately read again . .

Blue Dress Girl  BCA Edition
Blue Dress Girl BCA Edition
by E. V. Thompson

4.0 out of 5 stars Exciting action story with a touch of romance, 1 Sep 2014
I'm a fan of this author and thoughourly enjoyed this story. I often feel the urge to read it all again once I have finished so that I better understand the finer points, this is that type of book for me. Plenty of blood and guts and a sharp reminder that we have not progressed much in 160 years as regards world conflicts. Great read and the urge to read one more page is always there.

The Oxford Christening Bible (Authorized King James Version): Oxford Christening Bible (Authorised King James Version) (Bible Akjv)

4.0 out of 5 stars First book, 1 Sep 2014
Cannot comment as this was a gift for a newborn. Impressed with finish and presentation packaging

Primmy's Daughter
Primmy's Daughter
by Rowena Summers

4.0 out of 5 stars More of the white stuff, 1 Sep 2014
This review is from: Primmy's Daughter (Hardcover)
Great story with many interesting characters. One of a series by this author and written in a way that it is not vital that they are read in any particular order, although I personally would prefere to start with the first book. As I live in Cornwall I found added interest in the story. One small flaw, I assume the two females shown on the front cover are the main characters who were described as having blue eyes and jet black hair a feature of the Tremayne family?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5