Profile for Harry > Reviews

Content by Harry

Harry "Techmedia Fusion" (Durham)

Living Off YouTube: A Complete Guide to Turning Your YouTube Channel into a Full-Time Job

5.0 out of 5 stars An Outstanding Self Help Guide To YouTube, 16 Jun. 2014
Over the years I have purchased so many self help books, all of which aimed at YouTube, Blogging or Web Design. I only wish that this particular self help book "Living Off YouTube" was available a few years ago, it might have saved me quite a bit of money and certainly time. For anyone looking to make a living from YouTube or simply start making videos whilst earning a bit of money on the side, this is the only self help YouTube book you are going to need. All you need to know is in this book. The author doesn't sugar coat the experience either, highlighting the hardships that may lay ahead along with the potential incredible rewards available to those who follow the instruction.

This is without an exceptional bit of literature that will undoubtedly help you get the most from your YouTube experience. A must have book in any entrepreneur's library of the digital age.

ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
ProBlogger: Secrets for Blogging Your Way to a Six-Figure Income
by Darren Rowse

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Pro Blogger, 1 May 2012
I don't want to get into info about me too much, however I think it will help you understand how much this book has meant to me. I joined the British Army aged 16 after 13 years service I sustained a serious spinal injury whilst on Operational Tour. Basically my life feel apart for lots of reason and my disability was a big factor. Due to pretty much being house bound I discovered computers and tech, done a few course and then the blogging scene hit hard. For me this was my windows to the world, my life line so to speak. I started to learn things about blogging and social networking but wanted to learn more.

That is when I bought Pro Blogger. Expecting it just to be another tech book, I couldn't have been more wrong, for me this book has been such an instrumental part in my recovery to socialising and getting my life back on track it is unreal. I know this sounds pretty corny, however it is very much reality. I bought this edition of Pro Blogger and about 6 months ago the updated 3rd Edition came out, which I also bought. My own personal web site Techmedia Fusion is pretty much thanks to Pro Blogger and the authors.

I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone looking to start a web site as a community building tool or as a business, such valuable information.

Professional WordPress
Professional WordPress

5.0 out of 5 stars From SquareSpace to Wordpress, 24 Mar. 2012
I found this book incredibly helpful to me. The first site I ever built was through SquareSpace, who run a fantastic service and make it very easy for newbies to build a very professional looking site. However for someone who couldn't code very well, there was not a lot of tweeking I could do, so I decided to give Wordpress ago. I had heard a lot of excellent things about Wordpress but when I actually started with it I found myself getting lost very quickly.

So I had a look on Amazon for a Wordpress book and found this one, quite expensive, however if I got the results I was looking for it would be a small price to play. I read the book from front to back in about 3 days and when I came back to actually building my site everything was so much more clear. I obviously still referenced the book during certain periods of the building process and still now that the site is up and running and has been for the past 10 weeks, I still look at the book. So for me it turned out to be very well spent money. My site Techmedia Fusion has gone from strength to strength and I feel it has a lot to do with this book. I would certainly recommend buying the book.

Harry

The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization (Theory in Practice)
The Art of SEO: Mastering Search Engine Optimization (Theory in Practice)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Tool to have in your Arsenal, 17 Feb. 2012
I have just recently started my own web site and really wanted to take it seriously. I was in the British Army and sustained a serious spinal injury, so due to obvious limitations, providing for my family has taken its form through my web site. As a result I have purchased quite a lot of books on SEO, Social Media Marketing etc, anything that will help optimise my web site to gain the best results possible. Without a doubt, "The Art of SEO" has been the best book by quite a distance.

This book is incredibly well laid out, fluid in its delivery and not having you jump all over the place, learning about something you will not understand until later in the book. I would go so far as to say that anyone interested in gaining serious results for their online venture, most certainly should have this book to hand at all times, be it conventional or digital. I have the book installed on my iPhone, Kindle and iPad and never without it. At the beginning I did find it a bit difficult and thought that I was not going to grasp the concepts, however I sincerely think this was more to do with my own personal intelectual capacity or lack of it.

This book is not for people just purely wanting to make money from a web site, YouTude Channel or social networking site. With "The Art of SEO", you will learn what I feel in much more important than money and that is gaining and keeping a community and thus receiving a steady stream of consistant reliable traffic. Pointing traffic to a site is not difficult, however turning that traffic into a loyal community is slightly more taxing but very much more rewarding and this is what "The Art of SEO", guides you to. My site Techmedia Fusion has only been live for five weeks and as a direct result of implementing instructions from "The Art of SEO", I have already noticed a vast difference in traffic and community build up on my site.

Social Media Marketing For Dummies<sup>®</sup>
Social Media Marketing For Dummies®

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Dummies Review, 21 Jan. 2012
After building my web site, I really needed to know, how best to market the site and although not a business as such, still something that needs marketing in order to receive traffic. I have purchased quite a few books on this topic and found Social Media Marketing for Dummies a very in depth read, covering a vast array of social networking strategies. I would most certainly recommend this book to anyone looking to gain a little bit of success online. I think in this day and age we are all trying to stake a claim on a little bit of the internet, when that initial idea takes off and expands you are going to want more and more people to find you and read whatever it is you want to say. Social Media Marketing for Dummies will certainly help you in that quest.

Hornes Down Under
Hornes Down Under

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Read, 12 Nov. 2010
This review is from: Hornes Down Under (Kindle Edition)
My wife purchased this book "Hornes Down Under", for me last Christmas, however when I discovered that it was also available for the iPad Kindle, I just had to buy the book twice. That in itself should tell you what I thought of this book.

Tony Horne is a radio presenter, here in the North East and in my opinion the best of his genre in the country. I ordinarily don't read travel related books, however this is a must read book. This is not your typical boring travel book, highlighting interesting sights and relaying someone else's accounts. The book is incredibly articulately written and full of the ups and downs of the Horne family. I think what makes "Hornes Down Under", such a must read book, is that practically everyone will be able to relate to many of the adventures.

We are all or have been part of a family and so many of the stories in the book will make you laugh, relating probably to many incidents familiar to your family travels. It is almost as if, when you are reading this book, the Horne family have very kindly invited you along with them, to share in the many highs and lows of this once in a lifetime holiday.

There really are no excuses for not buying this book, especially given the terribly low price placed on the ebook version, for a book of this quality i personally think it should be higher priced. However that again is a reflection on the type of man Tony Horne really is. This would make an excellent Christmas gift for anyone.

Harry