Profile for Mrs. Karen E. Field > Reviews

Content by Mrs. Karen E. ...

Mrs. Karen E. Field (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
John Denver
John Denver

5.0 out of 5 stars I like John Denver, 17 April 2013
This review is from: John Denver (Audio CD)
I bought this as a present. Havn't listened to the CD myself as my husband has it in his car. I bought it on a whim from a recent televison commercial (think it was for Talk Talk) as I like John Denver and I started singing along to the commercial when it come on the television, maybe one day I will get to take it out of my husbands car and listen to it in the house.

Fast, Fun and Easy Book Cover Art (Fast, Fun & Easy)
Fast, Fun and Easy Book Cover Art (Fast, Fun & Easy)
by Jake Finch

5.0 out of 5 stars Very inspirational, 23 Mar. 2013
Lots of good writen instructions, with lots of pictures. I havn't made anything yet so not sure how easy one will be to make or how clear the instructions are. But it has inspired me and has given me lots of other ideas. It is an American book so some of the equipment that is mentioned might not be available here, but there are alternatives. If you are a crafter anyway you will find something that will work.

50 White Organza bags small 7 x 9 cm
50 White Organza bags small 7 x 9 cm
Offered by Thewin(from HK)

3.0 out of 5 stars Not all bag string were right, 23 Mar. 2013
The bags (material) were of good quality, but some of the ribbon was not put through the chanel properly. As you pull the knotted end of the ribbon, the ribbon are meant to tighten the top of the pouch, in this case they didn't, you had to pull the other ends. I have only used approx 10 so far and out of the 10 - 3 were on strung properly.

Super Cute Felt
Super Cute Felt
by Laura Howard

5.0 out of 5 stars Great very colourful, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Super Cute Felt (Paperback)
This book is great, lots of colour easy to follow drawn diagram instructions. Some of the templates at the back are not full size. If you were to make one or two items and give away to friends it would put a smile on their faces as I know it makes me smile when I pick this book up and look through it. Havn't got round to making anything yet but hope to soon.

Super-cute Pincushions
Super-cute Pincushions
by Kate Haxell

5.0 out of 5 stars Fabulous, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Super-cute Pincushions (Paperback)
Very pleased with my purchase, lots of lovely ideas, when you flick through the book you think yea thats looks easy why didn't I think of that. Full size patterns easy to follow instructions very detailed. Well done to Kate for making the book. There are a couple of pin cushions that I don't think I would get round to making but all in all a very good book. As long as you have a few scraps of material of felt lying about you could make one as soon as you received the book.

From Felt to Fabulous
From Felt to Fabulous
by Kimberly Layton

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and easy, 2 Oct. 2012
This review is from: From Felt to Fabulous (Paperback)
This book is American, all the sizes are in inches, I havn't made anything yet. Easy to follow instructions, most of the instructions are witten (without pictures) or some have small diagrams. There is full size patterns at the back of the book, with lots of general instructions and two pages with embroidery stitches. It is a booklet (40 pages) but has a lot of items to make including some for the christmas tree. I don't think that any of the items would take long to make,I do like it and hope to get round to making or adapting my own ideas from it soon. I'd had it in my 'saved for later' for ages could'nt make up my mind wether to buy or not I am glad I have.

Traditional Chinese Designs Iron-on Transfer Patterns (Dover Needlework)
Traditional Chinese Designs Iron-on Transfer Patterns (Dover Needlework)
by Barbara Christopher

4.0 out of 5 stars Standard transfer pattern book, 16 Feb. 2012
Lots and lots of transfer patterns. A few colour photographs, at the front and back of the book are some instructions on embroidery stitches and colours you can use for some of the patterns.

The Beaded Home: 25 Stunning Accessories for Every Room
The Beaded Home: 25 Stunning Accessories for Every Room
by Catherine Woram

4.0 out of 5 stars I like beads, 16 Feb. 2012
I like the book but don't think I would make anything from it, but it has given me ideas on how to us my collection of beads. A good book with lots of clear diagrams, and lots of close up photos. It is a book that I will keep so I can gain inspiration from and if I forget how something is finished I can refer back to the book.

Stitched Postcards
Stitched Postcards
by Christa Rolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Informative & Inspirational, 16 Feb. 2012
This review is from: Stitched Postcards (Paperback)
I gained lots of inspiration from looking in the book, the finished postcards were inspiring,and got me started on having a go with my sewing machine. The written instructions are clear, it would have been nice if there were stage by stage picture insturctions. Lots of good tips, on the whole I'm glad I purchased this book.

Angels: A Knitter's Dozen
Angels: A Knitter's Dozen
by Gerdine Strong

3.0 out of 5 stars Not so easy, 12 Nov. 2010
Upon opening the book and flicking through quickly I thought I want to start straight away, the angels look really pretty. Reading the instructions on how to knit one of the angels it wasn't very clear instructions, also the abreviations and pictures are not easy to follow. Saying all of that in truth I have not started to knit one yet so as I start knitting it might become easier. I would saw this book is for an experienced knitter. All the angels are knitted with crochet cotton and four double ended needles OK if you like knitting on thin needles and with very fine wool.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3