Profile for Sheds In A Box > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14
Behringer VT911 Vintage Tube Overdrive
Behringer VT911 Vintage Tube Overdrive

5.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 15 April 2015
I have longed to try this pedal for some time now, I have several Behringer pedals for guitar and bass and also mixers for recording with too. This product didn't disappoint at all.

I used to have an Electro Harmonics Big Muff Pi in my youth, yes I know, there was a flood about that time too, but this pedal is somewhere between that pedal and my Marshall Guv Nor, it also has similarities with my Black Star HT Dual, but that's in a class of its own.

I tried the pedal first with a Mexican Fender Strat with standard pickups, it sounded pretty full and rich through a VOX AD30VT on the Marshall 1959 setting, the modern Marshall DSL setting didn't sound too good but it never does.

Then I tried a Fender reissue 1957 Strat (sonic blue if you're interested) and it sounded amazing!

Finally a Harley Benton Les Paul with Gibson Dirty Fingers in the bridge, Burstbucker 3 in neck..... "GOOD GRIEF!" It really came into its own! At most settings it was rich in colour and overdrive, it took off with the gain at 2 o'clock onward and the volume above 12 o'clock. Keep the tone at between 10 and 2 o'clock to reduce hiss.

From 3 o'clock and up with volume and gain, you are into the realms of thrash or if you have a penchant for Fripp or Hackett is is easily able to give that "touch sensitive" feel.

Overall, an amazing little bit of trickery, how they do it for the money is a mystery but do it they do in spades.

The Bugera 12AX7b tube, well, why change it? I put four of these babies in my Laney Protube 50MV and transformed it to a much more manageable beast, it had Ruby tubes before that and EH ECC83VH prior, now it has Boogie through to Fender Blues Deville to Marshall 1959 characteristics. Thanks be to MAJ Electrics in Kings Winford.

Buy one of these, buy two of these, just get them before Behringer realise they are better than they thought and put the price up.

Shadows And Light/ Refuge Of The Road Box-Set [DVD] [2006]
Shadows And Light/ Refuge Of The Road Box-Set [DVD] [2006]
Dvd ~ Joni Mitchell

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!, 29 Jan. 2015
Joni Mitchell, she can do no wrong! ugh! Great!!!!!

10 Piece Professional Pet Clipper Grooming Kit
10 Piece Professional Pet Clipper Grooming Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
these are ok but can't cope Spaniel curls

Fillmore East, June 1971
Fillmore East, June 1971
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars had it on vinyl still good and so funny now and brilliant, 29 Jan. 2015
had it on vinyl

still good and so funny now
and brilliant musicianship

Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Wired-up HDMI to HDMI Gold Plated Connectors 1.8m Cable v1.3A
Offered by memorycapital

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
why pay more? Does the job AND is gold plated

Still Game - The Complete Series 1-6 Plus Christmas and Hogmanay Specials [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Paul Riley

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 29 Jan. 2015
one of the funniest series ever

LG 42LV355T 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD
LG 42LV355T 42-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED TV with Freeview HD

5.0 out of 5 stars it is still fantastic. I have not seen many TVs that come ..., 29 Jan. 2015
Bought this 3 years ago, it is still fantastic. I have not seen many TVs that come close to it unless they are "4 times" scan types.

Snakes And Arrows Live [DVD] [2008]
Snakes And Arrows Live [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Rush
Offered by jim-exselecky

5.0 out of 5 stars ... gig to see this tour and it still is fantastic to watch, 29 Jan. 2015
Was at the 2009 NEC gig to see this tour and it still is fantastic to watch. Geddy, Alex and The Professor never fail to stun

Andis MBG2 Pro-Pet Clippers
Andis MBG2 Pro-Pet Clippers
Offered by Easy Animal

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't care what the cost was with this, ..., 29 Jan. 2015
This review is from: Andis MBG2 Pro-Pet Clippers
I didn't care what the cost was with this, all I think of is every time I use it it saves me about £15 in petrol and £92 in clipping costs for my two Spaniels....

It is totally different to any other type of clipper, it never struggles with heavy knots or mats, it just sails through, and it is so quiet too.

I really wish I'd bought these three years before as I get the dogs cut about every 12 - 15 weeks usually.

Sekonda Model 3871.27 Gents Stainless Steel Chronograph Bracelet Watch
Sekonda Model 3871.27 Gents Stainless Steel Chronograph Bracelet Watch

3.0 out of 5 stars Was my favorite, 29 Jan. 2015
battery has been replaced twice in four years now.... but sadly the watch needs major work or replacing now. Was my favorite though

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-14