Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Dinah93" (Cleveland,UK)
(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Galt Toys Folding Trampoline
Price: 39.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as sturdy as I would like, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: Galt Toys Folding Trampoline (Toy)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I'll start by saying my 2 year old absolutely loves this, it's very bouncy and the perfect size for her as the handrail is about top of chest height on her. Her daddy and I however are not so thrilled. My husband is very handy, but it still took around an hour to construct. This may be because the instructions go into such detail as 'assemble frame' with no further instructions on which part goes where. I also think calling this a folding trampoline is a bit misleading, the legs fold but the handle does not, which is by far and away the most bulky part of the trampoline. Once assembled I have to say this isn't the sturdiest of items, and I'd be quite hesitant to let my daughter use it on a hard surface. There is quite a bit of movement in the legs when she bounces. I think for the quality this is it is quite an expensive asking price and I wouldn't be recommending.

Tefal GV8956 Pro Express Total Auto Control Steam Generator
Tefal GV8956 Pro Express Total Auto Control Steam Generator
Price: 223.27

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job...but for this price it should be making my dinner as well!, 23 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I've been using different steam generators for years so was eager to see how this top of the range model compared. The iron has an immediate impression of quality, and is well built and very sturdy. While the total unit is very heavy, the iron itself is easy enough to handle. The iron recognises the type of fabric you are ironing, and adjusts the temperature accordingly. I have to say I'm quite hesitant about this technology, great in theory but I wish there was also a manual override. I do a lot of work as a seamstress and sometimes being able to control the temperature is vital to me. However if you do not need this level of control then the auto adjust is an excellent feature and really speeds up ironing a full load.

This is an excellent iron, however my usual steam generator was around half the price and does the job just as well. If you can get a great offer I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this, but at over 200 it just doesn't go far enough.

Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
Psychiatry on the Move (MOTM)
by Molly Douglas
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic overview, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is excellent as an overview of psychiatry practice for a medical student. It does not go into huge depth on any one specific element, however gives a good grounding and a well rounded introduction. The book is clearly divided into different subjects, and covers clinical examination, aetiology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigation and management. A wide range of conditions are covered making the book feel like it has given a very in depth introduction to each aspect. It could be understood by the layman iwth no real prior knowledge. Most of the book is in bullet points, meaning this feels like it could be used as a revision text. There are also a number of diagrams, photographs and x-rays to further expand your knowledge. Very useful text.

Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
Orthopaedics and Rheumatology on the Move (MOTM)
by Terence McLoughlin
Price: 19.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant overview, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is excellent as an overview of orthopedics practice for a medical student. It does not go into huge depth on any one specific element, however gives a good grounding and a well rounded introduction. The book is clearly divided into different subjects, and covers clinical examination, aetiology, epidemiology, clinical features, investigation and management. A wide range of conditions are covered making the book feel like it has given a very in depth introduction to each aspect. Most of the book is in bullet points, meaning this feels like it could be used as a revision text. There are also a number of diagrams, phtoographs and x-rays to further expand your knowledge. Very useful text.

Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
Obstetrics, Gynaecology and Women's Health on the Move (MOTM)
by Amie Clifford
Price: 23.52

4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful general overview for the med student, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This book is excellent as an overview of obstetrics practice for a medical student. It does not go into huge depth on any one specific element, however gives a good grounding and a well rounded introduction. The book is clearly divided into 3 sections, which are further subdivided. Most of the book is in bullet points, meaning this feels like a revision text.

Yepp Kids Maxi Easyfit Childseat and Carrier - Silver, One Size
Yepp Kids Maxi Easyfit Childseat and Carrier - Silver, One Size
Price: 87.48

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality and keeps her cool, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a brilliantly sturdy seat, and it was surprisingly easy to fit. I have to say I have complete confidence that it is well fitted and therefore is a safe seat. I like that the seat has several holes in to keep my daughter cool when on the bike. We have the silver seat and I have to say given the other options I'd buy one of the brighter colours as the silver won't be very visible to motorists where the yellow or green could be seen miles away. My issue however is that while it says it can be used from 9kg my daughter, who is just over 10kg is very long and thin and can easily slip her arms out of the straps. We've added extra cross straps as a way to keep her contained, but I think they need a more secure harness if they're going to say it can take children from 9kg.

Managing Risk in Construction Projects
Managing Risk in Construction Projects
by Nigel J. Smith BSc MSc CEng FICE MAPM
Price: 45.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Good to dip into for specific subjects, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a very dry book, and I highly doubt anyone would read it cover to cover. However if you have queries about specific elements of risk then it's great to just dip into and get the relevant information. I do worry that it would date quickly and therefore while it's good for theory I'd start to worry that legislation could change and advice given could become less relevant or lacking.

ghd IV Pastel Styler, Jade
ghd IV Pastel Styler, Jade

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't be beaten, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The finish these achieve is impeccable. I have had the opportunity to use them on both long hair and a just past shoulder style as I've just had a drastic pre-baby chop. On my very long, curly thick do I have to admit the thin plates struggled somewhat and it was a slow job, but the eventual finish was very good. However on the shorter hair they're brilliant, my hair ended up poker straight, shiny, and I could easily use them to add shape and style to the layers. Personally I'd rather pay less and not have the pastel colour as I think it's a little cheap looking, but compared to any other brand of straightener that I've tried these are simply brilliant.

Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Tacwise Z1-140 Staple Gun. Staple Gun Tacker
Price: 9.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and reliable, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This stapler is well made and you can use it consistently without it jamming or needing attention. I was impressed to find you got sent a good supply of staples in the package. I did however find that I struggled at times to grip it tightly enough with one hand, my husband had no issues with his larger hands.

Rowenta DW9230 Steam Force Steam Iron
Rowenta DW9230 Steam Force Steam Iron
Price: 99.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Heavy and dribbly, 19 Jun 2014
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I usually use a steam generator iron so I was eager to see if this could come close to that kind of performance. I am disappointed to say it doesn't. While this does get a lot of creases out, I found it quite difficult to handle as it is extremely heavy due to the large water tank. I certainly couldn't stand and iron for hours on end. I also found the iron squirted out a lot of water when I didn't want it to, so clothes ended up with large damp marks, not a huge issue if they're being hung but useless if you wanted to wear it straight away.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11-20