Profile for LucyDCG > Reviews

Content by LucyDCG

LucyDCG

GMYLE (R) Wallet Case Classic for Ipod Touch 5th Generation - Turquoise Blue and Pink Cross Pattern PU Leather Slim Magnetic Flip Stand Cover
Offered by Clever Gadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars it's a good quality case and will hopefully last a long time, 28 Dec. 2014
Bought for my daughter and she loves it, it's a good quality case and will hopefully last a long time :)

Minnie Mouse Mad About Minnie Backpack
Minnie Mouse Mad About Minnie Backpack
Offered by textiles-4-home

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 28 Dec. 2014
This was a christmas present for my 3 year old daughter, she loves it so I'm happy.

Philips LivingColors Mini Colour Changing Mood Light Black (Integrated 1 x 5 Watts LED Bulb)
Offered by In2digital

5.0 out of 5 stars Brill!, 28 Dec. 2014
This was bought for my son as a christmas present, it's actually bigger than I thought and lights up his smaller bedroom nicely at night, he thinks it's awesome and for a 12 nearly thirteen year old to approve that's good enough for me :)

Dr. Martens Women's New Authentic Wedge High Leg Boot
Dr. Martens Women's New Authentic Wedge High Leg Boot
Price: £105.00 - £129.99

3.0 out of 5 stars I have a bit of a love hate thing going on with these boots ...., 28 Dec. 2014
Ok so these were a christmas present for me, I used to wear the classic "Doc Marts" when I was younger and schools allowed this kind of footwear, I clocked up some serious mileage and wore them until had to say a tearful and reluctant goodbye ... ah wait ok misty eyed moment over back to the task in hand! Anyway this is why I wanted another but more "older stylish me" pair, as the soles and the name were always so good and reliable. My dear heart hubby bought me these for chrimbo and I was over the moon I really was, until about a year ago when the darn things started leaking! Noooo I thought this can't be, these trojan's just don't leak, they're almost bulletproof! Sadly though they do, so if I need to go out in the rain I have to leave them at home or suffer soggy cold feet as a consequence ....so you see this is the love hate I have going on, I love the style, I love the comfort and the fit, I love the leather and I love the way these indestructible soles never wear .... I just absolutely hate having wet feet especially when it's a beautiful pair of boots that have let me down, no no just no. My advice for potential buyers would be to weather proof them, it might help for a while anyway, for comfort they're the business, as always. *Starts to drift back to 1990 something .... ** ;)

Skullcandy Smokin Buds In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Black/Black
Skullcandy Smokin Buds In-Ear Audio Earbud Headphones - Black/Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Love them BUT hate them!, 22 Oct. 2013
This is my third pair, yes that's right third -_-
First pair granted I lost them but they lasted aaages, the second the sound went in one ear, I thought this was down to my young daughter so thought no more of it and bought a replacement. They arrived quickly and me being such a music junkie I was over the moon as withdrawal had already started kicking in ... ANYHOO everything was going well but after only 5 days the sound has gone in one ear yet again!!
This time I fear it's down to Skull Candy and I feel rather sheepish that I blamed my daughter last time, I have a sneaking suspicion it wasn't her after all.
All this said I am still left with a dilemma because despite the fact it's russian roulette if you get a good pair that lasts, they are still pretty awesome buds for the price,I like a good sound, no apple nonsense shall pass through my ear canals!
So do I order yet another pair and hope for the best this time, or do I bid farewell to my old faithfuls and branch out elsewhere? This is a tough one...
Anyway to conclude my review, yes when they actually work you can't fault them for sound and value, but it's getting a pair that will work and not die before the week is out.

*** UPDATE ***

After much pondering I decided to stick with the Smokin' Buds and well, I'm glad I did!
They are still working despite being dropped, snagged on the cupboard door handles/hoover *insert annoying object here* ... also being wrapped around my ipod when not in use.
It would seem I was unlucky to start with, this pair seems to like me so it's all good! Happy days!

Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym
Fisher-Price Rainforest Gym

5.0 out of 5 stars In one word ... Fantastic!!, 14 Sept. 2011
After researching the many different gyms I finally decided on this one for my 10 week old daughter. I wanted something bright and colourful, with a variety of different toys, this one also has lights and sounds which is an extra bonus.
This gym has all that, it's everything my daughter loves all in one, she is fascinated with the different toys, the lights and the colours all while listening to happy tunes which actually aren't irritating either, I have found myself singing them!!
When I first saw this I was concerned it wouldn't be worth the extra money but I was wrong it is worth every penny, I would definitely recommend this to anyone, it's fab!!