Profile for Ms. S. Bryant > Reviews

Content by Ms. S. Bryant

Ms. S. Bryant "fabulousandme" (Uk, Kent)

My Friend Leonard
My Friend Leonard
by James Frey

5.0 out of 5 stars *!^"*££^$*$*($(%), 20 Jun. 2006
This review is from: My Friend Leonard (Paperback)
After reading the final page of "A Million Little Pieces" I thought, how is he going to top that?! After starting to read "My Friend Loenard" and becoming addicted to James & his world all over again, it was obvious this book was going to be another WOW read!

I found this book even more compelling and addictive and lovable than his first. The twists it takes are shocking, yet you feel a sympathy and love for the characters still.

I have enjoyed my journey through James' world and I thank him for allowing me in.

There is however one disappointment with this book. In the final pages of "A Million Little Pieces" we learn about what happens after and that spoils it a little when reading "My Friend Leonard" as you know what's going to happen. However, the way in which James writes, makes up for this disappointment.

When's the third?!?!?!?!?

A Million Little Pieces
A Million Little Pieces
by James Frey

5.0 out of 5 stars mind blowing, 20 Jun. 2006
This book was recommended to me to me by a distant friend when discussing new books to read. Having read books about addicts in the past where most of the addicts felt sorry for themselves I was reluctant to read it. Some months later I came across the book in Waterstones and remembering what my friend had said, I picked it up and began to read...........before I knew it I was hooked, and still standing in waterstones. I immediately bought it and went home and was instantly addicted to James and his world. In the short time it took me to read this book (it's that addictive!!!) I laughed, cried and vowed I would never ever visit the dentist. This book is 100% moving and possibly the best book i've read in a very very long time.....until I read the follow up "My Friend Leonard". Both books gave me the inner strength to deal with things happening to me in my life at the time. He is one amazing individual and I think that everyone should read this book!