Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2
A Croft in the Hills
A Croft in the Hills

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed., 27 Aug 2014
Actually very disappointing. I read the reviews and was expecting an account of life not only on a croft but in the beautiful setting of Scotland. Unfortunately it read more as a list of chores, garden and arable plants and how wonderful the neighbours were. There is no emotion, other than how happy they were, no poignant or evocative description of the surrounding countryside. It is literally " we did this, then this, then this" . What a pity. Not what I was expecting.

Just Cool Sport Baseball Cap With Neoteric Wicking Technology (30 Colours) (One Size) (Fire Red)
Offered by Tomscabin

5.0 out of 5 stars Pure & simple, 6 Aug 2014
Great cap. Nice fit. I like the fact the peak is just a little longer than the usual. Keeping the sun out of my eyes. So good I bought another one.

Extraordinary People (The Enzo Files)
Extraordinary People (The Enzo Files)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing for Peter May, 15 July 2014
Disappointing for Peter May. Having loved the Lewis and the China series I was eagerly anticipating the Enzo collection. But I just cannot get on with this. Not being familiar with France or even just Paris I find it difficult to pronounce the never ending street names/shop names/in fact every third word is a french area/location etc. I appreciate the positive reviews from readers who are acquainted with the french language but unfortunately the story just couldn't flow. I am certain the Lewis series was not as "boastful" it's almost like Peter is name dropping or showing off. Take all the french words out and the story is another great mystery. I know it is purely my ignorance, but I am guessing I am not the only reader without an understanding of the French language.

The Falcon's Bride
The Falcon's Bride

1.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't even finish it. And thats unheard of. ..., 11 July 2014
Couldn't even finish it. And thats unheard of. It didn't flow. Unbeleivable characters and situations. Guess I picked the wrong book.

A Time for Silence
A Time for Silence

4.0 out of 5 stars One family two generations., 3 July 2014
The two different era's run parallel very smoothly. A well paced story which I enjoyed reading. The only infuriating bit was the reader can surmise what occurred........why can't out heroine. Pleasant book highly recommended.

The Thorn Birds
The Thorn Birds

5.0 out of 5 stars Third time around, 22 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Thorn Birds (Kindle Edition)
There aren't many books I could read again; but The Thorn Birds is one I can. Leave it for a year and you can return to it with the same interest and entertainment. Well written story spanning generations. Fabulous.

Burial of Ghosts
Burial of Ghosts

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 18 Jun 2014
This review is from: Burial of Ghosts (Kindle Edition)
Having enjoyed Anne's Shetland series I thought I would give Burial of Ghosts a try. Unfortunately I have been unable to finish it. There are only a few books I have not persevered with but this is one of them. I found the writing rather amateurish, short sentences with a lack of depth or description. The plot was unbelievable and disjointed. A shame asI did enjoy her other works.

World Without End
World Without End

5.0 out of 5 stars WEAKER THAN THE PREQUEL, 9 Dec 2013
This review is from: World Without End (Kindle Edition)
Another great read although perhaps not as strong or compelling as the prequel "Pillars of the Earth" but still an engrossing and educated read.

The Pillars of the Earth
The Pillars of the Earth

5.0 out of 5 stars MY FAVOURITE BOOK OF ALL TIME, 9 Dec 2013
I have read literally hundreds of books an this "Pillars of the Earth" ranks as the best of them all.

MRS BROWN'S BOYS (7 DVD SET) THE ORIGINAL SERIES (CERT 15)
MRS BROWN'S BOYS (7 DVD SET) THE ORIGINAL SERIES (CERT 15)
Offered by msales-8

3.0 out of 5 stars Repeated Gags, 15 Nov 2012
OK for true fans of Mrs Brown and although it's the original irish series it just doesn't have the same punch as the live studio audience versions. The gags are the same as is the exact series layout. What does take a bit of getting used to is the characters have changed in the new series'. And for the better. When you see who they were originally cast as the new version is much more suitable. Funny but the new two series are so much funnier. Only purchase if you're an avid fan or collector.

Page: 1 | 2