Profile for Mr. H. A. Outhwaite > Reviews

Content by Mr. H. A. Outh...

Mr. H. A. Outhwaite

The Alcohol Murders: The True Story of Serial Killer Gilbert Paul Jordan (Crimes Canada: True Crimes That Shocked The Nation Book 10)

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful, 15 Jun. 2016
Two grammatical errors in the first two sentences. Truly awful writing. I gave up after fifteen minutes when I realised that I was reading poorly researched common facts and loose speculation. The other reviews are all five star but they are obviously all by the same person on the same couple of days.

Mind Estranged: My Journey from Schizophrenia and Homelessness to Recovery
Mind Estranged: My Journey from Schizophrenia and Homelessness to Recovery

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 16 Mar. 2015
I've read a lot in the 'mental illness memoir' genre and thought that this is one of the best. The author very vividly describes her slow descent into psychosis and a homelessness to which she cannot allow herself to admit. The chapters which describe her ghostlike existence trying to maintain a facade of normalcy whilst living in the restrooms of her old university are both tragic and strangely beautiful. Apart from some awkward uses of tense in the last few chapters, it is a well delivered, moving memoir. Heartily recommended.

The Brave Japanese
The Brave Japanese

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Dec. 2014
Exciting, well written and deeply human. A document of forgiveness. I enjoyed it very much and was sad when I finished it.

Sketch Pad
Sketch Pad

1.0 out of 5 stars don't bother, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Sketch Pad (App)
Needs serious work. Couldn't get past the intro pages for crashes, kept directing me to the app store via adverts. 10 minutes of my life which I won't get back.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 3, 2016 11:01 PM GMT

Monkey House Blues: A Shanghai Prison Memoir
Monkey House Blues: A Shanghai Prison Memoir

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book, 14 Mar. 2013
Really enjoyed this book. Not just a great, insightful account of the author's time in a Chinese jail but also full of fascinating philosophical and historical asides.

My Road Home: A 13 month journey from Wall Street to behind the walls of a NY State Prison .

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible book, 7 Feb. 2013
I'm afraid this book should really be sold as a budget, 99p ebook. It is cobbled together from poorly written, unimaginative and undescriptive diary entries. There is a massive lack of depth, of characterisation or emotion. The author may have undergone a nasty and painful experience, but this book captures nothing of prison or it's inhabitants. I can usually forgive poor grammar and writing in a book by someone using an authentic voice, but this book is just lazy, with terrible sentence structure, horrible spelling errors and - dare I say it - it is quite the most boring prison memoir I have ever read (and I've read hundreds!).
That said, I couldn't finish it, so maybe in the last quarter it suddenly becomes another 'Papillon' or 'You Got Nothing Coming'. But I doubt it.

Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Veet for Men Hair Removal Gel Cream 200 ml
Offered by ukchemist

2,972 of 3,367 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Good results at first interrogation, 25 April 2012
Excellent product. Most prisoners confessed within five minutes of the first application. Can recommend.

Yours,
Ali Muhabarakah,
Secret Police, Damascus
Comment Comments (12) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 19, 2015 6:19 PM BST

Apple Iphone 4 and 4s New *Improved* Black Silicone Case & FREE Screen Protector Kit

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad bumper but don't use the screen protector, 31 May 2011
The bumper is fine, for the price. The screen protector (which is free) is terrible. The stickers on it which are supposed to help peel off the backing and position it leave a terrible sticky mess on the front of the protector. I tried getting these off with a cloth and even a soft cloth left scratch marks on the protector. I threw it away as it was terrible and I was worried about what it might do to the screen.

Across the Land
Across the Land

5.0 out of 5 stars Across the Land, Simon Stewart, 15 Aug. 2007
This review is from: Across the Land (Audio CD)
What a fantastic album. My favourite is currently Will You Remain (track nine) but my favourite keeps changing. I can recommend this album to anyone who likes to hear really fine song writing. It really does get better with every listen. Ten out of ten.