Profile for Lugworm > Reviews

Content by Lugworm

Lugworm

Page: 1 | 2
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 inch Tablet - White (ARM Cortex A9 1.4GHz, 16GB, Wi-Fi, BT, Android 4.0)
Offered by Evrithingfortoday
Price: 269.00

4.0 out of 5 stars Yeah good!, 20 May 2013
I admire their fight against Flash. Hell! Even Adobe doesn't like Flash anymore. But why have I got Flash support on my Galaxy SIII - but not on my similarly "Premium" Note 10.1?.... Regardless. I have now bought two of them. And I am finding them very useful. The Premium suite of included apps is very nice. I would really like them to stop wasting time and money on developing duplicate Android apps though.... Doesn't make any sense.

Plus it's not an Apple product! :)

It's almost a true laptop replacement... If every other device in your home/life is new enough to play nicely with modern tablets. :/

Cyclax Aloe Vera Revitalising Cream 300ml
Cyclax Aloe Vera Revitalising Cream 300ml
Price: 3.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Stuff!, 20 May 2013
Someone gave me a pot of this as a replacement for my usual Simple moisturiser - that has gone the Oil of Ulay route - and is no longer so "Simple" anymore. I have terrible skin! Hyper sensitive. And ranging from very dry to greasy. When I first applied this I was met with a gentle tingling sensation which immediately sounded alarm bells. Oh well! I retired for the evening and awoke to the best morning complexion I've had in decades!

It's so reasonably priced too! I have a draw full of it - for when they go Glam! And start adding Amoxy-Mulla-Penta-Hydra-Fabulon6. :P

Pringle New Waverley Argyle Patterned & Plain Socks - 7-11 Mens - Black 2
Pringle New Waverley Argyle Patterned & Plain Socks - 7-11 Mens - Black 2
Offered by SockShop
Price: 8.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Proper Socks!, 20 May 2013
So comfy. I work in a kitchen and these provide the perfect combination of comfort and breathability for my poor old feet.

Jack and Jones Harlan Men's Coat Black Large
Jack and Jones Harlan Men's Coat Black Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 20 May 2013
Warm, reasonably water resistant and great value for money! Looks cool too... Well. It does when I wear it! :P

Verbatim 44010 16GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Verbatim 44010 16GB microSDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Offered by Wiziwoo Limited
Price: 6.94

1.0 out of 5 stars 8 Months in my Galaxy Note 10.1......... And it's just died! Thank God for the "Cloud", 20 May 2013
Seems to be a common problem with current high density Flash Ram storage cards. I've had many - branded with all the top names in storage. No doubt all made in the same factory in China with Suicide Netting separating the floors. No more. And my apologies to the ordinary Chinese people - This is NOT progress!

Alesis Two Track
Alesis Two Track
Offered by Soundbase
Price: 51.40

1.0 out of 5 stars Unusable, 27 Mar 2012
This review is from: Alesis Two Track (Electronics)
The first one had a dodgy on/off button and the electronic interferance as stated by the previous reviewer. On the replacement, the on/off button worked as it should, but the same identical electronic interferance could be heard on every recording. I would describe the interferance as the sound of bits being crunched. It's obviously some electronic dirt that is being added to the power rail by one of the processors, and is then being picked up by the mics. I'd imagine a couple of pence worth of discrete components on the power rail to clean up the power for the mics, would've made this unit perfect for the money. But no! It's yet another shoddy product from Numark.

50 quid wasted!

Although.... Will it blend?..... >:D

Incidentally. Recording to SD Card changes the pitch and severity of the interferance. Yet more proof that corners have been cut in the design and development of this paper weight.

Sony Vaio EH2P0E 15.5 inch Laptop (Intel i5 2.4GHz Processor, RAM 4GB, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit) Hard Drive Capacity 320GB- Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Just one more thing...., 16 Mar 2012
If you're buying this as a mobile DAW laptop for streaming live audio, you will have to disable the Realtek Card Reader in Device Manager. It causes some shocking DPC Latency and makes audio dropout every 20 seconds or so. You should probably uninstall the Intel Rapid Storage software too, cos that was producing 10 times the amount of latency that the Atapi driver in Windows 7 produces. Once those two things are done you're left with a machine that pretty much equals my Phenom II desktop machine in terms of CPU headroom.

Sabatier Cooks Knife
Sabatier Cooks Knife
Offered by Click n Order
Price: 48.31

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought this for my Mother..., 13 Feb 2012
This review is from: Sabatier Cooks Knife
to replace a similar Sabatier type Chef's Knife she's had for over 20 years, and I can't fault it. If you're looking for that familiar Sabatier feel, you won't be disapointed! Deglon knives are sensibly priced too, considering the quality and the heritage.

Kitchen Craft 45 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack
Kitchen Craft 45 cm Deluxe Cast Magnetic Knife Rack
Price: 13.50

3.0 out of 5 stars The fitting was clearly an afterthought when this was designed., 9 Feb 2012
That said. Once installed, it looks great and perfoms admirably. Oh and as for the fitting.... The approach I went for was to screw the plastic end caps to the wall. Hook the top of the Aluminium section over the top of the end caps, and then press the bottom of the Ali section until it clipped into place at the bottom. I also left one end cap ever so slightly looser when screwing to the wall. That way, if I ever want to remove the rack, I should just be able to prize one end cap out and then slide the Ali section off the other end cap.

Frankly though. The person that designed this wants shooting! It's no wonder they omitted installation instructions...........

ProCook Elite X50 Chefs Knife 20cm / 8in
ProCook Elite X50 Chefs Knife 20cm / 8in
Offered by ProCook
Price: 50.00

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely piece of German Steel!, 4 Feb 2012
I wanted something to replace the "Rusty Table Leg" at work. I didn't want to spend too much because it'll probably get stolen at some point, or some idiot will drop it on the floor and snap the tip off. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. It's a fine, beautifully machined piece of German Cromoly Steel that will keep an edge for weeks and will withstand all the abuse a commercial kitchen will throw at it. Yes. The "ProCook" name raised some sniggers from my collegues... But when they used it - they weren't sniggering! It's perfectly balanced, and the Rubber ergonomic handle which gave me some mis-givings, is an absolute joy! It fits perfectly in my average sized hands, and I find I'm gripping the knife a lot less tightly - which is very nice when I have to dice 20 Kilos of onions!

Page: 1 | 2