Profile for Shifty One > Reviews

(VINE VOICE)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9
No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars 64 And This Is As Sharp As They Come, 30 Sept. 2012
Well I'm 64 years of age, and tried all other methods of shaving.
None compare to a good De Razor, and some good blades.
Over the years I have tried them all"Except Some of The very New Ones", but these blades are the best.
Beyond doubt after using these I could not believe how close these blades cut.
After my first pass WTG I could hardly feel any stubble.

My fav setup is: A Merkur 510 adjustable Long Handle, as I have big hands loaded with a Feather blade.
Bluebeards post shave gel, as I have a really sensitive skin, but a tough beard.
I use Mitchell Wool Soap for Sensitive Skin this gives me a great lather nice, and creamy.
After I use Arko classic Moisterising cream.

After reading on here how people say they had a wrong one in a batch, all I can say is that can happen with any make.
Please dont be put off by people who say it ripped there face to pieces, or pulled, and burnt there faces.
When I see that it tell's me people are not taking there time to properly prepare for there shave, or may not be using the right tools that
suite them they should think about what they are using, and see about changing it.
After all dont forget everyones beard, and skin changes over years, so you have to accomadate, and look at what you can change in your setup.

Always let the weight of the razor do the work, never press it , "It's Not A Plastic Cartridge".
Also most important of all take your time use short strokes be patient, and work on your technique once you have that your home, and dry. :).
HappY Shaving.

100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry)
100 Best Poems for Children (Puffin Poetry)
by Roger McGough

5.0 out of 5 stars A Really Nice Book, 13 Nov. 2011
Got this book for my grandson.
I think all children should be introduced to the wonderful written word of poetry.
Some of the poems here are really done well, and written by some grat poets, so I'm hopeing it will get my grandson interested, but I will have to wait till Chtistmas to find out.
A great book to say the least.

Rockets Toys Tiddly Winks
Rockets Toys Tiddly Winks
Offered by B420 Retail

5.0 out of 5 stars Wish all games were this simple to play., 13 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Rockets Toys Tiddly Winks (Toy)
What can I say except Tiddly Winks is a really old game, but all kids of all ages will find it fun to play.
The old games are the best, as you dont have to buy batteries, and kidas want something they dont have to spend half an hour putting together before they can play "Hence It Does Not Come out Of The Box Very Often".

Good fun for all ages.

Luxury Ludo
Luxury Ludo

5.0 out of 5 stars Old Game But One Of The Best, 13 Nov. 2011
This review is from: Luxury Ludo (Toy)
Got this for my grandson, but it is, so hard to to find Ludo in any toy shop
searched all over.
In the finish got it here with no problems at all.
It is well made, and really durable, so should survive a lot of punishment.

Even though I'm 63 I still find this one if not the best fun games to play for all ages.

Razer Nostromo Expert Keypad
Razer Nostromo Expert Keypad

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Piece Of Kit "From An FPS Gamer", 10 Oct. 2011
I bought this a while ago, as I had upgraded to Win 7, and my old Nostromo would no longer work with 7.
It is well made, and the keys are nice base sticks to the desk, and hardly moves.
Keys are very good, as is the rest for the hand.

If I had to moan it would be with the program, as I dont think its, as good as the old NOstromo program.
It was nice to click a key on the old one, and see it come up, but with the new one that does not happen, so
a bit of pain really, as more thought could have gone into it.

Other than that it is a really great piece of kit.
Im a big FPS gamer, and have had two of the older Nostromo's although you can program this for any game
just type the name of the profile then add the keys for that game click accept, and its all saved for you
upto 20 profiles can be saved, so quite a few really.

You wont get used to it straight away it will take about a week, and then you'll wonder why you did'nt get it before.
It does save you stretching your hand all over the keyboard, and by the time you have looked for the key your dead, so my advice get one of
these, and take the pain out of gaming.
Oh yea make sure you download the latest drivers for this from Razer I have had no problems with those at all.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 20, 2013 10:32 AM BST

Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition (PS3)
Dragon Age 2 - Signature Edition (PS3)
Offered by scaddingk

3.0 out of 5 stars Not As Good As The First, 3 July 2011
= Fun:4.0 out of 5 stars
I played Origins with all the addon's, and it was awsome.
This one is good, but by no means, as good as the first.

Lots of the dungeons are the same you cannot put two weapons on your characters, and you cant fit them out with the armour you want them to have only weapons, so to me this was rushed jsut to make money.

Dont get me wrong it is a good adventure, but for me there was not enough darkspawn.
Most of the adventure takes place in one city Kirkwall, so it does get a bit boring once you know your way around.

Seeing as I'm a big fan of Bioware stuff anyway like Mass Effect, and ME 2 this I had to get, but stnill a good stomp.
Just hope they improve on the next instalement.

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
Offered by GeeksWholesaler

5.0 out of 5 stars Best RPG I Have Played For Years, 13 Sept. 2010
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
There have been many video games that have been put into film, but in my book this would be an epic if it was done correctly, and not just passed over.
I got the game just after it came out, and was just immersed into the story.
There was personal things that came up within the family, so I passed the game over for a while, but now I have just finished it, and I'm a bit sad in a way, as I got so attached to the characters.

If you like a game that has a great storyline, or you just like lots of blood, or you just love RPG's then buy this you will not be dissapointed.
I would love to tell you about some of the characters, but I dont want to spoil the story for you suffice to say they all have there own stories woven into this great game.
The care to the story the combat, and the graphics are second to none.
I played BG2, and NWN, but just hated the really enormous cities in BG they were, so time consuming to do quests in, and after a while you lose track of what you should be doing.

This game does not have enormous cities just towns, and a capital"which is'nt that large", so it was nice to go through these, and come back when you want, so you dont lose track of the story at any time.
The fights are great, and my favorite has to be the last quest The Final Battle, but there are lots more besides.

All the great races are here, Dwarves, Elves, Humans, so get stuck in to a great story, and enjoy.
Now I have just ordered the add on, and cant wait for DA 2 to come out next year.
Happy Adventuring.

Nature Got There First
Nature Got There First
by Phil Gates

5.0 out of 5 stars Great For Kids, 28 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Nature Got There First (Hardcover)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I bought this for my grandson, and he just loves it.
The pictures, and descrptions are so well done.
There was loads I didnt know either, so we both have learned, so much.

Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 (PC CD)
Digital Scrapbook Artist 2 (PC CD)
Offered by UK Surplus Central Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little idea, 28 Jun. 2010
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is really a great idea.
You can edit photos, do a scrapbbok type thing etc.
Very easy to use, and pick up no steep learning curve either.
If your into crafting then this is a great addition not to be missed.

Amos Daragon Book One: The Mask Wearer
Amos Daragon Book One: The Mask Wearer
by Bryan Perro

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Fantasy Read For All Ages, 5 Aug. 2009
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
A great book I just could not put down.
Perro is one really great story teller, although aimed at the younger people adults will love it too as I did.

There are all manner of mythological creatures in this story, like Manimals (shape shifters), gorgons, fairies, Mermaids as well, also the evil snake lord Seth.
I look forward to the other books he has coming out with the same hero, one is out in September called Key Of Braha.
If I had one complaint it would be the story was not long enough, but I spose thats because the book was so good, and not boring in any one place, but keeps flowing with lots of action.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9