Profile for Sammy > Reviews

Content by Sammy

Sammy

The Diet for Food lovers (The Pure Package)
The Diet for Food lovers (The Pure Package)
by Jennifer Irvine

5.0 out of 5 stars The only diet book you need!!, 14 Jan. 2012
I have been a satisfied customer of Pure Package in previous years but because of finances, couldn't continue with it as long as I would have liked. So when I was unhappily researching diets and was not convinced a "diet plan" like SW and WW were ideal for me, I received an email from the Pure Package company that they had released their recipe book. I jumped at the chance of buying it. the book is easy to read, the recipes WORK - sometimes you follow a recipe and it never looks the same as in the picture. I am not an accomplished cook in the kitchen but I was surprised by how easy to follow the recipes were and they do look like the pictures!! a few of asian/thai-based meals - which i love.

I have completed Week 1 of the recommended meal planner (there are 3 in total) and I have to say I have never cooked such deliciously tasty, healthy, fresh meals in my life. I have found it easy to stick to because my body is feeling nourished. I am not craving the refined sugars, breads, saturated fats that I had been guilty of doing in the past. My fridge is stocked with fresh fruit, veg, herbs etc and if your clever with your recipes i.e. eating one meal for dinner and having it for lunch the next day, nothing really goes to waste. I was so amazed by the tasty meals I was making on week 1 of the planner, I am repeating it again this week so I get used to making the dishes. I feel more in control of what I am eating and it feels great. Unlike other diet plans, you are not eating in a way in which you can "earn" your sin or cheat food. That to me is not healthy eating. This is not a book that preaches to you but one which educates you in a simple but straightforward format - eat the rainbow and use your palm as a good indication of your portion sizes. you will use produce from the supermarket that you've passed time and time again but ignored. I am cooking all my own meals and I was never interested in making time to cook nice meals. I honestly don;t feel I am dieting - the food is so tasty it seems too good to be true.

Now for the "less positive" points - i don't want to say "negative" as I don't want to undo the praise I have for this book. To prepare every meal and follow the planner - if that's what you decide to do - requires a lot of planning, preparation and time. The initial outlay of food shopping is quite costly, but now my cupboard is stocked with the staples, the cost of food shopping will come down. Because everything is fresh, i do food shopping every 3 days. i am spending alot more time in my kitchen as sometimes there are 3 processes to create the one meal. If you are working, weighing out ingredients the night before will save you time the next day. it is labour intensive but then I am not spending money and time each week to be weighed at a class.

If you want to invest in your long-term health and see weight loss - buy this book.