Profile for Reaper > Reviews

Crowley Thoth Tarot Deck Standard
by Aleister Crowley
Edition: Cards

5.0 out of 5 stars legendary, 3 Sept. 2013
I got this just to own it because it's a legendary tarot, i'm not sure how much i'll be using it though

Malekith (The Time of Legends)
Malekith (The Time of Legends)
by Gav Thorpe

3.0 out of 5 stars good fantasy, 3 Sept. 2013
It's alright i thought i'd be reading something about him being the witch king. it was worth the read, i believe its the start to a trilogy so maybe the rest of what i want to read is in the other books.

Troy (2-Disc Special Edition - Director's Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Troy (2-Disc Special Edition - Director's Cut) [DVD] [2004]
Dvd ~ Brad Pitt
Offered by Jasuli

3.0 out of 5 stars It's OK, 3 Sept. 2013
I personally prefer the theatrical version. I mean it was good to see all the extra scenes i'm not familiar with, but I think the theatrical cut flowed better. It's fluid and synchronized perfectly with the soundtrack. I think this version is a little bit random and I didn't like the feel of it especially with the soundtrack. The good thing is that this directors cut goes into a bit more detail and explicit portraying that time period better. if you absolutely loved Troy and want to see some extra footage like I did then get it, otherwise I wouldn't say you are missing much.

Lords of the Left-hand Path: Forbidden Practices and Spiritual Heresies
Lords of the Left-hand Path: Forbidden Practices and Spiritual Heresies
by Stephen E. Flowers

5.0 out of 5 stars Comprehensive, 3 Sept. 2013
This is a full study on the LHP throughout all time periods and cultures. I gave it this rating because of how much information is presented. He examines many notable occultists and if they qualified as a Lord or Lady of the LHP. There's even a section on Jesus Christ and if he was a Lord of the LHP, but I won't ruin it for you. This is written by a well educated man I believe he himself is a member of the Temple of Set, so it may be a little bit bias, but generally it is OK and a balance perspective on a great number of LHP practices. I am a Church of Satan member and I have recently been in contact with a Priest in the Temple of Set and I mentioned this book he also thinks this book is excellent. How genuine in it can be seen in the section where he mentions the people who helped to compile this together, some prominent LHP practioners such as Nikolas and Zeena Schreck. I'd recommend anyone who wants to understand the LHP and what it's really about, and also a most rational theory on Black and White Magic.

Nocturnal Witchcraft: Magick After Dark
Nocturnal Witchcraft: Magick After Dark
by Konstantinos

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 25 Jun. 2013
This is a heavy book. I wish i read this earlier but i guess i got it at the right time. I'm not going to say much but...If you're interested in PRACTICAL witchcraft and not just reading about it, you will rate this book. This book is full of exercises not just theory, its a gem of a book which seems underrated to me.

Dracula (Limited Edition of 1000 Copies)
Dracula (Limited Edition of 1000 Copies)
by Bram Stoker

5.0 out of 5 stars classic, 13 April 2013
I haven't taken it out of the plastic wrapping i want it to stay brand new. I bought one as a birthday gift to myself I had to make sure I got one before they all sold out. If I want to read Dracula I'll read the cheap edition that I've got.

Royo Dark Tarot: 78 full colour cards and instructions
Royo Dark Tarot: 78 full colour cards and instructions
by Luis Royo

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 15 Mar. 2013
I'm by no means an expert tarot reader, but I rate this deck 5 stars because of the art. Its sensual and sexual dark fantasy so if naked women and sexual themes isn't your thing then don't get it. The other thing I like about it is its not what you'd call a traditional tarot deck, it is partly but this deck urges you to interpret the cards and figure out the meaning from your own unconscious, instead of giving you 2 pages for each card explaining the meaning and symbolism. So i think its worth it because in my opinion the tarot is an intuitive art and not utilizing the rational mind to seek information. So its all about what the imagery on each card says to you personally. I personally connect to these images because this is my type of thing. Perhaps its not everyone's cup of tea but for me its great.