Profile for Darren > Reviews

Content by Darren

Darren (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Corsair CH-9000020-UK Vengeance K95 Performance MMO/RTS Mechanical Gaming Keyboard - Black

2.0 out of 5 stars Dead LED's after a few months, 8 July 2015
I'm on my third one of these now because of dead LED's. They seem to slowly die in pairs usually around the 3 month mark. And most of the time its on keys I don't even use! Corsair are happy to RMA it, however you end up paying £30 postage as they're based in Netherlands! The amount I've paid to return each time I could've put towards a different brand.

The keyboard itself is excellent but I bought this for the backlit keys too.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 11, 2015 10:50 AM BST

120 x Nutriodol® Raspberry Ketone Complex 3500mg ❄︎ADD TWO TO BASKET GET ONE 50% OFF❄︎ FREE 1ST CLASS DELIVERY - Seven Powerful Dietary Supplements In One Tablet ★ 60 DAYS NO HASSLE MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE ★ (Raspberry Ketone, Acai Berry, African Mango, Green Tea, Capsicum, Green Coffee Bean, Vitamin B12) - Suitable for Vegetarians & Vegans.
Offered by Nutriodol Supplements Ltd.

1.0 out of 5 stars A guys point of view, 24 April 2015
I'm already fairly fit and in good shape. I exercise 6 days a week and eat healthy. I purchased these in the hope they would assist in helping me to reduce my body fat that little bit extra, and shift that stubborn layer over my abs. Unfortunately after completing the whole 120 tabs I've seen zero results. As a test I stuck with my normal nutrition and workouts and have seen no fluctuations in weight.

I've read allot of mixed reviews on here and I'm afraid to say I'm with the 1 star crowd. Looks like I'll be requesting my money back.

Placebo maybe? Who knows. Maybe different body types react differently to these. Unfortunately for me, I've seen nothing. :(
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 24, 2015 4:42 PM BST

RDX Neoprene Knee Brace Support Guard Protector Pads Elasticated Sleeve (THIS IS SOLD AS SINGLE ITEM)
Offered by B2Fitness

3.0 out of 5 stars Purchased from reading the other reviews. Ordered the large-XL ..., 24 April 2015
Purchased from reading the other reviews. Ordered the large-XL as I'm a 6ft 3" guy with fairly large legs. However this keeps rolling down and I'm forever pulling it back up. So I'm not feeling any benefits or support from wearing it. I think if I was to order the small-medium it would be too tight. I'm using it for general weight training and cardio (P90x programs etc.) in the home.

Pete and Pedro Putty
Pete and Pedro Putty
Offered by Pete and Pedro UK

4.0 out of 5 stars dry with towel and apply the putty = Great hair-do! Pros - Great styling - Only small ..., 24 April 2015
This review is from: Pete and Pedro Putty (Misc.)
Wash hair, dry with towel and apply the putty = Great hair-do!

Pros
- Great styling
- Only small amount required for firm hold
- Washes out easy
- Smells good

Cons
- Doesn't contain much product in tub
- Expensive for what it is. Can get similar product for half the price.

iPad Air Smart Case - Horizon Full Body Flip Cover for iPad Air (5th Generation, 2013), Grey
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

2.0 out of 5 stars No magnetic cover to hold in place. Suction cups mark the screen, 19 Jan. 2015
I thought I'd write a review after a few months of owning this. Its been 5 months now and the case it still in great condition and is doing its job in terms of being protective.

Pros
- Protective
- Good material and hasn't frayed or come apart

Cons
- Has the "Jammy Lizard" logo on the front which takes away the professional look.
- Is not a magnetic cover. Most covers I have used in the past come with a magnetic cover and keeps it secure. However this comes with 2 small suction cups which stick to the screen to hold it in place. The cover comes open quite often, especially if you have the iPad vertically in a bag. There has been numerous times I have taken my iPad out only to find the battery has run out because the cover came open. Also not to mention the suction cups mark the iPad screen.

So I would probably not recommend it.

Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Network Interface Card
Asus PCE-AC68 Dual Band Wireless PCI Express Network Interface Card
Offered by Box Limited

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor 5Ghz speeds on AC / N, 28 Nov. 2014
Don't know if I received a faulty product or its just isn't as great as most people say it is. The adapter has reduced my speeds by almost 80%!

I have BT Infinity with 100mb download and 20mb upload. Before downgrading to this adapter I was using a Linksys wireless adapter and I was happily reaching almost my advertised speeds. The reason for upgrade was the newer technology and just sticking with the ASUS brand. So far older technology seems to be winning this race.

I'm trying to reach the full potential of the 802.11ac and have my router in is dual mode, so 2.4ghz and 5ghz. The speeds I get on the 5GHz range are just ridiculously slow, sometimes going down as little as 10 Mbps. So much for reaching anything near 1300 on 5ghz :(

My router ASUS RT-AC66U and PC are in the same room, so there are no walls between them. I had no trouble with the Linksys on 5Ghz.

I've tried almost every setting on my router, reinstalled drivers, updated everything and even tried out third party drivers but to no avail. I've also posted on the ASUS forums for assistance but have had 0 replies.

Such a shame.
Comment Comments (3) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 13, 2015 2:18 AM BST

Gillette Mach 3 Manual Razor Blades 8 pack
Gillette Mach 3 Manual Razor Blades 8 pack
Offered by CrazyKangaroo

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 8 Jun. 2014
Allot of the reviews say these are fake however they seemed fine to me. I'm on my fifth blade now and haven't noticed anything different than the ones I purchase in supermarkets. Ok the box looks a little different but the blades themselves worked a treat. When I run out I'll defiantly be purchasing some more from here.

STRATA24® PREMIUM HQ DIGITAL AUDIO OPTICAL TOSLINK CABLE WITH GOLD PINS AND METAL CASING SPDIF SKY DTS SOUND (S24T-1 0.5m (1.64ft))
Offered by YBMG

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job! PS4, PX5 and PC, 8 Jun. 2014
Cheap and does the job!

I purchased 2 of these as I use a 3 Way Digital Optical Switcher and needed the cables to go between my Turtle Beach PX5's, PS4 and PC. All works perfectly and sound is great.

Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way Selector Unit
Cable Mountain TOSlink 3.5mm Digital Optical 3 Way Selector Unit

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with Turtle Beach And PS4, 8 Jun. 2014
I bought this as I use my Turtle Beach PX5's with PC and PS4, and switching the digital audio cable between them each time got annoying.

I came across this product and was slightly reluctant to purchase it because of all the low reviews. However I thought I'd decide for myself and purchase it. I'm glad I did! Just a turn of the knob and the sound switches between PC and PS4 perfectly.

One thing to note is the size. Its almost as big as PS4 controller! This may put some people off however it was all good for me.

4KG HENCH NUTRITION HI-CALORIE MASS GAINER / WEIGHT GAIN WHEY PROTEIN POWDER - VANILLA
Offered by Hench Nutrition

3.0 out of 5 stars Vanilla Flavour, 17 April 2014
This is my second tub from Hench. My first was the butterscotch flavour and that tasted awesome! Just like Angel Delight. However I wasn't too keen on this one, Vanilla.

Pros
Mixes well (I mixed with water, otherwise it was too thick)

Cons
Flavour (Although others may enjoy this)

I can't comment on the effectiveness of this as I haven't really gained anything. Perhaps this was because I was mixing it with water.

I just wanted to note that that the item was delivered very quickly and I was informed via text and email every step of the way.

Page: 1 | 2