Profile for M. Mortel > Reviews

Content by M. Mortel

M. Mortel "Mat Mortel" (Leicester, UK)

Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g
Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g
Offered by Brindle Bear

4.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff!, 9 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Thornit Ear Powder, 20 g (Misc.)
Worked better and much cheaper than anything the vet sold us! Just make sure you still clear the ear out before applying otherwise it will become congested.

Dog is much happier now!

Free Fall [DVD]
Free Fall [DVD]
Dvd ~ Hanno Koffler
Offered by fat_buddha

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, 10 July 2014
This review is from: Free Fall [DVD] (DVD)
This is just a stunning film, truly well shot and engaging. What I love about is film is that this really isn't a gay love story, but rather one telling the struggles of coming to terms with the most difficult of situations in life.

The acting was superb, directing first rate and the narrative made this an emotional and thought provoking exploration into the complexities of love.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 25, 2015 10:00 PM GMT

Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
Start with Why: How Great Leaders Inspire Everyone to Take Action
by Simon Sinek

5.0 out of 5 stars Astounding!, 17 Feb. 2011
It's amazing how simple the concept that Simon talks about in this book is, what is more unbelievable is that people don't realise it! I would recommend this to anyone who is interested not only in understanding how be an great leader, but also anyone who is trying to find their own path in life. It has definately given me the ability to live my life not through what I want to do, but why. As Simon frequently points out, if you know your why, the what and the how will follow.

Truly inspiring read!

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars Not USB 2.0, 20 April 2009
I bought this because it looks really good and is the quirkiest looking hub I've seen around, but it's a bit of a disappointment really, firstly you should know that the product is not USB 2.0, but simply compatible with USB 2.0. Also, as good as it looks, it doesnt actually stand up very well, leaving you with a bit of a pointless bit of kit, which, when postage is taken into account is not very good value for money!

Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Firefly - The Complete Series [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Nathan Fillion

5.0 out of 5 stars Hands up who hates Fox?, 23 Sept. 2007
Yes, it's true the 5 star rating would be higher if I could. This is actually one of the most brilliant demonstrations of what TV should really be; Original, funny, individual, smart, and above all amazingly well written. As everyone else says it is such a shame that this was cancelled without it even getting a chance, and I think by doing just a little bit of research it is evident Fox was at fault.

I got to the end of this DVD and couldn't even contemplate how good it could have gotten had it been given a chance, it seemed doomed before it even began, this series had shown real depth of character, intrigue with character stories, and so much more.

The only reason I could think of that you shouldn't watch this is the immense sense of loss you get at the end of the last episode... just at the point where you want to know what happens next.

Don't forget to watch Serenity once you've finished this, and keep your fingers crossed that Fox turn half human and release the rights for Firefly to fly another day with a new network.

... not meaning to rant (hehe).

Schizophrenic
Schizophrenic
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars This should have been a massive hit!!!, 19 Mar. 2005
This review is from: Schizophrenic (Audio CD)
I blame his label for this album not selling as well as the other well known *NSync-er. I for one have never seen one ounce of promotion over this side of the pond for any of JC's music, and that is a big shame. The music is a different approach to 'Justified', and has worked just as well, if not better!
I had to do some real research to find out about this album, as it just hasnt been promoted here, i think people would love this music if they only got the chance to listen to it, which Jive records seems to have restricted. My only hope is that he gets the chance to release further material, and be promoted for it, I am holding my breath for his next album. If you buy one album this year, you should buy this. As soon as I heard each song I loved them, and there is a real variation too, he has tried everything on this album, and it all works.(if you go to JCchasez.net you can hear clips of tracks)
The only reason i can think of for this album not selling is due to its distinct favour for songs about sex, which obviously isolates his fans from the *NSync days, and as such he needs to find a new fan base. I'm first in the que!
This album is one of the best produced, and written albums that have been out for a long time, and is now pride of place within my music collection!
The best album to come from the *Nsync guys.

Witches of Eastwick (Original London Cast)
Witches of Eastwick (Original London Cast)

5.0 out of 5 stars I couldnt rate this any higher!!!!, 26 Sept. 2003
I first went to see this musical in Drury Lane when it still had the full original cast!( who feature on this recording) And I still cant believe that they took it from the west end so early into its run.
Now touring around Russia and then Australia, I cannot express how good this musical is!
I can honestly say that this is THE BEST MUSICAL I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!! I know that far fetched but, it has everything you could ever wish for in a musical and so much more. I am waiting for the tour to come ( Which it hopefully will!) so that I can enjoy it again. It is one of those musicals that you just want to see again and again!
It's a real shame that there is no video or DVD of the stage version, as the film just isnt as good!
Buy this today, and I promise you that you will not regret it. And for the price Amazon is selling it for, it's a bargain!!!

James Cameron's Dark Angel (Xbox)
James Cameron's Dark Angel (Xbox)
Offered by CDandVinyl

4.0 out of 5 stars Angel in disguise, 7 Jun. 2003
This game is an original take on an old concept. based on the fantastic series of the same name, it takes all of the action and delivers it into the palm of your hand. This is one of the best action games I have played in a long time. There is only one probelm with it, which is, the camera angles sometimes become dissorientating. But it's realism of play is almost second to none. Those who like the show should love this. So don't listen to What the amazon review says, I'm telling you what it's really like! P.S there arent any cheats so don't bother to look, you have to use skill in this game!