Profile for A Customer > Reviews

Content by A Customer

A Customer

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Xbox 360)
Goldeneye 007: Reloaded (Xbox 360)
Offered by STOCKTASTIC

4.0 out of 5 stars Of Course It Is Different It Is More Then 15 Years Since The Original!, 15 Mar. 2012
It annoys me how people compare remakes/revisits to their original games. People should know by now that almost all remakes are never the same, not Tomb Raider, not Duke Nukem but maybe Halo.

Its been a long time since one of the best games in history was release; 007 Goldeneye for the N64.
This game does have its similarities but if I'm honest most of the time it is just little nostalgic moments rather than a full copy remake.
This however I prefer as it keeps the game fresh and keeps me on my toes.

Here is a quick overview of the game in my personal opinion:

Campain: 8/10 (a bit short ever when beaten on 007 Classic and seriously... No Brosnan?!)
Multiplayer: 9/10 (just misses perfect because if the lack of damage with grenades and other explosives)
Graphics: 9/10 (a few glitches but pretty good overal)
Audio: 7/10 (the music is way to loud during specific moments in games which is annoying but other than that no complaints)

Overal: 8/10 or 4/5

GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
GoldenEye 007 (Wii)
Offered by Warby 4 Games & Gifts

4.0 out of 5 stars A good game but it never lived up to it's expectations., 9 Feb. 2011
This review is from: GoldenEye 007 (Wii) (Video Game)
I'm getting kind of tired of people saying this game is nowhere as good as the original, when the truth is this game is nothing like the original game anyway.

If this game was under a different title frankly I would'nt be asking questions.

What I will say is that it was disappointing to see how this game had very few nods to the original game.

The first Goldeneye 007 was different from the film. It had very few lines from the film, some of the levels were unrelated to the film, and the ones that were only related in certain parts of the levels.

This new game however has more references to the film then the old game, for example the dialoge and the scenery.

I personally play this game with a gamecube controller...i have tried with the wii remote and nunchuk and I can now sympathise with what people are saying about the controlls being poor.

Firstly the campain mode is fantastic but I found it fustrating how you had to complete it on easy first...I tend to complete games on hard so they last longer. However saying that this game isn't a bad length.

Some of the levels are really fun to play over again; like facility, perhaps one of the only similarities between the two games.

The online play is fantastic and there is an insentive to carry on playing for a long time because of the upgrades and unlockables... This brings me onto a very bad point about the game in my view. In order to play Classic Conflict online (something which was used frequently during advertising) you have to get to level 35, which I can tell you isn't easy. I've had the game for two and a half months now, I play it alot and I'm only at 23.

Incase some of you don't know Classic Conflict is an online mode where you choose which character you play as. Now keeping this locked until you play a year of the game seems silly because this was the main feature of the original game...the multiplayer where you pick a classic bond character.

I have to say this game definitely has it's bad points. I was personally disappointed with the fact it was nothing like the original game... not that it wasn't as good, just that it was so dis-similar. However this is a good game in it's own right and if it wasn't advertised as a massive remake than I would be giving it 5 out of 5.

Washburn HB32 DM Hollow Body Guitar - Distressed Mahogany
Washburn HB32 DM Hollow Body Guitar - Distressed Mahogany

5.0 out of 5 stars Money well spent, 9 Feb. 2011
I must say I am very impressed with the quality of this guitar, especially concidering the price.

It can be risky buying semi acoustic guitars: You have to be carefull about feedback and sound which often is poor in cheaper models.

However this is a cheap guitar for what it is and I must say I get no feedback and it sounds fantastic.

I play mostly rock music so I was worried that the sound of this guitar may have been to bluesy for me, however this guitar is extremely versitile. It has a great jazz/blues sound but it also has a fantastic rock sound and can even play some heavy metal. It sounds very similar to a les paul when distorted.

It looks great too. Distressed mahogany, matching head and even distressed hardware. It really is nice to look at.

It plays very well, it's so easy to play and sounds fantastic when played acoustically.

The weight is medium. I'd put it somewhere between a Strat and a Les Paul.

I only have two complaints about the guitar.

1. The switch between treble and rhythm is really easily moved when playing.

2. The control knobs look wrongly placed. They are positioned differently because of the F holes, unfortunately they look a little strange.

I wasn't sure if I wanted to give this a four or a five star rating because of the two bad points but I decided on five because they are just little bugbears and the positives about this guitar far outstrip the negatives.

I'm very happy with this guitar and I believe it's a bargain for the price.

Nightmare
Nightmare

4.0 out of 5 stars What did you say?, 17 Sept. 2010
This review is from: Nightmare (Audio CD)
...respect.

Before I rant on about how much I love this album, I just wanna say (from a longterm fan kinda thing)... I just want to say this:
This culture surrounding dead artist is becoming a drag. Would you say the same thing when they walked the earth?

Ok so lets start from the top, Nightmare (the track) is a typical but awesome way to start an album off. Imagine 'Critical Acclaim' meets 'Second Heartbeat' and then gets cut up, something added...maybe 'Afterlife'. There is "You're ******* Nightmare."

This is the first Avenged album I personally can class as a Rollercoaster ride.

'Welcome To The Family' is very awkward (almost)...you don't expect it I guess. You get the typical emo slant on the chorus but then the man himself is doing his thing afterwards (Whispering). A great 'Pinkly Smooth' move perhaps.

Track 3 is weird as. 'Danger Line'. Hardcore but also maybe a tad of autotune. You can hear the progression in this band, they must have learnt from some awesome experiences...and some bad.

'Buried Alive' is very inspirational. Pantera meets Metallica. I can relate to this song. Musically - "Love or hate".

Track 5 ("Natural Born Killer")... starting to think this album is playing like a greatest hits. How Mr. S can sing some of these lines... you know, I think I would choke.

"So Far Away" is a real breakdown. If you can relate in a sense. For those who have lost the ones they love... Syn is not just a guitarist. A musician in his own right. This song is when I realised that.

"God Hates Us" - Heaviest thing A7X have ever wrote...I love it.

"Victim"... one of my least favourite songs on the album. A bit too 'U.Y.I' for me... fine if you like that album/band but I can't relate myself.

'Tonight The World Dies' carries on that theme. But kicks in like another song I like 'B.O.B****'.

'Fiction' is a masterpeice...can't explain why - just check it out.

'Save Me'; like other A7X (last tracks inparticular) they never shut up... and it's a marathon. Love it.

So there you go a quick A7X review, with love no doubt... quick note; Mike rocks.

Journal For Plague Lovers Remixes
Journal For Plague Lovers Remixes

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpectedly brilliant, 19 Jun. 2010
I hated the remix CD of Forever Delayed with a passion and expected to feel exactly the same way about this. However I can happily sit through the whole thing...and enjoy it. The only disappointment was Jackie Collins Existential Question Time and perhaps Doors Closing Slowly to a certain degree. Apart from that it's great and I don't regret spending money on downloading it.

Permission To Land
Permission To Land
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this album...but my friends will never know!, 19 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Permission To Land (Audio CD)
The Darkness are/were a love or hate type of band, and chances are if you do love them none of your mates know. They're a guilty pleasure, pure and simple.

Although I could easily use their second album as a painful alternative to toilet paper this album plays like a greatest hits.
The main highlights of the album for me have to be 'Holding My Own', 'Growing On Me', 'Black Shuck', 'Friday Night' and 'Love Is Only A Feeling'.

Apart from one song (Stuck In A Rut) this album is flawless in my opinion. As for the actual mixing of the songs go it's also flawless.

It's such a shame that they disbanded so quickly. Nowadays if you want to hear new Darkness material the closest you can get is the Stone Gods (they're great by the way), or Hot Leg.

Nightmare [Explicit]
Nightmare [Explicit]

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazingly powerful but a bit typical if I'm honest., 19 Jun. 2010
I wasn't sure of this at first...singing the title in the first line has always put me of songs in the past...I just feel it often spoils the chorus. However after a few listens I began to love it...just like I loved Critical Acclaim when they released it before the album. Firstly it's heavier than anything on their last album (thank goodness). The best thing about the song has to be the verses, they are so powerful it's amazing...and I'm not just talking about M. Shadows' singing (which most people expect to be powerful anyway) the music also packs a big punch too. The song itself is very Metallica-esque, which in my opinion is no bad thing. I only really dislike two things about this song:

One; it has that very typical Avenged Sevenfold bridge... which if i'm honest is getting tiresome.

Two; the song is a bit of a slog... personally I think the song should end before the guitar solo kicks in (which I suspect they'll probably do for the single version).

Apart from those two things I think it's a great track...and possibly a great taster of things to come.

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - With Wheel (Wii)  - Wii Remote Not Included
Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing - With Wheel (Wii) - Wii Remote Not Included
Offered by rockaway-records

4.0 out of 5 stars In my opinion it's better than Mario Kart...but you may disagree, 19 Jun. 2010
Although this game is a bit childish I don't find it anywhere near as childish and user friendly as Mario.

This game in my opinion is the best Sega has come up with in a long time. If you grew up with the Saturn, Megadrive or even the Dreamcast than this game is just screaming out at you. I used to play Sonic R alot as a kid so to hear some of the soundtracks from that game while racing is very cool.

The great thing about this game is that you unlock things according to how well you progress through the game. A great addition to this game is the unlockable content and the challenges which help you progress to the gold license.

This game is very similar to Mario Kart in principle but (for me at least) much of the things I hate about Mario Kart haven't been added, like for instance weapons that in my opinion give too much of an advantage to other players. Also there are better tracks on this game...I enjoy most if not all of them, which I cannot say for Mario Kart.

It's just personal preference I guess...you'll prefer Mario Kart or this... either way it's still worth getting this game.

Dead Space: Extraction (Wii)
Dead Space: Extraction (Wii)

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best Wii games yet, 19 Jun. 2010
What can I say about this game?...It blew me away.

The first time I played it I could not believe how fantastic the graphics were considering it was for the Wii. Secondly I was sucked in straight away by it's amazing storyline and in your face action.

I loved the fact I didn't have to walk around, get lost, bored and fustrated before completing a mission.

For those that haven't played it yet this game is a bit like Vitua Cop (Sega Saturn), in as much as you only control where you go at certain points in a level...and even then you don't control the walking.

This game really is a cinematic experience that has been perfected down the the smallest detail.

Enemies aren't a "Peice Of Cake", instead they have to be dismembered or shot in their weak spots. Same goes for the bosses... you don't just keeping pumping lead (perhaps like you do in Virtua Fighter) until they are defeated.

I usually find it easy to pick out bad points in games, but it's extremely hard to find any flaws with this game...in my eyes it is utterly flawless.

9V Wah Wah Electric Guitar Tones Effect FX Pedal
9V Wah Wah Electric Guitar Tones Effect FX Pedal

5.0 out of 5 stars Better then my Morley pedal (which costs a lot more money).., 12 May 2010
As soon as I found this item I had to buy it simply because it was so cheap.

£19.99 for a guitar pedal is great anyway but for a wah pedal it's something else.

I wasn't expecting anything amazing from this pedal because of it's silly price...but my my she can cry.

The pedal generates a lot less feedback than my more expensive Morley and it also sounds a lot more professional.

I would seriously advise any guitar players out their that haven't got one, get one. This price won't last forever.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2011 6:39 PM GMT