Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Amazon Customer (UK)

TOMY Pic 'n' Pop Walker
TOMY Pic 'n' Pop Walker

5.0 out of 5 stars great for toddler!, 21 Feb. 2015
This review is from: TOMY Pic 'n' Pop Walker (Toy)
Great toy that keeps my 16 month old grandson entertained for agesl Well made and fun! :-)

BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow
BT 350 Digital Baby Monitor Lightshow

5.0 out of 5 stars great buy!!, 21 Feb. 2015
A great price for this quality item. Has been sent straight to my daughter...arrived well packaged, in good time. She says it is lovely. Baby not born yet, so not in use as yet.

Mamas and Papas Dream Pod 0 to 6 Months (Pink, Pack of 2)
Mamas and Papas Dream Pod 0 to 6 Months (Pink, Pack of 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars very pleased, 21 Feb. 2015
Excellent transaction. My daughter is very pleased with this 2 pack of sleeping bags. Lovely colour, great quality. Beautiful. Swift delivery through Amazon.

Mens Duffle Coat Wooden Toggles -- Camel -- 44
Mens Duffle Coat Wooden Toggles -- Camel -- 44
Offered by Duffle Coats UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely coat..., 21 Feb. 2015
Excellent buy...brilliant coat. Well made, high quality. Hubby says it is very warm. Looks lovely. Delivered promptly, no problems.

Pedi Spin Foot Care Sets
Pedi Spin Foot Care Sets

3.0 out of 5 stars in a spin with Pedispin, 30 Dec. 2013
Ok so after reading these reviews I wasn't expecting much of the Pedispin that I had asked hubby to buy me. Hadn't tried it as no batteries, but hunted around and found an assortment of value brand batteries, partly used. Because not full power in them, I wasn't very hopeful, but the pedispin started up ok and when I put it against my heel it sounded like a small angle grinder. Other reviewers are correct in that all but the lightest of contact slows or stops the motor. But to be fair, it does say only the gentlest touch required on the front of the packaging. So with weak batteries off I went. Took a few tries to get used to applying the pedispin so that it didn't stop. As the cutters on the filing plate are position around the edge, I used it at an angle. Now I absolutely agree it was nothing like the ad on TV showed, and there is no way it would ever do that sort of removal. I had looked at the ad on YouTube before reading reviews and that is fake skin or a face peel applied to the foot. I have to add I had not soaked my feet first. There are no instructions which is really poor of the manufacturers. Anyway, there was very little in the way of removed skin.. a tiny bit of powdered skin in the base of the filer head ( which is very difficult to take apart, so I resorted to shaking it) but after applying for about five minutes then using the buffer head( which produced more powder like skin dust) my previously hard and cracked skin was indeed very smooth. I also applied both heads to a callous on the side of my big toe, which was noticeably affected, with definite skin removal. At this point the batteries gave up so I will be buying better quality replacements today and having a go at the other foot. I will update this review once done.
So at the moment Iwould say that my foot is definitely smooth, but iI don't know how as hardly any skin removed. It is not as shown in the ad but has done the job, it seems. I had asked for this as I have a problem with both hands that makes the to and fro action of using a foot file or pumice stone very difficult. Using the Pedispin also made my hands go numb, but was able to use it more easily than other methods. More to follow....

Marvin's Magic Svengali Magic Cards
Marvin's Magic Svengali Magic Cards
Offered by The Global Trader

4.0 out of 5 stars Magic!, 3 Mar. 2013
Ordered these for my 11 yr old grandson, who is into card tricks. They arrived quickly and he is very pleased with them. Great quality and makes his tricks easier to perform. Very pleased!

Compatible Epson Stylus SX435W Ink Cartridges 4X Black 4X Cyan 4X Magenta 4X Yellow (16-Pack)
Offered by Mega Deals XL Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent all round, 3 Mar. 2013
I ordered this 16 pack after trying out, and being very pleased with, the 8 pack. The order was placed online on Wednesday afternoon, and received the following morning. I cannot fault them in any way. Will definitely be re-ordering this excellent, value-for-money product!

Compatible Epson Stylus SX435W Ink Cartridges 2X Black 2X Cyan 2X Magenta 2X Yellow (8-Pack)
Offered by Mega Deals XL Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant and cheap!, 25 Feb. 2013
To be honest, at the price wasn't expecting too much, but these cartridges are excellent. Fast delivery, well packaged and no problems replacing at all. Good yield too. Printing quality is fine (only print documents though, so can comment on photos). Just about to place a re-order. Would highly recommend.

Angry Arthur
Angry Arthur
by Hiawyn Oram

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great book!, 11 Jun. 2010
This review is from: Angry Arthur (Paperback)
I work with children with behavioural difficulties- many having problems managing their anger. I bought this book last week and have used it every day this week. Children (and adults too!) love it! The story is ver simple but the pictures provide a wealth of prompts for discussion. How do you know Arthur is angry (by his face, body , folded arms, clenched fists)- How do you feel when you get angry?
Children also love the detailed pictures of the trail of destruction Arthur leaves in his wake.i love the one of his granny sitting on a rocking chair, whizzing through space with a space helmet on, while knitting!
This little book was worth every penny. Showed it to a colleague today,who loved it so much I gave it to her and am just about to buy another copy.
Buy this book- it's great!

Try and Make Me: A Revolutionary Program for Raising Your Defiant Child - without Losing Your Cool
by Ray Levy

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful resource, 6 Jun. 2006
I work with parents and teachers of children with varying degrees of challenging behaviour and recommend this book to all of them. It is written in a no-nonsense, easy to understand way and contains so much common-sense advice. It is useful because it not only points out why some parental approaches don't work, but suggests alternatives that do. It is not condescending or judgemental. I have had to buy several copies of this book over the past few years, since first discovering it, as I have lent it out and have never had it returned! Of all the resources and books I have access to, this is one of the best!