Profile for Shine > Reviews

Pandora's Box: Social and Professional Issues of the Information Age
by Andrew A. Adams
Price: 37.19

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully Written, 18 Feb 2013
This is a great book about the problems in and with IT. Laws and complex information is broken down in an easy to understand format. Clearly written and presented - reading this book made the Professional Issues module in my masters a pleasure.

De'Longhi VV551225 Vento Oil Filled Radiator - 2.5 Kilowatt
De'Longhi VV551225 Vento Oil Filled Radiator - 2.5 Kilowatt

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for winter nights, 18 Feb 2013
I use this in the office when I am working late but do not want to turn on the heating as everyone else in the house complains it gets too hot. Heats up good sized rooms and conservatories very quickly. Ideal as a backup in the winter.

Western Digital MyBook Studio Edition II 2TB Firewire 400 / 800 & eSata External Hard Drive

5.0 out of 5 stars Made for Time Machine, 18 Feb 2013
I loved the idea of having some storage attached to my MBP that I did not need to worry about turning on and off.

The unit powers up when I turn on the MBP and just sits in the background making the storage available for whatever I need.

Prophecy (Slave Empire Book 1)
Prophecy (Slave Empire Book 1)
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome book, 18 Feb 2013
I got this book as it was free and couldn't put my Kindle down until I'd finished. It sets up the reader for the next two books in the trilogy - get it you will not regret it.

Rain Design mStand raise the screen to meet eye level for better posture and view
Price: 43.87

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 18 Feb 2013
I wanted something so I could use the MBP as a second display - this is a simple product that allows that to happen.

The cables are hidden neatly behind the stand and I'm to position the MBP at eye level safe in the knowledge it is not going anywhere.

Elgato Video Capture, Digitise Video for Mac, PC or iPad (USB 2.0), white
Elgato Video Capture, Digitise Video for Mac, PC or iPad (USB 2.0), white
Offered by Appods
Price: 61.77

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy to use, 18 Feb 2013
I have years of home videos on VHS which I wanted to move to DVD to free up space and preserve the memories.

The Elgato is easy to setup and simple to use. I've started to transfer hours of footage onto my HDD and it just works in the background.

It may be more expensive than other products but it is worth it for the simplicity of the workflow.

Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems
Security Engineering: A Guide to Building Dependable Distributed Systems
Price: 33.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Interesting and Well Presented, 18 Feb 2013
I bought this book as it was a text book for my MSc. - I highly enjoyed it, the author helps to present some dry material in a way I found very easy to understand.

It is a book I am now using as reference for any security related topics that I get stuck on.

STM Bags Scout for iPad - Black
STM Bags Scout for iPad - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Great iPad Bag, 18 Feb 2013
If you need something to carry around your iPad then look no further. It is very comfortable and offers excellent protection.

The Crystal Ship (Slave Empire Book 2)
The Crystal Ship (Slave Empire Book 2)
Price: 1.88

4.0 out of 5 stars Highly Addictive, 18 Feb 2013
I bought the first book in the trilogy as it was cheap and I wanted something to read while commuting. In the end I found myself unable to put any of the books down as I wanted to get to the end - very enjoyable.

The Crystal Ship is the second in the trilogy and feels a little weak but when you start the third book everything falls into place.

The Shrike (Slave Empire Book 3)
The Shrike (Slave Empire Book 3)
Price: 1.92