Profile for Mrs. M. McAuley > Reviews

Content by Mrs. M. McAuley

Mrs. M. McAuley "Marti McAuley" (Co. Antrim, N.Ireland)

Awkward Situations for Men
Awkward Situations for Men
by Danny Wallace

5.0 out of 5 stars Great entertainment!, 18 Jun. 2010
I bought this book for my husband to read on the train to work - and ended up reading it first! I loved it - its full of the best observational humour and really easy to read - and plenty of laugh out loud moments.

Definitely well worth buying!

Bearded Tit: A Love Story with Feathers
Bearded Tit: A Love Story with Feathers
by Rory McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious, lovely and really moving!, 7 May 2008
This is a beautiful story - unexpected, superbly written and immensely satisfying! I loved it! I'm a fan of Rory McGrath - he's just hilarious and so cheeky - and as a comedian and a graduate of modern language, the writing was pure comic genius in places. Its touching and earthy. There's suspense and intrigue and romance and surprises! Highly recommended!!!

Frommer's Rome (Frommer's Complete Guides)
Frommer's Rome (Frommer's Complete Guides)
by Darwin Porter

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy book to have in Rome, 28 April 2008
I thought this book was great - extremely useful - used a couple of the restaurant suggestions which were probably not much better than the advice to 'get off the beaten track' (which the restaurants in the book mostly were). The prices quoted for museums and eateries were accurate - and great info on the sights we visited. Well worth buying I think.

Caesar (Masters of Rome)
Caesar (Masters of Rome)
by Colleen McCullough Doctor of Neurophysiology

5.0 out of 5 stars just brilliant!, 25 Oct. 2007
I've had the pleasure of reading all the Masters of Rome series in order one after the other and I've found it a wonderful experience! I love McCullough's style of writing - she makes the whole period come to life and manages to get some great history into her work. Its obvious she's done tremendous research for all these books.

It's also obvious that she's very much in love with Caesar! I'd agree that he was an amazing human being - no doubt - but I have to say I could fall for McCullough's version of him myself - although I doubt he was as squeaky clean as she portrays him!!!

Highly recommended for anyone interested in the Roman republic and in politics in general.