Profile for Beaujinks > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Yellow Wallpaper
The Yellow Wallpaper

5.0 out of 5 stars THE YELLOW WALLPAPER, 12 Feb 2014
I READ THIS BOOK AS PART OF MY STUDY FOR AN ENGLISH DEGREE AND THOUGHT IT VERY INSIGHTFUL AS TO THE WAYS HYSTERIA WAS DEALT WITH DURING THE FIN DE SIECLE, APART FROM THAT IT IS A VERY GOOD STORY DEPICTING ONE WOMAN'S DECENT INTO MADNESS FOLLOWING THE BIRTH OF HER BABY AND HER INCARCERATION IN A ROOM WITH YELLOW WALLPAPER.

Orchard Toys Run, Run, as Fast as you Can!
Orchard Toys Run, Run, as Fast as you Can!

3.0 out of 5 stars Run, Run, as Fast as you Can!, 24 Jan 2014
My older son (12) has tried to play this with my younger son (4) and he is not really interested in it. He just likes the story of the Ginger Bread Man and the pictures appeal to him.

Cluedo
Cluedo
Offered by The Toy Center

4.0 out of 5 stars Cluedo, 24 Jan 2014
This review is from: Cluedo (Toy)
I purchased this for my son who is 12 for Xmas. He really enjoys this game and often plays it when his friends comes to visit.

Tree Fu Tom Magic Sapstone Belt and Holopax
Tree Fu Tom Magic Sapstone Belt and Holopax

1.0 out of 5 stars Tree Fu Tom Magic Sapstone Belt and Holopax, 24 Jan 2014
My son who is 4 yrs old is a big Tree Fu Tom fan and always dances about in time to the music so I thought he would really enjoy this as a Christmas present. He was overjoyed when he took the items out of the packaging but it fell short of what we expected. It is light weight and the holopax is really pointless. The Sapstone belt does light up but he is unable to see it whilst he jumps about, think it may have helped if it made a noise or played music. It has not been played with since Christmas day and I am going to take it to the charity shop.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars The Hunger Games Mockingjay Pin Badge, 9 Dec 2013
I ordered this Mockingjay for my child who is a huge fan of The Hunger Games. I was disappointed when the estimated delivery dates where from 6th Dec to 28th Dec and I paid for them in late November. I emailed the seller when I received notification that it had been dispatched to clarify a date which they were unable to do. They replied saying if it came too late then just return for a refund, but asked if we could bear with them.

It arrived in the post on the 9th Dec so I am really pleased.

I gave it 5 stars because the quality of the badge is really very good, its not flimsy and the pin itself is not too sharp. It looks heavy but it isn't and it was well packaged and beautifully presented in a black velvet pouch. I would recommend the purchasing this product from the seller.

Oasis Women's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display and Silver Bracelet B1152

5.0 out of 5 stars Oasis Women's Quartz Watch with Silver Dial Analogue Display, 6 Dec 2013
This is a lovely watch, I purchased it for myself. I was worried what it would be like because it cost so little (7.88) but I could not have been more surprised. The watch is good quality and looks really good on. The bracelet is really shiny and is good enough to go out in, as well as an every day watch. My wrists are only small so luckily it came with a self adjustment link which you just take out to make it smaller. The box was nice and presentable and the packaging was adequate. It arrived on time. Happy with the my purchase and would recommend it - go on treat yourself!

The Fin de Siècle: A Reader in Cultural History, c.1880-1900
The Fin de Siècle: A Reader in Cultural History, c.1880-1900
by Sally Ledger

5.0 out of 5 stars THE FIN DE SIÈCLE A READER IN CULTURAL HISTORY C. 1880-1900, 1 Dec 2013
Simply love this book, had to get it for uni and it has been a wealth of information, giving pointers to go and research essays and journals to do with my particular topic. So glad it exists its been a god send!

BBC Media Player
BBC Media Player

3.0 out of 5 stars BBC Media Player, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: BBC Media Player (App)
I downloaded the app on my kindle to watch a play for uni. However, I couldn't use it as I needed to download something else for android users. I handed it to my partner to sort out. I missed the seminar workshop on the particular play and I have not used the app since. I will use it again in the future, so as yet I don't have much experience with it to rightly rate it.

King Solomon's Mines (Collins Classics)
King Solomon's Mines (Collins Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars King Solomon's Mines, 23 Mar 2013
I enjoyed this book, full of adventure and a really good read. I would recommend this book to every body

The Secret Agent
The Secret Agent

2.0 out of 5 stars The Secret Agent, 23 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Secret Agent (Kindle Edition)
I didn't finish this book, I didn't enjoy it, it took too long for the story to establish itself and I lost interest.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3