ARRAY(0xb6a08588)

Profile for D. Miller > Reviews

Content by D. Miller

D. Miller "My listening depends on where I am working, the further I drive, the more I listen." (Chesterfield, Derbyshire)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Everything I know about teaching
Everything I know about teaching
by Mr Michael Gove
Price: 4.54

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - a sure fire award winner, 17 Oct 2013
If this excellent tome doesn't win a literary award, I will eat my chalkboard! It proves that at least one politician tells the truth! There is not one lie within the covers! My only regret was that when I met Mr Gove and asked him to sign my copy, his crayon was broken!

I'll Catch You
I'll Catch You
by Jesse Kellerman
Edition: Audio Cassette

2.0 out of 5 stars Annoying voice, 19 Sep 2013
This review is from: I'll Catch You (Audio Cassette)
OK, so I am listening to this book at the moment. I am not sure who is reading it to me, but his voice, when speaking for Arthur makes the man seem like he has nothing to live for. This, in itself is making the book even less enjoyable than it might already have been. From almost the start, I had no idea where this book was going to take me, and half way through, I am still not certain, and not sure that I care. I have read/listened to other of Jesse's books, and never enjoyed them as much as his parents' books. His strategy seems to be completely different to theirs, but that is not a bad thing. I don't like the fictional countries, I'm sure he could have used real ones, no-one is going to check Wikipaedia for verisimilitude! Unlike other writers, none of his characters earn my respect or interest. His daughter is a bitch, he sounds like he wants to end it all, Jamieson has apperared in the middle of the book, but I don't remember him previously (that might be my failing!) All in all, I will probably contuinue to the end because I have no other book to listen to, right now. But I don't think I could muster the energy to actually pick the book up and continue to read it!

TRIXES SIM Card Tray Holder Eject Pin Key for Apple iPhone 3G 3Gs 4 4S 5 Simcard x 2
Offered by Digiflex
Price: 0.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 1 Sep 2013
What can I say? The product works. It ejects the tray holder. It doesn't do the housework, but that wasn't why I purchased it.

Despicable Me Deluxe 9 Inch 3D Minion DAVE Figure Plush Soft Toy collectible -XTRAFUN ESSENTIALS
Offered by Beiuns-Shop
Price: 10.98

1.0 out of 5 stars It arrived............eventually!, 1 Sep 2013
I was sure that the 'site' said that dispatch would be from UK. It was from Hong Kong, and when I gave a bad review I was bombarded by telephone calls from someone who was totally unable to speak English. The product arrived a month, yes A MONTH after I purchased it. This is totally unacceptable! This is the 21st Century! There is no excuse for anything taking that long in this age! In terms of the actual product, it was a gift, and I have not seen it, yet, but I am told that the eyes are not level! Unless you live in East Asia, or don't mind a sub standard item. Or are able to speak Mandarin, or Cantonese (for when you complain!), I'd give these people a very wide berth!

Mother
Mother
Price: 7.39

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing debut solo album from Rentamouth Chick, 23 May 2013
This review is from: Mother (Audio CD)
This long awaited and awesome album should be in the collection of all true Americana lovers. For me, the best tracks, in an album of germs, are the final two, I'd Run Away and Take It On Faith.

I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales from a Happy Life without Kids
I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales from a Happy Life without Kids
by Jen Kirkman
Price: 10.34

5.0 out of 5 stars Subtly Funny Book from Incredibly Funny Jen, 21 April 2013
If you are expecting this book to be roll on the floor, clutch stomach, break wind funny, then maybe you should buy a Farts Joke Book. For me, Jen's book is funny in a 'this could have happened to me, isn't it ironic' sense. As I read through the book, I kept thinking of parallels in my own life, and how, if I had the talent, I could write a book, as well. We all know Jen from Chelsea Lately, After Lately and from her two stand up albums (which ARE roll on the floor funny!) We know that her observations on the world, life and Hollywood are droll. "I Can Barely Take Care Of Myself" is like Jen telling you, over a glass of wine, of her life experiences; what makes her, her, what makes her the comedian we love. It's not as sexually adventuresome as Chelsea's and Heather's books, because, unlike them, Jen's experiences are more about people around her wanting her to breed. It's a life choice that, although she is not trying to, manages to get us to respect and agree with. I know Jen, and her family better after reading this book. I will be able to identify even more with the stories she relates in her stand up routines, when I get the chance to see or purchase the recordings of them. Please write more, Jen!

Catit Senses Grass Garden
Catit Senses Grass Garden
Price: 11.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Needs refreshing, 12 April 2013
This review is from: Catit Senses Grass Garden (Misc.)
OK, so I gave Five Stars because I gave the product the benefit of the doubt, not that there is one. The product arrived , today, and it was very easy to understand the instructions, and it is now. hopefully, growing. What I didn't realise and maybe y'all should take note of, but there is a recommendation that the seeds and the stuff it grows in be replaced every 3 weeks.

Make The Monkey Dance
Make The Monkey Dance
Price: 12.12

5.0 out of 5 stars The Blue Max man made good, 10 Oct 2012
This review is from: Make The Monkey Dance (Audio CD)
The summary at the top of the page mentioned a number of bands Danny was in; they forgot The Blue Max, which Danny formed in the mid 1970's which included Robin Millar, who, I believe, became a prolific record producer, Murray Ward was the bassist, I recall but I forget the name of the drummer. I'm glad that Danny's success went from strength to strength, and I bought this particular album, soon after its release, from Danny's own web site. And, no, I'm not stalker, I used to be his accountant!

Waging Heavy Peace
Waging Heavy Peace
by Neil Young

5.0 out of 5 stars The Man Who Can Do No Wrong, 1 Oct 2012
This review is from: Waging Heavy Peace (Hardcover)
For over 40 years I have loved everything that Neil Young has produced; I may not have liked it all, but I have loved it. If I had the imagination to have declared how I would like this book to have been, this is how it would have been. It's like we are sitting together, in whatever location he wrote each chapter, and we are discussing his life. He writes as he speaks; like Keith and Bob did, but more so. More so, because this is Neil, and Neil does everything his own way! I am trying to take my time in reading this book, because, frankly, I don't want it to end.

Duke & The King
Duke & The King
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 12.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Greatest Hits, 18 July 2012
This review is from: Duke & The King (Audio CD)
I don't think this is a 3rd album from The Duke & The King; it seems to be a kind of greatest hits compilation from the other 2 albums, which are excellent!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3