Profile for Gilaine > Reviews

The Sooty Show: Izzy Whizzy, Let's Get Bizzy! [1991] [DVD]
The Sooty Show: Izzy Whizzy, Let's Get Bizzy! [1991] [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Sooty and Sweep impress the crowds..., 23 July 2007
I own the video version - found it at a garden centre of all places and brought it for my own self.
I let my son (who's three) watch the "live show" (which, btw, I got to see when I was little at my primary school) three months ago.

We still watch it.
every.
single.
day.

(sometimes twice a day)

The only shame about the show is that they cut the sections with Soo. This is parallel to the brilliance of Button Moon.

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC DVD)
The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (PC DVD)

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!!!!, 10 April 2006
It is beautiful, gorgeous - boyfriend has a powerful enough computer that it works like a dream...
It hasn't got that feeling of Morrowind (but then it was the first PC RPG that got me hooked) but maybe I haven't played enough!! Trying to get your speechcraft up is a lot more fun than it was last time and the only thing that I feel annoyed about is that there doesn't seem to be any houses you may join - for me the main quest is left to last, I have too much fun making my character superior to my boyfriend's character.
Just fabulous!!!!
PS - do not expect to be able to maintain a social life if you buy Oblivion, for like Morrowind you could potentially spend over a hundred hours playing the game (if you meander around/away the main quest).

The Actors [DVD] [2003]
The Actors [DVD] [2003]
Dvd ~ Michael Caine

4.0 out of 5 stars Daft, harmless fun!, 10 April 2006
This review is from: The Actors [DVD] [2003] (DVD)
I saw the two names on the box - Michael Caine and Dylan Moran, and I thought "Wow, this could be brilliant!!!" and it had the potential - fabulous cast which many were underused, especially Tom's love interest (sorry, cannot name her off-hand - Lena Headey). This is your basic, I-do-not-want-to-use-a-single-brain-cell-and-could-do-with-a-few-giggles kind of film. The best part of the film is Dylan Moran, why do we not see him more often I do not know, and the worst is Caine dressed as a women - how on earth could anyone be fooled by that costume I have no idea (not that any of the "disguises" really worked either but that was their charm - but that was taking the biscuit). Most outstanding performance; Abigail Iverson (Mary) - one very serious 9 year old.