Profile for Ollivander > Reviews

Content by Ollivander

Ollivander (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7
Magnesium Deficiency: Weight Loss, Heart Disease and Depression, 13 Ways that Curing Your Magnesium Deficiency Can Rejuvenate Your Body (Vitamins and Minerals Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book on an overlooked mineral!, 26 April 2015
Having made several adjustments to my diet and lifestyle after reading the Vitamin D Cure by this author I was really pleased he had this book on Magnesium to add to my collection. I was aware that I was overlooking this mineral in my diet and reading though the list of symptoms realize it is something I need to address. To my astonishment I thought I was covering most of the things my diet doesn't reach with my trusted multivitamin/mineral supplement I always take - yet when I peer at the long list on the bottle this morning magnesium is not on it! A really helpful book which is written in such an approachable manner. At last, a good reason to eat dark chocolate! Well worth getting!

The Vitamin D Cure: 8 Surprising Ways Curing Your Undiagnosed Vitamin D Deficiency Can Revitalize Your Health, Prevent Cancer and Heart Disease, and Help ... Weight (Vitamins and Supplements Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - very informative!, 18 April 2015
I have reached the age where I am at that tipping point - either sort all the various physical issues that have have crept up over time or let them slowly overtake me! This book caught my attention and was definitely worth getting as it highlighted the fact that I am certainly not getting enough of this vitamin and this could well be contributing to my increasing joint pain and sleep problems. It also has made me realize that a problem that has been plaguing my father could well be caused by a lack of Vitamin D. Thorough and well written book - thank you!

Paleo Cooking Recipes: Delicious Paleo Diet Cookbook That's Perfect For All!
Paleo Cooking Recipes: Delicious Paleo Diet Cookbook That's Perfect For All!

5.0 out of 5 stars Delicious!, 16 April 2015
I looked at the sample pages and downloaded the whole book as the recipes looked so fresh and tempting. I do not usually follow the Paleo diet even though I have issues with gluten, but, I do try to cut it out where possible - which makes the recipes in this book perfect for me. The images are really good and inspire you with lovely combinations - the nutritional breakdown is super-handy. Really useful book - thank you!

Cat Crazy
Cat Crazy

5.0 out of 5 stars Cat-tastic!, 15 April 2015
This review is from: Cat Crazy (Kindle Edition)
The pictures and characters in this book are brilliant and made me laugh so much - so definitely worth five stars! The Granny reminds me of a cross between my mother who gets the vacuum out the minute a speck of dust appears, and my mother in law who has cats and the odd bat! This will appeal to all ages from little to large! Great book!

Feline Fascinations: The Adventures of Boris and Olga
Feline Fascinations: The Adventures of Boris and Olga

5.0 out of 5 stars If you love cats - you'll adore this!, 11 April 2015
Wonderful story about a stray kitten called Boris, who, from a tragic beginning, finds a home and a family. This book is full of glorious characters such as his cranky cat 'sister' Olga, a dog called Charlie (with some very dubious dietary habits), and a hilarious bunch of heifers! Told from Boris's point of view, the tale unfolds over the first year of his life in his new home - the author's love of cats really shines through every twist and turn he takes! Crammed with adorable pictures of Boris and his family - if you love cats, you are certainly in for a treat!

Draw a Stickman: EPIC
Draw a Stickman: EPIC

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 11 April 2015
This review is from: Draw a Stickman: EPIC (App)
Oh my - this is brilliant! I don't really like a lot of apps cluttering my kindle but something about this appealed. So clever to draw and name your own character and seconds later it is racing around your screen on a quest to save his (or her) friend. Goodness know what wizardry is involved in making this game but it beats anything my kids have on their iPad hands down!

The 21-Day Minimalist Challenge - learn how to get your life decluttered, simplified & organized (minimalist living, minimalist lifestyle, minimalism made ... budget, minimalism) (21-Day Challenges)

5.0 out of 5 stars Any book which inspires me to have a major clear-out deserves a shout!, 6 April 2015
Any book which inspires me to get up and clear one of the messiest rooms in my house & still keep going deserves a shout.
Excellent time of year to download this and get a boost for that spring cleaning you may have been putting off for several springs (like I have!). This book is a concise, no nonsense kick-start to anyone who has been delaying the inevitable. Yes some of the suggestions are common sense - but I love a good plan to stop me prevaricating and this book is exactly this. Thank you - I am off to fill a few more bin bags!

The Truth About Low Back Pain: Strength, mobility and pain relief without drugs, injections or surgery

5.0 out of 5 stars This should be your first stop for buying a comprehensive book on low back pain., 5 April 2015
Totally agree with some of the other reviews - this should certainly be your first stop for buying a comprehensive book on low back pain. I could not believe how much detail, case examples, and research the author has packed into the book. Dr Permar writes with great authority on the subject and I found myself wishing his clinic was just around the corner from me as myself and several other family members are plagued by recurring back problems. This book is certainly the next best thing. It explains current treatments being offered, details the anatomy and function of the lumbar spine and the factors which contribute to back pain. The section of self diagnosis/examination is brilliant in helping you pin-point your problem so that you can adopt the (well photographed) appropriate exercises. On top of this, for those uncertain about some of the positions, there are even links taking you to how-to videos. Really excellent. Thank you!

Budget Cooking for One - Book Two: Recipes for One - The Art of Cooking for Yourself

5.0 out of 5 stars Budget Cooking For One - Thank you - A really good buy!, 4 April 2015
Reading this book I have the sense I am being given access to a treasure trove of well-loved family recipes. The author clearly knows her stuff being the mother of 5 grown-up sons who all know how to cook! Preparing a meal on a budget for one is most definitely an art - making the effort and finding the inspiration is difficult rather than resorting to a sandwich, or worse, the biscuit jar as I often do when I am on my own! Particularly love the Parmesan Chicken Goujons and the Chicken and Couscous Soup. Yum. Thank you - great book!

Mega.Deals4U® - PU Leather Flip Card Wallet Case For SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 SIII MINI GT i8190 INCLUDING STYLUS PEN + SCREEN PROTECTOR + CLEANING CLOTH (Purple)
Offered by Mega.Deals4U®

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value - Fab colour!, 4 April 2015
Excellent value for the price and the color goes beautifully with my phone. It really does the job!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7