Profile for Ollivander > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
Out Of Time
Out Of Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended - five stars!, 5 Oct 2014
This review is from: Out Of Time (Kindle Edition)
Wow what a captivating story - it has it all going on, time travel, fab plot, well developed characters, family squabbles and foodie heaven! I was initially attracted by the cover but was delighted to find the book behind it was even better. The author writes with such confidence and humour I am afraid I neglected the housework and several family meals as I just had to get to the end! I really hope there is a sequel....

Your Introverted Power: An Introverts Guide to Leveraging Your Quiet Internal Power and Strengths to Succeed in an Extrovert Dominated World

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating book!, 4 Oct 2014
This book is the reason I love browsing for books on my kindle - it gives me the opportunity to discover great topics that I would not find just nosing through bookshelves. I had never considered myself or my husband as introverts - yet having read this I realize we are indeed. Our reluctance to go out - to the exasperation of friends and family - is wonderfully detailed and I am relieved to discover 'normal'. How amazing to realize that it is ok to be by myself and not in social situations I don't enjoy. This book has given me a much needed insight into what it is to be an introvert - thank you so much!

The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)
The Deep and Snowy Wood (Christmas Picture Book)

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical!, 4 Oct 2014
Beautiful illustrations and timeless story - found the whole book magical! Love the way the words curve round or within the pictures which make them more approachable for younger readers rather than a block of 'scary looking' text. Perfect book - thank you:)

How to Steal Like an Author: Success in Writing Books Through Increased Creativity

5.0 out of 5 stars This is good stuff, 2 Oct 2014
Oh my, if you were to buy just one book on how to ignite, capture, and channel your creativity into writing it should be this one.

The author has clearly spent some time researching and writing this book and it shows. The first half of the book is brimming with ideas and ways to alter your perspective and draw from everything around you to make it your own. The second half details methods to get your book down on paper, polish, publish and market it. So many suggestions were pertinent to projects I am currently working on I had to stop several times to test some out. Thank you - this has become my reference book of choice!

Get More Energy Naturally: 21 Easy Ways to Boost Your Daily Energy Level - Get More Done and Have More Fun!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get More Energy Naturally - Five Stars!, 20 Sep 2014
I downloaded this book almost a week ago and have already put it into good use. I have been feeling really run down and this great little book has reminded me of some bad habits I need to kick into touch and given me some new ideas to incorporate into my daily routine. It is so easy to assume your body can keep going whatever you put it through I have found out that there will be a day of reckoning at some point! If you lack energy and don't know where to start this is really recommended reading.

Converting to Judaism: How to Become a Jew (an Introduction to Judaism and Being Jewish)

5.0 out of 5 stars An invaluable introduction to converting to Judaism., 17 Sep 2014
This is a really fascinating perspective into Judaism for anyone considering conversion, or, like me wanting to understand more about the Jewish religion. It clearly spells out the pros and cons without giving a 'glossy' ideal and really emphasizes the determination required to be accepted into the faith. Nonetheless, the beliefs and practices are captivating and I can appreciate the Jewish faith with far more insight than before.

Children's Book:HEY SHEEP LET ME SLEEP:(Bedtime Story eBooks)Values book(Action & Adventure)kids book Series(Illustrated:3-8)Growing Up & Facts of Life(Beginner ... Books for Early / Beginner Readers 4)

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful bedtime book!, 17 Sep 2014
Lovely bedtime story with beautiful illustrations which are not too bright and garish to wake the little ones up again - yet just enough splashes of colour to keep the interest going right up to the last sheep!

100 X SHEETS BLANK WHITE A4 LABELS 4 PER SHEET L7169 J8169
100 X SHEETS BLANK WHITE A4 LABELS 4 PER SHEET L7169 J8169
Offered by PolyPostalBags

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product!, 15 Sep 2014
Brilliant quality and value. Really do the job at a faction of the cost. Thank you!

The Secret Missing Links of The Law of Attraction.: The habits that keep you poor and a step by step guide to conquer them and get the life you rightly deserve?

5.0 out of 5 stars A real help - thank you!, 15 Sep 2014
I am a LOA 'newbie' so this book is a really great introduction to the subject. As I work for myself, self doubt crops up with regularity and it is indeed like a 'monkey on my shoulder' slowing me down and leaving me shattered by the end of the week. I love the clear and concise way this book gets straight to the heart of the matter - perfect for my limited spare time and shredded nerves. If I take just a few of the suggestions in this book and implement them I have no doubt these will shift my perspective and make a world of difference. This is a fascinating subject - thank you so much!

The Jewel Box
The Jewel Box

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Jewel Box!, 13 Sep 2014
This review is from: The Jewel Box (Kindle Edition)
I absolutely loved this book. I normally prefer crime fiction but the cover of this book intrigued me and I was soon hooked by the amazing adventures of the main character 'Cherie'.

What is astonishing is that this appears to be the author's first novel yet it is delivered with the skill and confidence of a longstanding author. An edgy, sassy account of a young woman's life in Houston spanning several decades from the late 60's. It gives a colorful account of her life, loves and friends she encounters on her way. I really enjoyed the references to all the great music and books that were the ever changing backdrop to Cherie's passage through the decades. Brilliant!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4