Profile for Ollivander > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Exquisite and Immaculate Grace of Carmen Espinoza
The Exquisite and Immaculate Grace of Carmen Espinoza
Price: 1.81

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical - from the beautiful cover to the last full stop., 26 May 2014
I was initially attracted to this book by the cover but was delighted to find the story was even more beguiling - beautifully written and bittersweet. I am tempted to get some as hard copies (if available) and give as gifts to my friends. It is that good.

Kids Books: "Fantina, The SLY Genie" (Middle-Grade Chapter Books and Fantasy and Magic Books with Stories for Kids Ages 8-10) (A Genie M.A.G.I.C. Book)
Price: 2.14

5.0 out of 5 stars Magic story!, 25 May 2014
We have read and enjoyed a few Naughty Nico books before and so were thrilled when this new series started. Excellent for confident younger readers or to read along together. The ending is cool as it hints at all the new adventures the 'Club' will go on - can't wait - keep writing fast!

Clown (Red Fox Picture Books)
Clown (Red Fox Picture Books)
by Quentin Blake
Price: 4.96

5.0 out of 5 stars What a beautiful book:), 27 Feb 2014
I don't really like clowns but when I saw a documentary on Quentin Blake and he mentioned this book, I was tempted to order a copy. He is such an amazing illustrator - achieving a such a lovely story through pictures alone is inspirational. His clown character is adorable, quite unlike any I have previously encountered. Perfect for a bedtime reading and you can ad-lib to your heart's content without being corrected!

St. Patrick's Day Recipes: Celebrating Authentic Irish Cuisine
St. Patrick's Day Recipes: Celebrating Authentic Irish Cuisine
Price: 3.08

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for preparing a Feast for St Patrick's Day or even when the In-Laws are coming round!, 26 Feb 2014
This is a very well written recipe book crammed with ideas to prepare a celebratory meal, or, in my case to impress my mother-in-law (who is Irish). I was pleased to spot this amongst the kindle recipe books on offer and think I will be earning a few gold stars when I introduce some of these dishes at family gatherings. There are loads of great combinations and pictures to inspire many different meals and handy shopping lists to make it all as easy as possible. Thank you - really useful!

MORE True Time Travel Stories: Amazing Real Life Stories in The News (Time Travel Books Book 2)
Price: 1.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Mind boggling!, 20 Feb 2014
I really enjoyed reading this book as it serves to remind me of the possibilities that are out there. I often wonder what my life would have been like if I had made a different decision at several key points in my life - therefore it was fascinating to read about the Many Worlds theory: the thought that everyone has doppelgangers leading other lives of the decisions they did NOT take is rather wonderful!

The Evil Pond: Legend Of The Golden Warrior
The Evil Pond: Legend Of The Golden Warrior
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Papa G makes even the dullest fishtank exciting!, 6 Feb 2014
I am such a Papa G fan. I originally bought this for my son but ended up reading this and everything else this author has written myself! Great fun, it has made me look at our fishtank in a whole new light:)

BILLY WILD HAIR SOAP & GLORY SCULPTING PUTTY 100ML MAN BRAND NEW
BILLY WILD HAIR SOAP & GLORY SCULPTING PUTTY 100ML MAN BRAND NEW
Offered by at Mr Cosmetics (UK Based Seller)
Price: 5.99

5.0 out of 5 stars My son's favourite!, 6 Feb 2014
I cannot find this anywhere except for online now but it is worth the hassle as my son absolutely loves the stuff! His hair always seems to stay where he puts it without any lumps (or shiny, slimy bits..) and the smell is wonderful.

Bolle Mojo Ski Goggles - Black, Medium
Bolle Mojo Ski Goggles - Black, Medium
Price: 24.95

5.0 out of 5 stars The first pair of goggles that have worked for me!, 6 Feb 2014
This review is from: Bolle Mojo Ski Goggles (Sports)
Great, clear perspective of the slopes in snow/rain or sunshine. Normally I find ski goggles blur the definition of the snowline and end up going without, but these and a cerise tinted pair we got by Bolle were brill. Highly recommend.

The Stolen Kingdom
The Stolen Kingdom
Price: 0.00

5.0 out of 5 stars Kept me up all night!, 28 Jan 2014
I am often looking for good books to suggest to my children in the YA category and initially downloaded this book as the cover caught my eye rather than the storyline. However. The book had me riveted from the second page and I had to keep going, foregoing much needed sleep, until I had finished. Needless to say I have now passed it to the children to read but it is equally great for adults. Mr Rosenfeld truly has a gift for storytelling.

Kids Books: "Action on the Roof" (Children Books and Bedtime Stories; Comic Books and Action and Adventure Stories for Kids, Beginner Readers Ages 6-8) (The Adventures of Naughty Nico Book 4)
Price: 2.20

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fun read!, 27 Jan 2014
My children really enjoyed reading this, it had a good story and lots of colourful pictures to help them visualise all the comings and goings on the roof. Highly recommended!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3