Profile for Clare D. > Reviews

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Eyeshadow Water Lily 0.57g
Bare Escentuals bareMinerals Eyeshadow Water Lily 0.57g
Offered by Faith Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality product, 12 Jan 2014
These eye shadows are as good as you would expect from a brand like Bare Minerals. Highly pigmented and with great staying power. Recommended,.

DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE
DANISH DESIGN KUMFY KRADLE-WIDE
Offered by VetnPet

5.0 out of 5 stars One happy cat!, 12 Jan 2014
We have had various cradles like this before but this one is wider than previous purchases which is just as well as our cat is quite a big lad! Very happy - nice sturdy design - he loves it.

Desperately Seeking Susan [DVD] [1985]
Desperately Seeking Susan [DVD] [1985]
Dvd ~ Rosanna Arquette
Offered by MusicnMedia

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy memories, 1 Dec 2013
I bought this for my daughter to introduce her to the 80s films I lived when they first came out. Brought back many happy memories of a more innocent era!!

Profoot Super Sport Moulded Arch/Heel Support Women Pr
Profoot Super Sport Moulded Arch/Heel Support Women Pr
Offered by Wholesale UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Sweet relief!, 1 Dec 2013
Very comfortable and helpful in combating the painful symptoms of plantar fasciitis. No complaints at all. I can recommend them.

Lifeventure Body Wallet - Waist -
Lifeventure Body Wallet - Waist -
Offered by Sub Zero Store

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin!, 1 Dec 2013
I bought this to use on holiday in India. It was fine - despite the catch looking flimsy, it held together well the whole time. One word of warning, Rupee notes are quite long and were too big to be put into the belt without folding them. This made it bulkier than it would otherwise have been but it was still not obvious under clothing.

L'Amour Actually: Falling in Love in the Heart of France
L'Amour Actually: Falling in Love in the Heart of France

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun and folie in France!, 14 Aug 2013
I've just finished this - the perfect holiday read! Melanie Jones has written a witty tale which fairly gallops along with more twists and turns than an Alpine pass. I'm hoping for a sequel as there is definitely unfinished business for her heroine!

Karlsson Calendar Flip Clock - Bubble White
Karlsson Calendar Flip Clock - Bubble White

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent purchase!, 2 July 2012
Like many other reviewers, I bought this clock for my 89 yr old mum who frequently gets confused about which day it is. I think it's fab and, more importantly, so does she. I'm not sure why other people found the set up so difficult because I had no trouble slotting the batteries in and setting the time/day etc.

Yes, it's pricey and yes the construction could be a little less flimsy but it's the best thing I've come across in this category and if my mum's happy, I'm happy so for me anyway, it's been worth every penny.

Cuisinart Professional Ice Cream Maker
Cuisinart Professional Ice Cream Maker

4.0 out of 5 stars Efficient but noisy, 24 Sep 2010
I specifically wanted an all-in-one ice cream maker and did quite a lot of research before buying the Cuisinart model. It's really good and makes delicious ice cream - it's just that it's incredibly noisy in the process. A bit of a shame - it would have got 5 stars if it had been quieter.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 24, 2010 7:13 PM BST

Meltdown
Meltdown
by Ben Elton

2.0 out of 5 stars Another rant..., 23 Sep 2010
This review is from: Meltdown (Paperback)
The problem with this book is that you are never able to forget that it is Ben Elton who wrote it. His voice comes over loud and clear and he just can't resist the urge to a) rant -just the way he used to do on his TV programmes (in the days when he was on TV - thankfully not seen so much these days) and b) show off his political knowledge and leanings. This made for whole pages which I just flipped over because I was so bored with yet more tedious diatribes about the Tory government in the 80s all written using the rather clumsy device of nostalgia. It was really quite formulaic and the ending seemed rushed - what ever happened to the book that Jimmy was supposedly writing? None of the characters felt fully fleshed out and the whole thing was disappointing and felt like a cynical exercise in bashing out another book to make a quick buck.

Desire
Desire
by Louise Bagshawe

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible..., 9 Aug 2010
This review is from: Desire (Paperback)
This is the first Louise Bagshawe book I have read and I'm afraid it will be the last. The storyline is implausible, the characters wooden and improbably perfect or just bad enough to be appealing (supposedly). The baddies are straight out of central casting and the amount of convenient coincidences defy belief. It's also inconsistent (the main character cuts her hair short to disguise herself but shortly afterwards is tying it back).

Ms Bagshawe also uses a tryly irritating amount of Americanisms which just sound stupid. For example "gotten" appears more than once and one of the characters whines that "I went to the bathroom on myself"!!!! Whaaat?

Sorry, but for me, this book was more Dire than Desire.

Page: 1 | 2