Profile for Jen Hen's Pen > Reviews

Content by Jen Hen's Pen

Jen Hen's Pen (Cambridge UK)

Stuff (Modern Dreams)
Stuff (Modern Dreams)

5.0 out of 5 stars wowza — this is just brilliant, 20 Nov. 2014
Brilliant novella from a fabulous writer! Stefan Mohamed is a born writer and the book oozes talent. An absolute bargain and a great introduction to Salt's Modern Dreams!

Selected Homme Jeans Bristoles crew neck Men's Jumper Ginger bread X-Large
Selected Homme Jeans Bristoles crew neck Men's Jumper Ginger bread X-Large

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 2 Jan. 2013
Just my kind of jumper. You can wear it every day of the week. Sleep in it. Take showers in it. Use it as a sleeping bag/pillow/cushion. In fact, I never take it off.

British Duffle Men's Long Duffle Coat - Charcoal BDMCHA001 - 44
British Duffle Men's Long Duffle Coat - Charcoal BDMCHA001 - 44
Offered by Country Attire UK - FREE DELIVERY

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 2 Jan. 2013
Terrific duffle coat. Love it. Fits like a glove, stylish, warm and makes me feel like I'm at the helm of a 1935 steamer heading to the North Atlantic. Or maybe to Sarah Jayne's for a fish supper.

Philips PPA1160 Cable for iPhone/iPad
Philips PPA1160 Cable for iPhone/iPad

1.0 out of 5 stars Cable doesn't work with Philips Pico Pix, 2 Jan. 2013
This item does not connect to Philips Pico Pix. Don't buy it. The software guidance to the Pico Pix interface is incorrect, too.

Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator
Gelert Double Flock Airbed inc Inflator

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to inflate & comfortable & good value., 23 Aug. 2009
I've just returned from a week's camping, sleeping on this very airbed, and I am pleased to report that I was very happy with it -- it was comfortable and good value for money. The built-in pump is easy to use (even my 12 year old could do it) and the bed was comfortable to sleep on. The flock covering stopped the sheet sliding off, which was welcomed. We needed to pump more air in every couple of days, but this took only a few minutes and wasn't a bother. We all slept well -- which was a big relief as it increases the chances of my husband camping again!

Coleman Hampton Double Sleeping Bag
Coleman Hampton Double Sleeping Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm and cosy -- thoroughly recommended, 23 Aug. 2009
I have just returned from a week's camping -- our first time away in a tent. My husband was very reluctant to go and I bought this thinking that if he got a decent sleep, it might just help him decide that camping's not that bad afterall. I had never heard of double sleeping bags and had no idea if it would work for us (my husband is much larger than me). Really, his opinion counts here on this product, as he is camping's biggest critic. And I am happy to declare that he, like me, loved this sleeping bag. We were never cold in it (we just wore normal nightware and it got really cold at night outside) -- it was warm and comfortable and roomy enough for us both. Not big enough though to accommodate the dog too, which I was pleased about, but she wasn't. It really doesn't feel like being in a sleeping bag as the material is very soft, and there are zips down each side, so both people can choose how much air they want in or whether they want the zip up to their chin or their feet sticking out.

If you are thinking of getting a double sleeping bag, you will be delighted with this one. Really, truly.

Isabella Moon
Isabella Moon
by Laura Benedict

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Page Turner, 3 Feb. 2008
This review is from: Isabella Moon (Hardcover)
Mystery and crime are two genres that I must admit to not having read for many years, but what better re-introduction to them could there be than Laura Benedict's 'Isabella Moon'.

Set in small town America, Laura Benedict brings not only her characters to life, but also the community in which they live, and she weaves a plot so compelling that I was quite literally unable to put the book down. The plot takes twists and turns and includes a ghost, which I admit I was rather skeptical about when I read the blurb, but the author makes this work and I found myself dreading her every appearance!

This book is a joy to read, but by no means a comfortable ride - there are some very dark characters here and events towards the story's climax still leave me feeling out of sorts weeks later. But that is a sure sign of a good book, and this book most certainly is that.

This is a marvelous debut novel by Laura Benedict - I hope we'll be seeing a lot more from her into the future.

All Shall be Well; and All Shall be Well; and All Manner of Things Shall be Well
by Tod Wodicka

5.0 out of 5 stars Read this book!, 3 Dec. 2007
This is a wonderfully unusual book that takes you into the mind of Burt, a mediaeval re-enactor, the people around him who have to put up with his ways, and Burt's constant torment at having to cope with the modern world. I found myself laughing at Burt, feeling desperately sorry for him, frustrated with him and appalled at some of his behaviour and beliefs, but overall I was absolutely delighted to have made his acquaintance. This is a book I would definitely recommend to anyone who wants to read something slightly out of the ordinary - it is beautifully written and you'll find Burt a difficult character to forget!

Life Is Ridiculous
Life Is Ridiculous
by Valerie Fausone

5.0 out of 5 stars A life-enriching read., 2 Dec. 2007
This review is from: Life Is Ridiculous (Paperback)
I just loved Valerie Fausone's book - life certainly IS ridiculous, but this book will help you see that it is also precious and there to be enjoyed and appreciated in all of its absurdities. I laughed and cried my way through these pages: one slice of life on stepmotherhood led me to tears (happy ones!); a few pages on, another piece on procrastination made me bellow with laughter in the doctor's waiting room (much to my son's embarrassment - Valerie would approve!): "If procrastinators had a magazine, it'd be called "Psychology Tomorrow'. It would be a flop because nobody would get around to reading any of it." Wonderful! This is one of those books that you dip into at random, never quite knowing what you're going to find, but safe in the knowledge that you'll not be disappointed. I couldn't put it down and never wanted it to end, but I know that I'll keep going back to it, and I also know that from now on I'll never look the world in the eye in quite the same way.