Profile for Harriet Frayling > Reviews

Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml
Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist 10 ml
Price: 15.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit expensive, but it works!, 13 Jun 2014
I was taught that spraying anything in the direction of your eyes was considered to be 'A BAD THING' and that you shouldn't do it, unless you wanted to go blind or make your eyes shrivel up or something. Turns out, you can spray this stuff on your eyelids and feel like you're lying to everyone about how tired you really are, as not long after misting your peepers, the suitcases under your eyes look less like you're taking a gap year to Thailand, and more like you're going on a weekend break to the Cotswolds.

I spend a lot of my time not sleeping due to feeling that sleep really cuts into my time spent being sarcastic on the internet, so this kind of product is great for concealing the fact I don't think I have slept more than two hours consecutively in about a month.

I did feel like it worked, my eyes felt moisturised and sparkly, but I did have to reapply every 4-5 hours or so to retain the results.

The spray is pretty easy to use, just point the business end at your eyes and close them, and spray 1 or 2 times. Job done. Swings and roundabouts though, because it smells really, really weird, though thankfully not permanently, the smell does dissipate after a while. Once you get over that initial shock...the instructions did warn of a 'slight odour' but that seems in retrospect like an understatement.

The price is contentious. 15.99 is utter insanity for something like this, and even after price checking and finding it for as low as 11.99, that is still completely out of most peoples price range, considering eye drops are usually under 5. Is this because of the spray bottle? Are Optrex making them from diamonds or something? If it wasn't for the price, this would be a 5 star review!

I guess if you're going to spray something at your face, let it be Optrex Eye Revive Moisture Mist...if you have the money to spare.

Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Scholl Velvet Smooth Pedi Electric Hard Skin Remover
Price: 21.59

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and gentle powertool for your dry, cracked heels!, 6 May 2014
Disclosure - I received this product as part of a BzzAgent Campaign.

Now, I wouldn't normally be the first gal in line for what looks like an 80 grit angle grinder for your feet, but I was pleasantly surprised at the efficiency and gentleness of the Smooth Express Pedi.

The device itself is easy to hold with a comfortable grip and a bit of weight in the back, (most likely due to those 4 AA batteries). The sound is...well, a little loud is an understatement. Just turning the thing on caused my cats to take flight and seek refuge in the nearest available hiding place. Not a subtle way of maintaining beautiful feet, but it does do the job, even though it's on the noisy side, which is why I took off a star - it's just too loud!

I had a moderate amount of hard, dead skin on my feet - nothing painful but nonetheless unsightly and something I wasn't keen on showing off via sandals or backless shoes. The Express Pedi buffs off the dead skin quite easily, and by using the Intense Serum afterwards, after a few uses my heels were looking much softer and way more supple than they were before. I definitely recommend using the Serum after, it both smells lovely and really does rehydrate those dry heels very rapidly.

I am likely to continue using the Express Pedi every other day, to maintain these beautiful heels!

Canon PIXMA MP230 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)
Canon PIXMA MP230 All-in-One Colour Printer (Print, Scan and Copy)

4.0 out of 5 stars Arrived earlier than expected!, 27 Nov 2012
Bought for 34.61 on 23 Nov, tarckjing said it would be here tomorrow but it arrived today!

Didn't come with the USB printer cable, luckily we already had one.

Easy to set up, the instructions were very clear, comes with two ink cartridges, black and colour; but they won't last long, as they're usually just enough to test some pages and get a few things printed before they run out. Bargain price for the printer though!

SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS (PACK OF 12)
SCREEN/LCD SCRATCH PROTECTOR For Apple iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS (PACK OF 12)
Offered by TEEPEE ONLINE
Price: 2.49

4.0 out of 5 stars Works as intended, 11 Feb 2012
Took me two tries to get the protector on, had to open another one, but the second time was the charm, as long as you're slow and careful when you put them on, they don't get bubbles in.

Great price, and there's lots of them in the pack so you have plenty.

Flip Magnetic Close Leather Protective Skin Case Cover for iPhone 3G/3GS
Flip Magnetic Close Leather Protective Skin Case Cover for iPhone 3G/3GS
Offered by Gadgetsonline
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Really good phone case, little slow on the delivery, 8 Feb 2012
Positive points:
*Really elegant, classic look, feels very solid and sturdy, which is what you want to protect your iPhone, really.
*Has holes for the speakers, headphone jack and volume buttons, there's no messing about trying to push buttons through a rubber case or anything.
*Easy access to the screen, and the magnetic flip top is really nice.
*Bargain price, for a quality case.

Negative points:
*The delivery took a long time, I placed my order on the 11 January and didn't receive it until almost a month later. I did get an email from the seller explaining why, so I wasn't too upset about waiting.
*It's not real leather, it's faux leather, but at least it's easier to keep clean than real leather!

All in all, I'd say that you get what you pay for in terms of delivery time, but it's still a bargain and it's still a really good case!