Profile for G. Newbolt > Reviews

Content by G. Newbolt

G. Newbolt (Cheshire, Britain)

John
John
by Cynthia Lennon

5.0 out of 5 stars such a sad and enlightening story and without a single doubt well worth the read, 18 July 2006
This review is from: John (Hardcover)
Having not been alive during the beatlemania and knowing very little about the band I love so much this book was a heaven sent. I did not put it down from the moment it came through my door. By the time I had finished I was extremly grateful to Cynthia for writing her tale as it cleared so many things about John that had been smothered in rumour and I learnt so much about the man I admire. Although some of it is hard to read as she reveals the less well known often disparaging side of John, but she writes with such strength of character and I have nothing but admiration for her. I feel such sadness that we will never hear John's side of the story, and as probably predicted Cynthia's story may well be in some parts one sided. But we must understand that in any situation a divorce is hard but what she went through with Julian in those circumstances is admirable to say the least. But, without a doubt this is an amzing read for any John Lennon fan and as one of the younger ones I may say that is a great way to finmd out more.