Profile for Wumpty > Reviews

Content by Wumpty

Wumpty (Stourbridge, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Beyond Knowing: Mysteries and Messages of Death and Life from a Forensic Pathologist

5.0 out of 5 stars Very, very interesting, 13 Nov. 2014
This is a book that makes you think! It's a book that, in parts, makes you cry! It's a book that once you start reading you don't want to stop. I'm very glad that I purchased this, and I highly recommend it.

Fish Mate Pond Pump 700
Fish Mate Pond Pump 700
Offered by POND SUPPLIES UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Small, 22 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Fish Mate Pond Pump 700
From the reviews and description I purchased this as a replacement of another filter that had broken. Whilst the filter itself looks to be of good quality, it is small!
I have a small pond which I thought this would be ideal, fairly clean and well kept, but after only a day i looked at the pond to discover about 5 inches of water at the bottom, which was a surprise. on taking the pump out to fill the pond back up (hoping there wasn't a leak) I saw the filter blocked...this didn't happen on my other filter!
So, I can only presume that in someway with the filter blocked, it sprayed water out of the pond onto the surrounding area! Fortunately the fish were okay! Needless to say, the filter won't be going back in and I wil purchase another
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Sep 28, 2014 10:06 PM BST

Morphy Richards Accents 43960 Filter Jug Stainless Steel Kettle 1.2 Litres - 3 KW - Brushed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but heavy!, 14 July 2014
A good replacement kettle that seems (at the moment, anyway) well built.
That said, for anyone that isn't as strong as they used to be, when full, this kettle is heavy; whether that's to do with the filter inside, I don't know, but compared to my old one (which held more water, and no filter and made of stainless steel), it's heavy.
Also, the filter seems to require changing frequently, which may prove expensive in the long run!

Judge Set of 6 Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters - TC198
Judge Set of 6 Heart Shaped Cookie Cutters - TC198
Offered by Harts Of Stur

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 14 July 2014
They do exactly what they're supposed to do...cut heart shapes! Can't really say much more than that really.

Life on Mars - BBC Series 1 (New Packaging) [Blu-ray]
Life on Mars - BBC Series 1 (New Packaging) [Blu-ray]
Dvd ~ John Simm
Offered by b68solutions

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 14 July 2014
What can you say...as fresh now as it was when first aired. Would recommend this DVD to anyone. I wish Gene Hunt was patrolling the streets...they'd be a lot better!

Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit
Kärcher WV60 Window Vac - Window Cleaning Vacuum Kit

5.0 out of 5 stars Effortless...but, 14 Jun. 2014
Effortless...but remember, this is just a glorified bucket of water and squeegee!
That said, I'm really pleased that I bought the window vac. I cleaned the windows of the entire house in about 20 minutes, which is fantastic. With conventional cleaning methods it was a chore...spray, wipe, buff...have I missed a bit, etc., etc., but with this it's simply a case of spray and 'hoover' and jobs done! I did find though, whilst it hovered 99% of the wet up, around the corners I did have to use a chamois to finish off, but a very, very small price to pay.
Overall, an excellent product that does save time!

LTP WAXWASH (1 Litre)
LTP WAXWASH (1 Litre)
Offered by Natural Flooring & Tiles

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 1 Jun. 2014
This review is from: LTP WAXWASH (1 Litre) (Misc.)
A really great product that cleans well. A little goes a long way! Will definitely get this again in the future

4 x 40W Neff Bosch Siemens AEG Hotpoint 240V SES E14 OVEN COOKER BULB LAMP 300° Suitable for all these Brand Cookers,
Offered by Find A Spare Ltd

2.0 out of 5 stars Price good, but...., 11 May 2014
Since my last post in which I said that after a short time of putting the first bulb in, it blew, the subsequent bulb has also blown after a very, very short space of time, of infrequent use!
So, will use the remaining two bulbs up, but after that I will go back to buying genuine spare parts...they may initially cost more, but they last!

TP-Link TL-WA750RE 150Mbps Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender/Wi-Fi Booster (WPS function,Easy Configuration)

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 May 2014
What can I say...brilliant!
Wanted something due to various things not picking up Virgin's super(joke) hub's signal in the kitchen, or at least intermittently, which was annoying to say the least.
Looked at all the options, read the reviews and picked this one. All I can say is...I'm glad I did.
Very easy to set up/pair with the hub, you can then move it to wherever and it still works. So now, my phone, computer and Cocktail Audio X10 (which I use in the kitchen and prior, had between 1 and 2 bars, on a good day) now have the full bars lit up.
Highly reccommended

Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan
Kitchen Craft Deluxe Cast Iron 24cm Round Plain Grill Pan

4.0 out of 5 stars Good solid product, but..., 13 Mar. 2014
A good sturdy (and heavy) pan, that seems as though it will last and last but...

The handle is VERY small, about 4", which for the weight of the pan, to me, is a little too small and could do with being a little bigger.

As others say, and as the information with the pan says, being made of cast iron the handle gets hot and you will need oven gloves or something, to handle it with and or to move it off the hob. Again, with the weight aspect of it, I feel that a stubby handle of some description should have been cast opposite (the main handle) to aid lifting, etc, especially with the size of the main handle.

Other than those couple of minor points, this is a really good item and for the price, worth the money.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6