Profile for Susan Blake > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Paradise Found: That Second Chance, Book 4
Paradise Found: That Second Chance, Book 4

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 18 Jun. 2016
OK as a holiday read but I didn't find the main character very believable.

A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)
A Man of Some Repute (A Very English Mystery Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 18 Jun. 2016
A well written and enjoyable detective story. I bought the sequel as soon as I finished this one.

Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)
Allegiant (Divergent Book 3)

3.0 out of 5 stars I really liked the first two books but I was disappointed with ..., 13 Mar. 2016
I really liked the first two books but I was disappointed with how the story ended. I also found it difficult to distinguish between the two characters as the point of view swapped from chapter to chapter, I have read other books where the swap was done better.

Gemporia Jewellery Auctions
Gemporia Jewellery Auctions

3.0 out of 5 stars ... work properly and generally the display is not as good as their web page or with the android version ..., 13 Mar. 2016
This review is from: Gemporia Jewellery Auctions (App)
One of the links doesn't work properly and generally the display is not as good as their web page or with the android version of the app.

Why Do I Do That?: Psychological Defense Mechanisms and the Hidden Ways They Shape Our Lives

4.0 out of 5 stars An interesting read but I didn't really identify with a ..., 13 Mar. 2016
An interesting read but I didn't really identify with a most of the defence mechanisms, so it wasn't personally helpful. It did give me an insight into some other people I know.

Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers
Fire Tablet, 7" Display, Wi-Fi, 8 GB (Black) - Includes Special Offers

4.0 out of 5 stars This works well and is good value for money, 13 Mar. 2016
This works well and is good value for money. I get it as a gift and I think I was getting my own tablet I would go for a bigger screen. Also, the number of apps is limited. I can't use my Chromecast or Hotmail on it.

Every Good Endeavour: Connecting Your Work to God's Plan for the World
Every Good Endeavour: Connecting Your Work to God's Plan for the World

5.0 out of 5 stars A great book. Lots of food for thought, 22 Jan. 2015
A great book. Lots of food for thought.

Future Perfect (Blueprint trilogy Book 1)
Future Perfect (Blueprint trilogy Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 17 Nov. 2014
I really enjoyed this story and am looking forward to the next instalment. The story is told through the eyes of a misfit stuck in a world where almost everyone is trying to conform to what they see as perfect. The characters are well developed, with the two main people, Caia and Mac, gradually discovering real emotions and how to deal with them - a challenge for the two teens. The dystopian future world the story is set in is very detailed, painting a vivid picture of the citidomes and the surrounding countryside.
If you are a fan of the Hunger Games then I am sure you will love this.

My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography
My Word is My Bond: The Autobiography

5.0 out of 5 stars An enjoyable read and an interesting man., 17 Nov. 2014
I very much enjoyed this book. The focus is very much on his working life and I found it a fascinating insight into the life of a Hollywood actor. Roger Moore comes across as a likable chap with a boyish sense of humour. He comes across as honest about himself and the decisions he made in life, not always good ones. I can definitely recommend it.

Begin Again OST
Begin Again OST

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Moive, Great Music, 3 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Begin Again OST (Audio CD)
I loved the movie and the sound track was a big part of that.
I am not quite so keen on the "inspired by songs" on the CD and the last track is one of them, which is a little disappointing.
However, on the whole I like most of the songs.

Page: 1 | 2