Profile for John Gladman > Reviews

Content by John Gladman

John Gladman "John" (Nottingham UK)

And
And

5.0 out of 5 stars Rare record but one of the finest!, 24 April 2014
This review is from: And (Audio CD)
I am a long time fan of John. For some reason (cost!) I never got hold of And until recently.
It is a masterpiece. It gets the soul of the man and his music. The bass resembles some of the earlier work with Danny Thompson most will know of Solid Air and I was surprsied by the degree to which it invoked the same emotions in me at that record.
In fact the whole record, to me, sounds like a return to form and stands above his records that preceded it and followed it.
It really deserves to be more widely and affordably available.

Bose ® SIE2 Sport Headphones - Green (discontinued by manufacturer)
Bose ® SIE2 Sport Headphones - Green (discontinued by manufacturer)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great sound and great fit!, 29 July 2013
Are they worth it? Well, the sound is truly excellent. How do they get such bass from such tiny things?
And the fit is brilliant. I stuck the buds in my ears and immediately they were comfortable. No need to fiddle about to get the right sound. Perfect. And then I ran for 90 minutes and just didn't feel they were there. Have them in now! They never moved once. The lead was short and so did not swing about, and there are no in line controls to flap about either. It comes with smaller and larger ear moulding sets, but I had no need to try them.
I find that necklace style earphones shift if slack, and are uncomforatble if tight. The over-ear style hold in place better but even still they shift, a bit, when running. I looked at bluetooth ones, but the reviews were not good enough for running. So these are the best I've ever had.
There are some minor downsides of these headphones, which were not important to me but might be to others. The most important is the lack of in-line controls or microphone. These are for listening to music during sport. Second, the short lead might be a nuicance to someone with long arms removing their armband (but it comes with an extension lead so you can use the headphones with your device in a trouser pocket). The arm band that comes with it is cheap plastic. I could only just fit my iphone 4 in but it was so tight that it was not worth it and I can't imagine it lasting more than a few days without tearing. There would no way a key would fit in the key pocket as well. But it could work for a small device. I guess few people would buy these headphones for the armband anyway!
In short: the fit and sound make it worth the money to me, but obviously they are not cheap. Drawbacks are the lack of in line controls, short lead (both probably compromises to ensure good fit and stability), and poor armband.