Profile for Sam > Reviews

Content by Sam

Sam "Sam" (UK)

Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale Book 2)
Buffalo Soldiers (An Upstate New York Mafia Tale Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 30 Jan. 2013
After reading the first of the series I had to get the next instalment. Great pacy read with enough twists to keep it challenging. Looking forward to the next one.

Montenegro or Bust (The Three Amigos In Europe Book 1)
Montenegro or Bust (The Three Amigos In Europe Book 1)

1.0 out of 5 stars Just don't...if you do and then fail to rate highly watch out for a narky "fan" leaving comments and deleting your response..., 21 Jun. 2012
I'm visiting Montenegro this year and thought this could be an interesting read...wrong. It's not the worst book I've read it's just pedestrian and thinks it is a lot more amusing than it actually is. No interesting characters or anecdotes just a very average account of a middle aged man on a week long holidsy with his two mates. Constant references to women and their scores out of ten is just boring, lazy and old and to be honest a bit creepy. Certain phrases are overused - "I'll come back to that in a minute..." Unless you are interested in a list of meals someone has eaten, beers they have drunk, some dreary not that funny "me and me mates are having a right laugh"jokes, the attractiveness scores of women you haven't seen and a somewhat racist comment at the end I honestly wouldn't bother. Lazy, sexist and actually quite boring - it's like reading a dullard's holiday diary.....
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 8, 2013 1:14 PM GMT

All This Dancin' Around
All This Dancin' Around

5.0 out of 5 stars See them live!, 28 Jan. 2012
This review is from: All This Dancin' Around (Audio CD)
Saw them as a support along with Clutch last week. Absolutely brilliant live. There are elements of Queens of the Stone Age, some Led Zeppelin, and a touch of Murder by Death. Great hooks and a heavy, dirty sound. Love, love, love it. Love it so much I've just bought all the rest of the albums...there you go....can't say more than that.

War Stories
War Stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, awesome, awesome, 20 May 2008
This review is from: War Stories (Audio CD)
I don't usually feel the need to write reviews, I'm no muso but this album has blown me away. It was waiting for me at 6.30 this evening when i got in and the fact I'm writing this at 7.30 is an indication of just how brilliant this album is. No duff tracks at all I swear. It's dirty, sleazy, awe inspiring and a joy to listen to. Without sounding too gushy I've been texting mates like crazy urging them to buy this album.
I was hooked on the first track and it grows from there. It's hard to do justice by comparisons but as a guide take the best QOTSA, Stone Roses, Pink Floyd, a funked up Radiohead, Moby etc etc and it still doesn't come close to describing how good this is. It's a cliche but if you buy nothing else this year do yourself a favour and buy this - it is a seriously, seriously great album. The only problem now is finding something else as good......
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 14, 2014 6:59 PM GMT