Profile for John M Fisher > Reviews

Content by John M Fisher

John M Fisher

Page: 1 | 2
voltX 'CONSTRUCTOR' BIFOCAL Reading Safety Glasses CE EN166F certified/Cycling Sports Glasses (SMOKE/GRAY +2.0 Dioptre) includes safety cord + Rigid Clamshell Safety Case
Offered by StraightLines

5.0 out of 5 stars Good for driving on the continent., 5 Sept. 2015
I got these for driving on sunny days and they are perfect.
I chose the reading part of the glasses as 0.5 dioptre lower than reading as the dashboard is further away than I would hold a book or newspaper.

Foster Grant Hardy Reading Glasses Strength 2.5
Foster Grant Hardy Reading Glasses Strength 2.5

5.0 out of 5 stars Well made and good quality., 5 Sept. 2015
I have many pairs of these I leave a pair by the pc and another in the car, whilst a 3rd set are around my neck and a 4th set by the bedside.
Have used them for some years with no problems.

TP-LINK AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack
TP-LINK AV500 500 Mbps Nano Powerline Adapter Starter Kit - Twin Pack

4.0 out of 5 stars Good while they are working, 5 Sept. 2015
I have found a working life of only about 18months - 2 years.
Easy to set up, just follow the advice [given ie don't use extension leads]. They can be 'paired' using 2 points close together and then separated for use - the same trick works for additional units.
I link a BT infinity 2 broadband unit to 2 x sky boxes and a pc in the study [where I have a radio dead spot]. That's these 2 units plus 2 more as add-ons.

SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Black
SanDisk Clip Sport 8 GB MP3 Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Geat little mp3 player, 5 Sept. 2015
As long as you are happy working with the MP3 format - you have to convert standard ipod files- there are no problems.
I keep 1 micro sd full of dance music for the gym and a second with general music to listen to when out and about.
No problems with working out how to use it.

Lakeland Double Duvet Set Vacuum Storage Tote Underbed
Lakeland Double Duvet Set Vacuum Storage Tote Underbed

4.0 out of 5 stars Good for storing fabrics., 5 Sept. 2015
Bought to store sleeping bags etc for camping.
I won't be getting them out until next summer so I guess I can only comment on the storage aspect.
The sleeping bags and bedding shrunk down easly with use of a domestic vacuum cleaner.
The shrunken container fits easily under a standard frame bed.

Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt 5 Pack Mens Navy 2XL
Fruit of the Loom T-Shirt 5 Pack Mens Navy 2XL
Offered by Sportscentre

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I was after, 5 Sept. 2015
I wear these for work, under my hospital tunic, so they need to be comfortable and preferably not overpriced.
This product is both well priced [works out at just over £2 per shirt including delivery] and very comfortable, I have been wearing them for 12hr nights shifts, they still feel good in the morning.

JustIngredients Essential Fine Herbs Loose 100 g (Pack of 5)
JustIngredients Essential Fine Herbs Loose 100 g (Pack of 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars It's good to be able to buy this again, 24 Mar. 2015
I have been searching for some time for this product which most supermarkets appear to have stopped selling.
I probably ordered too much - a typical supermarket pot contains about 15-20g. But that is my fault.

Penny Bazaar - Traditional Christmas Cooking
Penny Bazaar - Traditional Christmas Cooking
by Marks And Spencer

5.0 out of 5 stars I didn't know you could still get this, 2 Feb. 2014
We had this book from years ago, it got trashed when we had a boiler leak in the kitchen.
My wife is overjoyed to have had all her favourite recipes back in time for Xmas.
We, her family, have all enjoyed eating the food.
An Xmas recipe book that you actually use every year? - could be time to republish.

The FRUGALITY Trilogy
The FRUGALITY Trilogy

4.0 out of 5 stars A chance pick was an entertaining read. Not the sort of book I normally read [58y male]., 2 Feb. 2014
I picked the first book because I have heard of Tollesbury; not a great reason but I found a gem.
The story stands well on its' own, entertaining, with a main character you can easily warm to and an ending I did'nt guess.
The 2nd and 3rd volumes were cheaper to download as part of the Trilogy so I did.
Each story is a good read in it's own right, I am not sure that you need to read them in the order published. The characters are all believable. The events all believable (even when initially you think they are not). The author makes a good story out of everyday characters living everyday lives, albeit with emotional and mental breakdown as a theme.
The author writes well from a viewpoint inside the character's mind; that is absorbing, but still retains a light hearted feeling that makes you read to the end of the book and then wish you had made the experience last a bit longer.

Delphi Complete Works of Marcel Proust (Illustrated)
Delphi Complete Works of Marcel Proust (Illustrated)

3.0 out of 5 stars Better than I thought, 15 Jun. 2013
I have to admit I was drawn to this author because he featured in a Monty Python sketch [about a summarising Proust competition]
It took most of the first book to adjust to the style, but now I am hooked. I would normally wait until I have finished reading the whole book before giving a review - but it might be some time before I get to the end.

Page: 1 | 2