Profile for Verlie Benwell > Reviews

Content by Verlie Benwell

Verlie Benwell

Dragonfly In Amber: (Outlander 2)
Dragonfly In Amber: (Outlander 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A must !!, 17 Jun 2013
If you have seen my review for Cross stich then you will know this is the second book in the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon.

If you love Barbara Erskine books then you will love love love this series of books. (6 in total)

I would advise that you read them in order though as you really don't want to miss out on any of the twists that are in the books.

This is my second time reading this set as I read them all some 10 years ago but am really enjoying them again second time around.

Cross Stitch: (Outlander 1)
Cross Stitch: (Outlander 1)
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab Read, 17 Jun 2013
I have had this series of books before (outlander series) but read them years ago in paper format.
I decided to download them onto my kindle to read again and am so happy I have.
It takes no time at all to get into the lives of the people in the book and its not disappointing second time around.
If you love a book that you don't want to end then this is the series for you as there are 6 books in all.
I am looking forward to reading them all over again !!!!

River of Destiny
River of Destiny
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars A Barbara Erskine classic, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: River of Destiny (Kindle Edition)
I think I have read nearly all Barbara Erskine Books and this one hasn't disappointed.

As with all her books its very difficult to put them down when you have started to read them and I love the way the stories within the story all come together to make one thrilling read.

Hideaway
Hideaway
Price: 9.78

5.0 out of 5 stars All I can say is WOW !!!, 17 Jun 2013
This review is from: Hideaway (Audio CD)
As most of the Matt Bianco sounds I have are from the 80's I brought this on a whim hoping it was as soulful and jazzy as the earlier stuff.

I was not disappointed !!!! I love love love this new album and keep playing it again and again.

It brings a little bit of sunshine into the grey cloudy summer we are having so far in England.

If you love your Jazz/soul vibe and are a caister soul weekender get this album. you will not be disappointed.

Sunshine Days - The Official Greatest Hits
Sunshine Days - The Official Greatest Hits

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Album !!! Buy it !!!, 17 Jun 2013
As someone who has loads of Matt Bianco LPs - This is a real must for loading onto MP3 player !!
It has all the best songs from the 80's with a new twist on some of the best which only improves the originals.
If you love your jazz/salsa with a bit of soul thrown in for good measure then this is for you.

Borat Mankini
Borat Mankini
Offered by Retail Zone

1.0 out of 5 stars Useless - Do not Buy this item !!!, 13 May 2013
This review is from: Borat Mankini (Luggage)
I should have known by the price of this item that it wouln't be up to much but expected a bit more than what it was. I brought it as a holiday joke but when my hubby tried it on it didn't cover anything. the bit in the front is just a small bit of triangular material without any means to cup a mans private parts.
If I had spent more on this item I would have returned it but just couldn't be bothered. The postage to return it would have cost me as much as the item. Don't let the picture mis-lead you like it did me its nothing like the Borat one and even in a different colour.
If I had my way I would have it removed from the website !!!!!!!!

Daughters of Rome (Rome 2)
Daughters of Rome (Rome 2)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book, 13 May 2013
I have purchased all the Kate Quinn ROME trilogy books and am on the third one now. I have to say that although there is three books you can read them individually and do not have to have read the first one to read the others.

Empress of Rome (Rome 3)
Empress of Rome (Rome 3)
Price: 4.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Cracking Read, 13 May 2013
Loved this book. I have a passion for historical books and love phillipa Gregory etc..

Found this right up my street and couldn't put it down.

Festive Knits - Family Knitting Patterns
Festive Knits - Family Knitting Patterns
Offered by Johnson Crafts
Price: 7.79

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Christmas Knits, 12 Feb 2013
Was really pleased with this booklet. some excellent xmas patterns not just for children.

Very easy to follow. Have already made the snowflake jumper for a man and half way through another for a friend.

Would recomend for all ages