Profile for H. Cowper > Reviews

Content by H. Cowper

H. Cowper (West Sussex)

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Little black gem!, 28 Aug 2013
I started a healthy regime (not a diet) and wanted to make sure I was getting enough exercise to be able to lose weight. I did a fair bit of research into these devices before I parted with the cash. I am pleased to say that 2 months after, I am still in love with this device and wear it everywhere..!
Syncing with Myfitnesspal makes this so much easier to commit to a healthy lifestyle. I have seen reviews concerned about steps being added when you're in a car etc, but as long as you take that into consideration, it's not a real problem and really what can you expect?
The fitbit app is great for tracking weekly progress and activity. It would be nice to bluetooth sync to other devices but it's not pain enough to put me off buying or using it.
What I really like is being aware of how active I am (or not) in a day, it gives me a good nudge to 'do' something.
I would absolutely recommend this product.

Provocative Therapy
Provocative Therapy
by Frank Farrelly

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent read!, 7 July 2011
This review is from: Provocative Therapy (Hardcover)
I bought this book after attending a 'Coaching with humour' course. The book is excellent, really thought provoking and very funny in places. It's a really good addition to a coaches library of books! Well worth buying whether you like NLP or not.

The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee
The Bedwetter: Stories of Courage, Redemption, and Pee
by Sarah Silverman

2.0 out of 5 stars Disapponting, 7 July 2011
I wanted to buy this book for a young person, the synopsis sounded so promising. However there was so much swearing/bad language that I couldn't give it as I had wanted. It's a shame because the book is really funny. I'm no prude but I just found the use of language off putting. I guess that if you are used to Sarah's humour then it's fine. it just wasn't for me.

Absolute Beginners: Kettlebell 3-In-1 With Amy Ben [DVD] [2009] [US Import]
Absolute Beginners: Kettlebell 3-In-1 With Amy Ben [DVD] [2009] [US Import]
Dvd ~ Amy Bento
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kettlebell DVD, 5 July 2011
I struggled to find a DVD for using a kettlebell, I took a gamble on this one and have been so impressed.
The instructions are really clear and well worth watching. You get a great work out.
This is well worth buying if you are a beginner, I thoroughly recommend it.

Shallow Hal [2002] [DVD]
Shallow Hal [2002] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Gwyneth Paltrow|Jack Black|Jason Alexander|Libby Langdon
Offered by DVD Overstocks

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth watching, 13 Oct 2009
This review is from: Shallow Hal [2002] [DVD] (DVD)
Shallow Hal, although a typical American feel good film, helps the viewer see how different things could be if we remove judgement based on appearances and get to know someone for who they are. It's what's on the inside that counts!