Profile for W. Furness > Reviews

Remix
Remix
Price: 1.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Prepare to stay up all night., 16 Jan 2011
This review is from: Remix (Kindle Edition)
I finished reading remix, at precisely 7:41am. I am going to pay for that all night session later!

Remix is a really good read, a perfect blend of thriller, romance and gentle comedy. An interesting mix of characters, I found I really cared what happened to them all.

The story begins as boy meets girl, but boy (Ric) happens to be an dead rock star asleep on girl's (Cas) sofa. She is remarkably generous in her treatment of her intruder, and this leads to her becoming involved in his story in ways a humble rocking horse restorer could never expect! I can't write much more without giving away plot details, so I won't. Buy it and see for yourself.

I will be looking out for more from this author in the future.

Karrimor Women's Bodmin Ii Low L Weathertite Dk Grey Dk Grey Walking Shoe K303Dkg149 6 Uk

4.0 out of 5 stars Buy smaller thank you think you need!, 12 Jan 2011
These are fabulous sturdy walking shoes, but I can't emphasise enough how big they come up! I am a wide footed 6 1/2 to 7 as a rule, but after reading the reviews of these shoes I ordered the 6, and waited with trepidation, fully expecting them to be too small. They are not. If anything, even the 6 is a bit on the large side, and it is hard to make them tight enough, possibly because of the padding in the tongue.

I'm delighted with them in spite of the sizing issue, but I don't think someone with narrow feet would get on at all well with them.

But Can You Drink The Water? (Droll, witty, and utterly British)
But Can You Drink The Water? (Droll, witty, and utterly British)
Price: 2.01

5.0 out of 5 stars The water turned out to be perfect., 12 Jan 2011
I have just finished reading But Can You Drink The Water? and I loved it. I found myself thinking about the characters even when I wasn't reading the book, didn't want the story to end, and was really rooting for them to make a massive success of the move. Rarely have I cared so much about characters in a book so much that I have gone on to imagine what happens after the final chapter.

I grew up in Liverpool in the 70s and 80s, and the characters in this book felt so familiar, maybe that's part of why I became so involved.

10/10 from me!

Heelys Fizz 7234-050 White/Pink Uk4Regular
Heelys Fizz 7234-050 White/Pink Uk4Regular

4.0 out of 5 stars Small!, 3 Jan 2011
The only thing of any significance to say about these trainerss with wheels is buy at least a whole size bigger than you think you need. They come up very small. Other than that they seem well made, although they have only been out of the box since Xmas day so early days yet! Lots of fun to be had once the skill is mastered no doubt, but it looks mighty tricky to me! My 9 year old is happy though, and that's the main thing.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 23, 2011 8:13 PM BST

Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Mamma Mia! The Movie [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Meryl Streep
Offered by CMS MEDIA UK
Price: 3.94

5.0 out of 5 stars Bliss!, 12 Nov 2008
At last a film that will take over from Dirty Dancing for girls nights in! And one we can happily let the children watch too! This film had us singing, dancing, laughing, crying and generally grinning from ear to ear. Apart from the one segment that had me hugging my daughter for dear life as the impact of the words to Slipping Through My Fingers hammered home! Lots of sobbing mothers at that point!

What's not to love about this movie!

Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat [DVD] [1999]
Joseph And The Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat [DVD] [1999]
Dvd ~ Donny Osmond
Price: 7.75

5.0 out of 5 stars Reliving my youth!, 30 Mar 2006
I rented this DVD for my daughter, quite forgetting how brilliant it actually is! I perfomed the play at junior school, and I went to see it at the London Palladium when Jason Donovan was Joseph. As soon as it began to play on my TV at home, it all came flooding back to me...I think my daughter was a bit startled to find mummy singing along and jumping up to dance :-)
I loved it, she loved it. Now let's get down and Jive with that Pharoh!