Profile for m50 > Reviews

m50

MSI AMD HD6450 2GB DDR3 PCI-E Graphics Card
MSI AMD HD6450 2GB DDR3 PCI-E Graphics Card

1.0 out of 5 stars Window 8 driver does not work, 18 July 2014
I took the precaution of totally cleaning the desktop computer before installing the graphics card. This procedure was completed with ease. Then the problems came which are all about the driver. No matter what you do the Windows 8 driver will not work and the cars reverts to basic settings. I did ensure the latest driver was installed but no matter how much you try the driver fails after less than 10 seconds. I returned this to Amazon and replaced with a Geforce which worked perfectly first time.

Blue Topaz Necklace, 9ct White Gold, Diamond and Blue Topaz Oval Pendant, 45cm Chain, by Miore, JM038P4W

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 Nov. 2012
Good colour topaz as represented by photo. Seen others where blue colour was very pale. Stone not quite as large as i would have wanted.

LUPO SDHC SD USB 2.0 Memory Card Stick Reader Adapter Writer (Supports Windows & Mac)
Offered by LUPO STORE

5.0 out of 5 stars What more can you say?, 22 Feb. 2011
This unit does exactly what it is supposed to do and at a very good price. My computer's old Memory card reader will not hadle SDHC cards so this is the ideal alternative.

Garmin Nuvi 265T 3.5" Sat Nav with Full Europe Maps, Bluetooth and Free Lifetime Traffic

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 22 Feb. 2011
This unit is not the latest up to date widescreen version, but represents very good value if you travel as widely through Europe as I do. On receipt the first thing was to get set up with the computer and download the latest maps these include the whole of Europe for this unit. The only problem here was that Garmin only provide just enough available memory for the maps installed and the newer maps take up more memory because there are more roads so you can't then get as much directly onto the unit. I had to load Western Europe onto the unit and other countries I needed like Slovenia and Croatia onto a micro SD card.
Like all sat navs I have encountered it does not take account of restrictions in City Centres where traffic is prohibited during daylight hours Florence and Pisa being where I first discovered this. It has some things corrected that Tom Tom did not at the time of writing the one I checked this on was a walk on ferry which the latest Tom Tom told me I could drive across whilst my Garmin sent me the correct way.
The niggle is the traffic alert which is very basic and not altogether representative of the real delay my unit told me of 10 minute delays on the road from Basle to Geneva when in reality I was waiting 90 minutes in the queues.

Invero Replacement Camera Battery for Sony NP-BK1 NPBK1 BK1
Invero Replacement Camera Battery for Sony NP-BK1 NPBK1 BK1
Offered by Invero

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a direct replacement, 19 Feb. 2011
I saw this as an ideal spare battery for my camera a Sony w370 and checked the types to make sure the correct replacement was being bought. On receipt I tried the battery in the camera which it rejected as not being a compatible replacement.
Whilst I did not have much trouble returning the item it is obviously not directly compatible. Have since bought an original which worked without issue.

Iomega ScreenPlay USB 2.0/AV/HDMI/Ethernet, 2TB Director Multimedia Drive
Iomega ScreenPlay USB 2.0/AV/HDMI/Ethernet, 2TB Director Multimedia Drive

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT do what it says on the tin, 19 Feb. 2011
Received this as a Christmas present after asking for a Media Player. As a storage device it works it stores items transferred from my computers and plays them most of the time through my TV. Like another reviewer I have some videos that refuse to play and it states "Bad Container" which means absolutely nothing. Some files can be re-copied to the drive and will then work whilst others stubbornly refuse to work under any circumstances.
Where my big issue with this unit lies is items from the net. It has certain categories of Youtube pre-loaded however when you attempt to play them - nothing. Likewise other items I wanted such a BBC's Iplayer.
When I tried to contact customer service I had to register the unit then register for help and assistance and after posing my question waited 3 days for each response.
After 5 such 3 day waits having upgraded my firmware like another reviewer and still not able to get any functionality on playing Youtube or any RSS feeds a Customer Service Representative admitted that there was a software problem with the device and that their programmers were aware of this problem and were attempting to include this in a future firmware upgrade. When I asked how long this was likely to be the response was that they did not know if it was even possible yet alone when this might be applied.
At this I gave up and returned my unit to the supplier as unfit for purpose.

Tuscany (Cadogan Guides)
Tuscany (Cadogan Guides)
by Dana Facaros

4.0 out of 5 stars Detailed and up to date, 25 Aug. 2010
This book is informative and good value. It is the 2010 issue and therefore bang up to date for this year's holiday. The prices were more up to date than those of our tour operator. One gripe is that it recommends that you book in advance for some of the Florence Museums to avoid the queues but there were no queues and we had to pay a hefty booking fee for booking in advance.