Profile for dwein22 > Reviews

Content by dwein22

dwein22 "dwein22" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset
Sennheiser MM 30i Ear-Canal Headset

5.0 out of 5 stars Durable, 19 Sept. 2012
Wheras I found these a little on the pricey side I can't fault the durability. I need ear-canal headphones as I'm hard-of-hearing and the one supplied with my phone are not good enough.

I've had them over a year and use them regularly whilst communting and never had a problem.

The main thing for me was an in line control as well as being able to answer calls.

After some bad experiences with Sennheiser headphones in the past I was a little sceptical but I was pleasantly surprised.

Meet the Parents / Meet the Fockers / Little Fockers [DVD]
Meet the Parents / Meet the Fockers / Little Fockers [DVD]
Dvd ~ Robert De Niro
Offered by WorldCinema

5.0 out of 5 stars Not much to say, 28 Aug. 2012
Let's be honest, if you haven't seen at least one of these films then you're unlikely to buy the box set.

The best thing about it is Robert de Niro going outside hsi known genre and starring in a comedy.

Last Night in Twisted River
Last Night in Twisted River
by John Irving

3.0 out of 5 stars Nowhere near his best, 28 Aug. 2012
I am a long-term fan of John Irving and think that The Cider House Rules is probably my favourite book. Unlike may of his books I found this hard to get into but once I did it was a page-turner.

I found I connected with the characters less in this than in other books. The characters (with the possible exception of Danny) are a little 2-dimensional for a lot of the book.

This would not be a good starter for readers new to John Irving.

Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 2)
Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein Series Book 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book it was very much a page-turner. It should be noted that it is a sequel to Blue Monday and a lot of the book makes no sense unless you have read that. Enjoyable but not as a stand-alone novel.

Calico Joe
Calico Joe

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Calico Joe (Kindle Edition)
As a Brit I must say that this book will be of very little interest to most people unless they have an abiding interest in baseball. The book seems to focus more on the game and averages/shots/scores than the characters and plot.

Grisham did prepare a foreword explaining the basics of baseball but the story focusses more on the achievements of a character than a half-decent plot.

Whereas I've enjoyed other Grisham non-legal thrillers this one was extremely disappointing.

Transition
Transition

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 5 Mar. 2012
This review is from: Transition (Kindle Edition)
This novel was a chore to finish although I did. Not enough development of the characters and far too much of his sci-fi writing (which I've never been into). The characters are very one-dimensional and unlike most of his other novels they seem to have no background. Two stars because some bits are nearly good. Next time will not by buying unless I can at least read a sample (on my Kindle) and will have to decide on the basis of that whether or not to purchase the entire book.

Private Games: (Private 3)
Private Games: (Private 3)
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 25 Jan. 2012
I really, really enjoyed this booke of Pattersons's. It was fast flowing and I'd say even better than the other two "Private" books. Could barely put my Kindle down for any length of time.

A romping good read.

The Litigators
The Litigators

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but ending was a little predictable, 8 Nov. 2011
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
I pre-bought this and was not disappointed. The reason I have not given it five stars is solely due to the fact that if felt the ending was a little rushed and not as well written as the rest of the book.

However, I must add my comments on the price, to have to pay over 50% more to read this on a Kindle makes a mockery of the entire system. Whereas I realise that Amazon have no say over the price of an e-book, perhaps they could at least equate the price to avoid penalising people who have bought THEIR device.

Contra todo enemigo
Contra todo enemigo

4.0 out of 5 stars A little confusing, 14 July 2011
I read this on my Kindle and although some aspects of the book wanted to make me keep reading, other areas were tedious. I've been a fan of Tom Clancy for years and I'd agree with other reviewers that a lot of this book seems to have been written by the ghost writer. This initially did not faze me because I loved "Dead or Alive". There was a very brief encounter with the Jack Ryan world which had no point unless as a plot for a future novel. I cannot see me buying another book with this co-author.

The Diamond Throne (The Elenium Trilogy, Book 1)
The Diamond Throne (The Elenium Trilogy, Book 1)

4.0 out of 5 stars Why only book one, 14 Jun. 2011
I read this in paperback but haven't yet bought it for the Kindle mainly because the entire series is not yet available. Eddings' two five book series (The Belgariad and Malloreon) are availble so why not the Elenium and Tamuli?

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10