Profile for dwein22 > Reviews

Content by dwein22

dwein22 "dwein22" (London, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 2)
Tuesday's Gone: A Frieda Klein Novel (Frieda Klein 2)

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 30 July 2012
I really enjoyed this book it was very much a page-turner. It should be noted that it is a sequel to Blue Monday and a lot of the book makes no sense unless you have read that. Enjoyable but not as a stand-alone novel.

Calico Joe
Calico Joe

2.0 out of 5 stars A little disappointed, 17 April 2012
This review is from: Calico Joe (Kindle Edition)
As a Brit I must say that this book will be of very little interest to most people unless they have an abiding interest in baseball. The book seems to focus more on the game and averages/shots/scores than the characters and plot.

Grisham did prepare a foreword explaining the basics of baseball but the story focusses more on the achievements of a character than a half-decent plot.

Whereas I've enjoyed other Grisham non-legal thrillers this one was extremely disappointing.

Transition
Transition

2.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 5 Mar 2012
This review is from: Transition (Kindle Edition)
This novel was a chore to finish although I did. Not enough development of the characters and far too much of his sci-fi writing (which I've never been into). The characters are very one-dimensional and unlike most of his other novels they seem to have no background. Two stars because some bits are nearly good. Next time will not by buying unless I can at least read a sample (on my Kindle) and will have to decide on the basis of that whether or not to purchase the entire book.

Private Games: (Private 3)
Private Games: (Private 3)
by James Patterson

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant read, 25 Jan 2012
I really, really enjoyed this booke of Pattersons's. It was fast flowing and I'd say even better than the other two "Private" books. Could barely put my Kindle down for any length of time.

A romping good read.

The Litigators
The Litigators

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable but ending was a little predictable, 8 Nov 2011
This review is from: The Litigators (Kindle Edition)
I pre-bought this and was not disappointed. The reason I have not given it five stars is solely due to the fact that if felt the ending was a little rushed and not as well written as the rest of the book.

However, I must add my comments on the price, to have to pay over 50% more to read this on a Kindle makes a mockery of the entire system. Whereas I realise that Amazon have no say over the price of an e-book, perhaps they could at least equate the price to avoid penalising people who have bought THEIR device.

Against All Enemies
Against All Enemies

4.0 out of 5 stars A little confusing, 14 July 2011
I read this on my Kindle and although some aspects of the book wanted to make me keep reading, other areas were tedious. I've been a fan of Tom Clancy for years and I'd agree with other reviewers that a lot of this book seems to have been written by the ghost writer. This initially did not faze me because I loved "Dead or Alive". There was a very brief encounter with the Jack Ryan world which had no point unless as a plot for a future novel. I cannot see me buying another book with this co-author.

The Diamond Throne: Book One of the Elenium (Voyager Classics)
The Diamond Throne: Book One of the Elenium (Voyager Classics)

4.0 out of 5 stars Why only book one, 14 Jun 2011
I read this in paperback but haven't yet bought it for the Kindle mainly because the entire series is not yet available. Eddings' two five book series (The Belgariad and Malloreon) are availble so why not the Elenium and Tamuli?

Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display
Kindle Keyboard, Wi-Fi, 6" E Ink Display

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Jan 2011
Dithered over getting a Kindle as was reading e-books on my iPhone. Finally decided to go with the full device.

Don't regret it at all, can read in bed easily and the device is so light it's incredible. The size is great for reading and the set-up was incredibly easy. The only thing is you need a light to be able to read, decided not to go for a case with a light as these are relatively heavy and that defeats the entire purpose, have a case but have a clip on LED which is more than sufficient but haven't needed to use it yet.

It's very like reading a book in that the screen is relatively unreflective and can be read even in bright light.

The controls are easy so even a child or technophobic adult could use it easily if it's set up by a slightly more competent user, however, no need for computer experts.

Reality Killed the Video Star
Reality Killed the Video Star
Offered by mrtopseller

4.0 out of 5 stars A great improvement, 10 Nov 2009
After the disaster of "Rudebox" this is a great improvement. This is more like the Robbie of old, he's got back writing with Guy Chambers and it is obvious. Although some tracks are very much like his older songs there's also some more mature tracks. Which you'd expect from a man of 35. Much, much better than "Rudebox" and comparable with "Life Thru A Lens", "Sing When You're Winning" and "Escapology" (Didn't particularly like "Intensive Care")

The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
The Lost Symbol (Robert Langdon)
by Dan Brown

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 5 Nov 2009
Far. far too predictable, whereas in his previous books there were at least some suprises, I found this book far too predictable, I predicted both of the "surpises" at the end way before they were revealed, including one very near the beginning.

Two stars is being generous.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10