7 of 8 people found the following review helpful
3.0 out of 5 stars
Reasonable value, 14 Mar 2012
A nice TV on paper but comes with a few flaws that you would expect from a slightly cheaper model. The delivery carrier didn't help the experience by sending it to the wrong sorting office... twice.
* As most other reviews have mentioned, the sound quality is poor, altho a good pair of external ones have been on my 'to get' list for a while so it should't bother me for too long
* The TV's HDMI in is incompatible with signals from a Macintosh Thunderbolt port
* The TV lacks a TRS input, the standard audio cable that is needed for sound with the VGA
* According to the manual, the ethernet port is completely redundent and functionless, apparently to be "used for MHEG return channel (future service, currently under development by broadcaster)"
* USB playback formats are very limited
That aside, the picture quality is wonderful, there isn't an arial on my house so the built in Freeview HD functions are lost on me, but its works very well with our Freesat HD receiver, and signals from a PS3 look equally lovely.
Summary: Needs help from other devices to do everything properly. External speakers are probably a must for all but the most tolerant. I will probably get an Apple TV to stream things to, the PS3 is handling that task at the moment but its not the most convenient of solutions