Profile for C. Winterburn > Reviews

Content by C. Winterburn

C. Winterburn (Wakefield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Whiskas Katzinis Treats
Whiskas Katzinis Treats
Offered by VetnPet

5.0 out of 5 stars GREEDY CAT, 29 Aug 2014
This review is from: Whiskas Katzinis Treats (Misc.)
My cat loves these. Recently they've vanished from supermarkets, not sure why so in case they've stopped making them I bought seven tubs for him to be getting on with.

2 x BLACK NECK CORD LANYARD GLASSES STRAP SPECTACLE HOLDER
2 x BLACK NECK CORD LANYARD GLASSES STRAP SPECTACLE HOLDER
Offered by Simply Direct ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars 2 x BLACK NECK CORD LANYARD GLASSES STRAP SPECTACLE HOLDER, 27 Jun 2014
the best way to look like Larry Grayson and all for just the princely sum of no more than 88p

The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared
The Hundred-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out of the Window and Disappeared

5.0 out of 5 stars A wonderful story about 100+ years of life, 7 Jun 2014
the story about Allan who is 100 years old who decides that he wants his life back and so jumps out of a window. This leads him on an amazing current day adventure where he meets new people who go along with him for the ride.

At the same time you get to go back in time and read about the 100 year life of the 100 year old man and the effect he had one world events.

The humour and style of story telling is rather silly and childish but I loved that about it.

A very good story which is told in a rather unique way!

The Killing 2
The Killing 2

4.0 out of 5 stars The KIlling - 2, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: The Killing 2 (Kindle Edition)
A good read! I was pleased to see they couldn't cope without Sarah Lund and had to bring her back. A genius who scares the crap out of her colleagues.

Strong characters and they're on a bit of a chase to find out who did what which sends Sarah out to Iraq because there's a lot of secrets in this book and no one wants to give them up.

The Body Farm (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 5)
The Body Farm (Dr. Kay Scarpetta Book 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars The Body Farm, 7 Jun 2014
I wasn't sure I'd like this one. Someone told me that this series dies off around this time but I have all the books and want to read all of them.

I liked the part about her niece finding herself as she grows up, finding herself in a gay relationship. I'm not too sure about all the Quantico stuff where theres so much security that it surely would be impossible to bypass all the security, but hey, I'm only the reader.

The actual crimes were a good read, of which I'll say nothing coz it'll spoil it for anyone bothering to read this review.

I feel sad for Marino. It's time he got himself a decent woman. He can't live off his desires for Kay any longer.

The Kay/Wesley romance thing is very intriguing.

The Secret Supper Club
The Secret Supper Club

5.0 out of 5 stars The SEcret Supper Club, 7 Jun 2014
I loved this book so much. I guess you could call it a chick-flick but I'm very much in touch with my feminine side and so I loved it. Hannah the main character struggles to get away from the life that's been mapped out for her. Miserable boyfriend who doesn't appreciate her and so they break up and then after that follows the most amazing story about supper clubs and cookery which leaves the mouth watering and the very complex relationships she has with numerous people had me laughing and cringing right to the end. Very highly recommended to anyone and everyone!

The Other Daughter
The Other Daughter

5.0 out of 5 stars The Other Daughter, 7 Jun 2014
another book that I'm fairly sure has been made into a film. I thought it got off to a slow start but then it picked up. Really strong characters. I'm glad Melanie got it together with Riggs. Lots of twists in the plot and plenty of bad boys to pin the blame onto.

Homeland: Carrie's Run
Homeland: Carrie's Run

5.0 out of 5 stars Homeland: Carrie's Run, 7 Jun 2014
A great prequel to the TV series and I wondered whether or not it would be as good as, after having watched the TV show but I have to say I think I enjoyed the books more than I do the TV show which I love. Instantly fell into the story and love Carrie's character. The book gave a strong sense of the HELL that man makes though to be honest, sat here in my comfy home I can never truly say I understand or feel what it could be like. It'll be the same review for all three books.

Shame
Shame

4.0 out of 5 stars SHAME, 7 Jun 2014
This review is from: Shame (Kindle Edition)
was this made into a film? I think it was. It was a good book. I loved the transsexual character whose name I forget but it was interesting reading the sexual tension between Caleb and her or rather Caleb's attraction to her. Sad that he'd lived under the shadow of his father's dark history but all comes good in the end.

The Mugger (87th Precinct)
The Mugger (87th Precinct)

5.0 out of 5 stars THE MUGGER, 7 Jun 2014
the second book I've read and although like most of these are dated, from the late 50's onwards they still read very well. Fast paced, a moderate amount of violence and plenty of twists to keep me happy.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10