Profile for C. Winterburn > Reviews

Content by C. Winterburn

C. Winterburn (Wakefield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Rod: The Autobiography
Rod: The Autobiography
Price: 3.66

5.0 out of 5 stars love him or hate him?, 15 Feb 2013
for me it's mixed emotions really. But to review the book itself, it is a fantastic journey through time as well as his own timeline. I think he's been as honest as he could have been. He highlights his failings with a certain ease yet finds it hard to compliment himself when things have gone right.

I've seen Rod as a great performer though musically I'm more in tune with Bowie/Jagger/Richards. Maybe if Rod believed in himself more, I would have believed more in him? All that aside, when he was with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces, he was a formidable performer, and no one can take that away from him.

I give the autobiography 5 stars and give Rod himself 3.5 stars.

Timbuk2 Ballistic Envelope Sleeve for Kindle with 360 degree protection, Indie Plaid/Black (fits Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle, and Kindle Touch)

5.0 out of 5 stars very well made, 12 Feb 2013
I like things that are well made. Made from good quality materials and put together properly, not some slapdash job. This envelope sleeve seems to be just that. It looks and feels like the quality I expected from this company. Being an obsessive/compulsive, I made sure I researched the company before I bought and they seem just the job.

My Kindle Paperwhite (which I deny owning to anyone who asks) fits inside very nicely. It fits snug enough so not too tight and not too slack that it's going to rattle about inside. The amount of padding seems just right. I think if I was to drop it then there's enough padding there to protect my gadget. It will offer great protection inside your bag/manbag/rucksack too. I would think that it would melt in intense heat, so maybe don't try setting fire to it, coz well, that'd just be plain daft wouldn't it.

The sleeve/envelope/case is sealed nice and firmly by two tabs of Velcro (I almost spelt it feltcrow - how silly would I have looked if I'd done that!) which hold the flap down securely.

Nice CHECK pattern too!

It says it comes with a lifetime guarantee, so I'm looking forward to putting that to the test.

Highly recommended!

The Millennium Trilogy
The Millennium Trilogy
Price: 7.72

5.0 out of 5 stars loved every single page of all 3 books, 9 Feb 2013
excellent! When I read the title I had in my imagination what the books might be about but I found that I was completely wrong.

Great characters. I want to be Lisbeth Salander!

I hope someone is allowed to pick up where these books ended. It was a shame that Larsson died so young and it would be a shame to see great characters like Blomkvist and Salander die with him.

Storyteller
Storyteller
Price: 9.27

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, 8 Feb 2013
This review is from: Storyteller (Audio CD)
Rod Stewart is someone I've followed that closely but I've been more interested in him since I've been reading up on Ronnie Wood's time in the Faces. I bought this to catch up with his music. I love his very early stuff with the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces. His voice suits the Rock/blues sound that I like. His more modern solo stuff is hit/miss with me but I loved Baby Jane when it was originally released.

Transcend 32GB JetFlash 600 Endurance USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Transcend 32GB JetFlash 600 Endurance USB Drive [Frustration-Free Packaging]
Price: 18.20

5.0 out of 5 stars great quality, 8 Feb 2013
I like things that are made to last and Transcend seem to make them how I like them. Very big 32 gig storage though my file wouldn't fit but it was only 8 gig so I checked online and there's something about a maximum size of FAT32 file so I reformatted to NTFS and all was well.

Stylfile S-Clipper Nail Clipper
Stylfile S-Clipper Nail Clipper
Price: 7.49

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 8 Feb 2013
very easy to use and does what it says on the description. Looks like it is going to last a lifetime. I hope it does.

StarTech 3m USB Micro Male A to Micro Male B Cable
StarTech 3m USB Micro Male A to Micro Male B Cable
Price: 4.76

5.0 out of 5 stars seems to be very well made, 8 Feb 2013
it's a HDMI cable so I can't get too passionate but it looks like it's built to last, which is all I ask.

M.O.D.
M.O.D.
Price: 1.83

3.0 out of 5 stars BRING ON THE REVOLUTION, 12 Jan 2013
This review is from: M.O.D. (Kindle Edition)
strong characters, I think I loved Abe the most - loved the far-fetched plot with its James Bond style secret mountain hideout. It makes you think, what if?

A Street Cat Named Bob
A Street Cat Named Bob
Price: 3.32

5.0 out of 5 stars the pair of them are adoreable, 8 Jan 2013
I'd scanned through various reviews about this book and then decided to read it myself. Once I picked it up I had all on to put it back down. My heart, and believe me, I'm normally cold-hearted, went out to the pair of them.

The story takes you through the joys and anxieties that come with being responsible for a cat. I've had two cats myself and so I could identify with the highs and lows having Bob, have had on James.

Like Bob, my first cat transformed my life in much the same way, though my life and James, are very different.

Great to read James's story too. Lets not forget that these two are equal partners in this book.

James is rather cute too. I've seen clips of him and Bob on TV. I was expecting a hairy monster but James is very pleasant on the eye.

The book flows nicely, written in a way that your normal person would write a book.

It deserves to be a best seller and long may Bob and James have the success they both deserve.

Adam: A Sensuous Coming-of-age Tale
Adam: A Sensuous Coming-of-age Tale
by Anthony McDonald
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars great story, 21 Dec 2012
a lovely book about young love. Quite homoerotic but not sleazy. Beautifully written! Can't wait to read the next instalment.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10