Profile for C. Winterburn > Reviews

Content by C. Winterburn

C. Winterburn (Wakefield, UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10
Midnight Rambler
Midnight Rambler

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Rambler, 24 Nov 2013
This review is from: Midnight Rambler (MP3 Download)
one of my favourite Rolling Stones tracks. I love watching them perform this. Great music for the mp3 player or iPhone 5S (64) in Space Grey, if you're lucky enough to have one.

Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA - Edit)
Love Is Lost (Hello Steve Reich Mix by James Murphy for the DFA - Edit)

5.0 out of 5 stars great remix, 9 Nov 2013
loved the revisit of Ashes to Ashes. Loved the video too. Creep and Haunting. David Bowie is the God of Rock Gods!

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars expensive but hopefully worth it, 7 Nov 2013
being that I'm out and about listening to music on my iPhone 5S (64 gig) in Space Grey, I felt it only right to give it as much protection as possible. Until I drop it onto a heavy surface, I'm unable to tell you whether or not this case will give sufficient protection, and well as much as I love to give an in-depth review, I'm unwilling to purposefully put it to the test.

That said, what arrived appears to give the protection it says in the description. It was very easy to fit the phone into it. Just evenly press it into the case and all is done. The covered buttons are just as responsive as would be if I was to press them directly on the phone.

I looked in other places, also EBAY but was unable to find this case at a cheaper price.

Steve Jobs The Man Who Thought Different
Steve Jobs The Man Who Thought Different
Price: 3.60

5.0 out of 5 stars A well written biography, 4 Nov 2013
I hadn't known Steve Jobs history so it was interesting to read where he came from and where he went to. Of course I knew his ending before I bought the book. Sad that a genius died in his prime. As for him as a person, I'm not sure whether I like him or not. A flawed character, but then aren't we all? I think it's fine being flawed but it's when your inabilities affect others, that's not the right way to go.

I have people I look up to. People like Bowie, Keith Richards. I can't see myself looking up to Steve Jobs in the same way.

Want to Play?
Want to Play?
Price: 3.99

4.0 out of 5 stars It got off to a good start, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Want to Play? (Kindle Edition)
I loved the start of the book and how the killer was planning who and when. I also loved the back story to what was happening in the present. The book has great characters too but then at the end it explains who did the killing and why and, I dunno, to me it just seemed a bit rushed and didn't feel right. All that aside, it's a great read and I look forward to reading more from this author.

Above Suspicion
Above Suspicion
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars SUPERB!, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: Above Suspicion (Kindle Edition)
I saw the TV show before reading the book but this didn't matter as it is such a good story. Great characters, a great plot with a nice sick baddie who I sort of felt sorry for. You can make your own mind up by reading it yourself.

Classic Shallow Cat Dish 6" 500ml
Classic Shallow Cat Dish 6" 500ml
Offered by Lamp-Post Pet Supplies
Price: 1.45

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality, 17 Oct 2013
excellent for a pouch of cat food to fit into. Look like they are made to last and easy to clean!

Cop Hater (87th Precinct)
Cop Hater (87th Precinct)

4.0 out of 5 stars Cop Hater, 13 Oct 2013
another dated book I thought I'd give a whirl at. Recently bought for 99p along with another 17 87th Precinct novels. Another wise purchase because it was a fantastic read. I love Steve Carella and his girlfriend, Teddy. The series is set in a non-existent city and so along with the plot, characters, you get to know the city as well.

Fast paced police procedural and with a surprising final twist. I sure weren't seeing that coming!

The Galloway Case (Bello)
The Galloway Case (Bello)
Price: 2.39

4.0 out of 5 stars back in the day when life was a little more gentle, 13 Oct 2013
I had big doubts about this book. Written in 1960 I thought it wouldn't punch hard enough to keep my attention. In fact it isn't a heavy puncher. It isn't a graphic thriller which is full of blood and guts, the sort I usually like. No gore but yet well written and a gentle story that kept me interested from start to finish.

Ever Fallen in Love
Ever Fallen in Love
Price: 2.99

3.0 out of 5 stars it was OK......, 13 Oct 2013
I liked the main characters. I think the lead character is a bit mixed up. I wanted him to go further but he didn't. I guess if he'd got what I wanted him to get then maybe the message in the book wouldn't be there. I'm only now seeing the message as I type this review.

Although I felt it lacked, it kept me busy from beginning to end so on that basis it's worth anyone's time and opinion.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10