Profile for Only Me > Reviews

Content by Only Me

Only Me (Dorset UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
SAMAR® - Supreme Quality New Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 inch Tablet (Released July 2014) Ultra Slim Black Case Cover Stand + [FREE HD Screen-Protector with cleaning cloth] [FREE Stylus] for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4
Offered by Case Specialist

5.0 out of 5 stars A Bargain - Recommended., 8 Dec. 2014
I was tempted to get the official Samsung case for my Tab S 8.4 but this one was over £30 cheaper so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm very happy with it, it seems very good quality for the price paid & offers good protection. If you've got any doubts about getting one of these, I'd say go for it.

Roberts Stream93i DAB/DAB+/FM/ Internet Stereo Sound System with 3 Way Speaker System

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended., 26 Nov. 2014
This is a very nice radio - looks great and sounds great too. Very easy to set up and comes with a really good 100 page user guide which is nice and easy to follow.
If you get this radio I would strongly recommend you to get the Roberts 'ConnectR' app for your phone or tablet, it makes it much easier to check out all the internet stations and, as far as I can see, means you don't need to use the remote control that comes with the radio.

HTC 8.9 inch Nexus 9 Tablet (64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 2.3GHz, 2GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Wi-Fi, Android v5.0) Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Nov. 2014
I got quite excited when I heard about this tablet. I had a Nexus 10 which was pretty nice but it was a bit too big and heavy to be ideal & 7 or 8 inch tablets were a bit small, also, although the screen was very sharp on the Nexus 10, the colours were a bit 'washed out'.

I wanted to stick with Android & the 8.9 inch screen with the 4:3 ratio on the Nexus 9 seemed just what I was waiting for. The tablet is pretty nice to look at and I didn't get any of the light bleed that others mention, the back flexing was a bit off-putting and the on/off and volume buttons are pretty poor. My main problem was the screen, one of the main uses for me for a tablet is viewing and storing photos and again, similar to the Nexus 10, the colours seemed dull with not enough saturation. I returned the tablet in the end as, for the price paid, I don't think it was nearly good enough.

I've been looking at the Samsung Tab S 8.4, and although the screen size isn't exactly what I want, the display is far better.

Motorola Flip Door Case Cover for Moto G - Black
Motorola Flip Door Case Cover for Moto G - Black

4.0 out of 5 stars Really nice case - compass users beware., 24 Sept. 2014
This is a very nice case, a little expensive maybe, but really does a good job. I was concerned about problems with the magnet in the cover and contacted Motorola who told me this:

''We would like to inform you that the Motorola Flipcase contains a magnet, and this will interfere with the compass usage, however GPS and Maps functions are not affected.

The magnet contain on the Motorola Flipcase is not strong enough to damage the phone components, and it is safe to use with your phone, the only problem will be compass, as all compasses will be affected by a magnet.''

This is something to remember if you are considering buying the case, but as I don't use a compass app it didn't put me off.

Motorola Moto G 5-Inch (2nd Gen UK Stock) Dual Sim 8GB SIM-Free Smartphone Black
Offered by SUPER TITAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the display when compared to the first Moto G, 21 Sept. 2014
I've got the original Moto G and have been very happy with it but, as I only had the 8gb version, I decided to get this because of the expandable storage. This is a nice phone but the big disappointment for me is the display. The display on the first G is beautiful, bright and colourful - the display on the 2nd generation phone is nowhere near as nice when compared side by side. I daresay the display on the new Moto G will be good enough for most people and the increase to 5 ins is welcome, but having been so impressed with the first phone, I've decided to return this one and get the 4G version instead to still be able to enjoy the excellent display.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 2, 2014 6:52 PM BST

Merrell Mountain Kicks, Men's Hi-top Trainers, Bracken J39457, 7 UK
Merrell Mountain Kicks, Men's Hi-top Trainers, Bracken J39457, 7 UK
Offered by Millet Sports

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Bargain, 31 July 2014
These are my third pair of Merrell shoes and I've been really pleased with them all. I've only worn these a couple of times so far but they felt comfortable straight away and just feel and look very good quality. I was able to get these for under £30 in the sale, so they are, for me, a real bargain & highly recommended.

Bologna (CitySpots) (CitySpots)
Bologna (CitySpots) (CitySpots)
by Thomas Cook

5.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 21 Jun. 2014
I got this for a visit to Bologna later in the year and am very happy with it. It's a nice small size and seems to contain all the information needed for my trip. There aren't many guides to Bologna available and this seems to me to be one of the best.

Nokia Lumia 520 - Leather Pull Tab Case Cover Pouch + Screen Protector & Polishing Cloth (Black)
Offered by GB Online Sales

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect case for Lumia 520, 28 Nov. 2013
This is a bargain - it seems very well made and fits the phone perfectly, the pull tab works as it should - really good value.

Essential Venice (AA Essential Guides)
Essential Venice (AA Essential Guides)
by AA Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Guide Book, 14 Oct. 2013
I bought the AA Essential Guide to Florence earlier this year and found it very useful on my trip there. I plan to go to Venice early next year and I'm sure this guide will be very helpful when I'm there, these books contain loads of useful information yet are small enough to carry around with no problem - looking forward to using it.

Verona, pocket guides
Verona, pocket guides
by n/a

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Guide Book, 28 Jun. 2013
This review is from: Verona, pocket guides (Paperback)
This was the only small guide book to Verona that I could find. It seems to cover everything pretty well and has useful maps for getting around. Also has brief details of nearby places including Vicenza and Lake Garda.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3